Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Uefa Cup Set-Up

Apart from disagreeing with Champions League third place finishers joining at the knock out stages I think the current UEFA Cup set-up is more exciting than the older one.  No more losing at the first hurdle to a Skonto Riga or Bohemians and the adventure being over before it`s even started.  To watch six different sides from Europe like we did makes all the hard work in the previous season worthwhile.  OK we`re not winners but the memories are more important right? 

Do you think Europe would stop becoming a treat if we qualified each year for the competition?

It would stop becoming a treat if we qualified for it every year and got pumped out by shite Irish teams every year. fortunately that doesn't happen very often so... no ;)  :thumbsup:

Guest swaddon

Are Hearts the only other Scottish team to have played in the UEFA Cup group stages?  Who did they have in their section I`ve forgotten?

Feyenoord, Schalke, FC Basel and Ferencvaros. They finished stone last in the group, having lost to Feyenoord, Schalke and Ferencvaros, but won in Switzerland against Basel. This all happened in the 2004-05 season, the first UEFA Cup to have a group stage. Rangers played in the group stage as well that season, but failed to qualify even with six points in a group containing AZ Alkmaar, Auxerre, Grazer AK and Amica Wronki.

• 1 month later...
Guest swaddon

As KGB says, a lot of siller to be had if we can get into it. I can't see it happening at Aberdeen in the next couple of years, tough, we don't have the calibre of player that got us into Europe last time any more.