Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Trialists

As well as the ex-Falkirk French defender we have on trial who was deemed not good enough for a new contract at French 2nd division side Guingamp, we'll also have Dyon Camero on trial with us in Holland. He spent a week at Pittodrie back in April and has been playing for a Dutch amateur team since. Can't say they sound too promising.

As well as the ex-Falkirk French defender we have on trial who was deemed not good enough for a new contract at French 2nd division side Guingamp, we'll also have Dyon Camero on trial with us in Holland. He spent a week at Pittodrie back in April and has been playing for a Dutch amateur team since. Can't say they sound too promising.

same same old from the tanned man.

goes to holland every year, takes on dutch trialist who turns out to be shit.

I see the trailist never even made it off the becnh last night

wtf is the point in that?

Surely there are better, available, players out there?

Aye - never got on despite Zander getting injured and having a straight swap available but put our left back into the middle instead.  Pointless having the lad on the bench if he is not good enough.

Aye - never got on despite Zander getting injured and having a straight swap available but put our left back into the middle instead.  Pointless having the lad on the bench if he is not good enough.

Don't disagree with that about the trialist, but apparently Mulgrew occasionally played centre half for Celtic Reserves, maybe JC was just wanting to see how he did there.

I’d Haiti to leave without a contract  ::)

Defender wants deal

By Sean Wallace

Published: 22/07/2008

HAITI international defender Lescinel Jean-Francois wants to win a three-year deal with Aberdeen.

The centre-back has been given two weeks to impress Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood, and will travel across for the tour of Holland.

Jean-Francois spent a turbulent four-month spell with Falkirk in 2006.

The former Paris St Germain stopper was axed by Bairns boss John Hughes when he returned to France for a family funeral without warning.

He said: “I want to win a three-year deal with Aberdeen and stay with the club for the long-term.

“Unlike Falkirk, I am not coming to Scotland for six months this time.

“When I was at Falkirk I was very young, only 18, and I did miss my family a lot.

“Now I am older and I can stay for a long time in Scotland.

“I am a free agent, so any move would be easy.â€

The towering defender has spent the last two seasons playing in the French Second Division with EA Guingamp.

He also spent two years at the same level with CS Sedan.

But the defender, who was an unused substitute in the 1-0 friendly win over Brechin City, insists his game is better suited to the SPL.

“I am a very physical defender and my best position is centre-back,†he said.

“Although I have spent the last few years in France, my time at Falkirk helped show me that my style is suited to Scotland.

“Scottish football is my game because I am powerful and love tackling.

“I love the physical side of the game, and the French style is not really for me.

“That is why I was at Falkirk and why I want to play for Aberdeen.â€

The 21-year-old was part of the Haiti squad that failed to qualify for the Beijing Olympics.

Lescinel played in all three qualifiers against Mexico, Canada and Guatemala.

“I will travel to Holland and play in games so it is vital I do a good job over the next two weeks,†he said.

“It is important to me to do everything I can to win a deal with Aberdeen.â€

Dunno much about this Lescinel chap, apart from a couple of things:

(1) When he turned up for Falkirk, he was pretty solid and decent

(2) He kept going AWOL at Falkirk ... firstly when he buggered off to a funeral in France without telling anyone at Falkirk, and then secondly when he failed to turn up to a meeting with the manager to discuss a permanent deal. Bit of a worry that we've got a wanderer on our hands here. But if he's more solidly built than yer average paper-weight Ricky Foster, then I'll at least be a wee bit happy

Anyone listened to his interview on RedTV? It's pretty funny as he barely understands the questions being asked. The interview finishes on:

Interviewer: "All the best and hopefully you can win a deal"

Response: "2 years"

In Peter Pawlett's interview the interviewer says "hopefully you can get some action in Holland".

Ha, simple things.

We'll have to see how he gets on in Holland.

He's talking himself to be a pure tank who enjoys a tackle (lol).

There's no harm in taking a look at him I suppose.

Guy who was on bench last night looked nothing like a tank more like a rake. Looked like he would snap in two in the first tackle he made.

Dons look to Davids as trialist leaves

Published: 28/07/2008

ABERDEEN manager Jimmy Calderwood has ended his interest in Haiti international defender Lescinel Jean-Francois.

The former Falkirk defender joined the Dons on trial last week but failed to make an appearance due to a groin strain.

Calderwood has now handed Zephaniah Davids the chance to shine on the pre-season tour of Holland.

The Dutch defender came on in the 2-1 defeat to FC Zwolle and will have the chance to further impress in the remaining matches.

Fellow Dutchman Dyon Camero is also on trial with the Reds and also featured in the latter stages of the Zwolle game.

Calderwood said: “Lescinel picked up an injury and we were not going to be able to see him play, so he has gone.

“We are looking at a few different things, so we will wait and see what happens.â€

Calderwood is still keen to bolster his squad and would like to sign another defender ahead of the SPL kick-off on August 9 against Inverness Caley Thistle.