Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

50 worst transfers

Nae to mention the £1m for Bernard, and I know I shouldn't as it just upsets me, but £850k for Brian O'Neill >:(

bernard could have been a great signing, if he had stayed fit.

Him and Jess together in the midfield were awesome.....for the 3months that both stayed fit.

Oh and Eion Jess is still my hero too.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a player that would warrant hero status again.  Who was the last? Probably Jess and Shearer.

Him and Jess together in the midfield were awesome.....for the 3months that both stayed fit.

Oh and Eion Jess is still my hero too.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a player that would warrant hero status again.  Who was the last? Probably Jess and Shearer.

In fairness I'd agree with your comment regarding Jess & Bernard together, pity it happened so infrequently

O'Neill though is another matter altogether

Shhheeeaaarrreeerrrrr!!!!

Eoin, Eoin Jess, Eoin, Eoin, Eoin Jess!

Maybe Deano as well?

No way Windass should be classed with the other two. Cult hero, if ever there was one. Good player and all that, but i think some folk mistake the current and recent Windass for the one we had.

No way Windass should be classed with the other two. Cult hero, if ever there was one. Good player and all that, but i think some folk mistake the current and recent Windass for the one we had.

FFS dinnae start that debate about heros and cult heros o'er again ;)

FFS dinnae start that debate about heros and cult heros o'er again ;)

:lolabove:

i'd thought about that Al! Have to say it grates on me the way people talk of Windass (and that cunt Dodds - Billy, not Davie) as if he was some sort of magicman. He wasn't, he was a very naughty boy to paraphrase someone.  A good player who never produced in the big games for us, is how i'll remember his time with us. Liked a goal against Hearts though, which is never a bad thing.

Fair enough Bobby - but we could really do with a hero right now!!!!

Bisconti, Windass and Stavrum would easily be classed as heroes nowadays.

Jess and Shearer were TRUE HEROES though, I will admit this!!!!

Certainly wouldn't disagree with you there DD. It would lift the fans if nothing else.

Agreed, GS. In that cup semi against the huns, Jess was all over the huns, taking the piss out of Gazza et al. Why? Because Bernard had such control of the midfield that Jess had both the time and the space to display his talents.

I've still got very very fond memories of Colin Cameron's "Comeback Match" at Tynecastle in February 1999. It was all over the back pages of the Evening News for weeks how Cameron was going to destroy the Dons on his comeback. They cleanly failed to realise that this match was also Bernard's comeback match.

Bernard completely stole the show and outclassed every player on the park, with probably the only exception being Thomas Flogel. From memory, Bernard scored the first of two goals.  If it weren't for the hype the loon got in the days building up to this match, I wouldn't have known that Cameron had even played in that match.

Even at his best for us Bernard was a bit meh

Bisconti on the other hand was a legend, never seen a player for the dons who could walk through a tackle the way he did.

He was a right dirty bastard as well, should have been sent off more ( was he ever sen off?)

Don't agree with that about Bernard. When he was good he was very, very good.

Bisconti was sent off in a 3-1 defeat at Tynecastle, also the day of his only goal for us.