Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Obrien gone to falkirk

Disapointing.  I always liked him when he was at livi and would hve liked to see him in red.

O'Brien back up north with Bairns 

O'Brien spent three years with Sheffield Wednesday

Falkirk have made former Sheffield Wednesday and Livingston midfielder Burton O'Brien the latest close-season addition to their squad.

The former Scotland Under-21 international, released by Wednesday at the end of last season, has signed a three-year contract with the Bairns.

O'Brien, 27, told Falkirk TV: "I think the club will be first and foremost pushing to get into the top six.

"But I would like to see us pushing to get a little bit higher than that."

Falkirk finished seventh in the Scottish Premier League last season.

South Africa-born O'Brien began his career with St Mirren, winning a big-money move to Blackburn Rovers after just 18 appearances.  MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to the signing of Burton O'Brien

He returned to Paisley on loan and his three-year spell at Ewood Park came to an end in 2002 having made just one substitute appearance for Rovers.

O'Brien spent three seasons with Livingston before a similar spell with Wednesday.

He becomes the fifth signing Falkirk head coach John Hughes has made this summer, following deals for Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara, Lee Bullen and Dermot McCaffrey.

Guest swaddon

I think Falkirk are going to be a good side next season. They might do what Kilmarnock did for a few years and be top 6 regulars.

They're my tip for the drop. Look at the players they have signed, O'Brien is a good signing, but Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara and Lee Bullen are too old, and I don't know who Dermot McCaffrey is, so I can't pass judgement on him. Most of their better players have gone as well.

They're my tip for the drop. Look at the players they have signed, O'Brien is a good signing, but Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara and Lee Bullen are too old, and I don't know who Dermot McCaffrey is, so I can't pass judgement on him. Most of their better players have gone as well.

They seem good at bringing in youthful and inexperienced players who can outplay most sides on their day but suffer from inconsistency. Signing a batch of experienced journeymen would ordinarily look like a weak move but with Falkirk I think it is exactly what they require. A better balance to their side and they might just find the consistency to challange top 6 properly.

They seem good at bringing in youthful and inexperienced players who can outplay most sides on their day but suffer from inconsistency. Signing a batch of experienced journeymen would ordinarily look like a weak move but with Falkirk I think it is exactly what they require. A better balance to their side and they might just find the consistency to challange top 6 properly.

Snigger  ;)

I think Falkirk are going to be a good side next season. They might do what Kilmarnock did for a few years and be top 6 regulars.

Wouldnt surprise me at all.  Hughes trys to play football to so i certainly wouldnt grudge them success.