Past Failings

The thing which really annoyed me about the coverage Rangers got on their way to the UEFA Cup Final was the fact they were only in the competition for failing in a more prestigious tournament.  Why was that any more of an achievement than us going through a qualifying round, getting out of the Group Of Death and then putting up a good show against the seventh richest club in the world?  In terms of the resources they have compared with us I think we did the country proud if not prouder than those idiots in Govan.

SeeBass

as long as they dont win anything

I agree broadly with the idea that the OF having respectable European campaigns (and other Scottish teams, as well) is a good thing. Other countries having respect for Scottish football is very desirable, I think. I won't deny I also love seeing them get their arses handed to them by Viktoria Zizkov  ;D et al, but it's also positive that they do ok...

But the above is the key thing. And it's a risky little game...this years UEFA cup was just a little too close for comfort in my view.

Anybody else get as far as the foreign office website with details on how to emigrate?

Aye the UEFA cup last year was definitely squeaky bum time and I won't deny that I was roaring on Zenit in the final. When they put in decent performances, like the Huns did away to Sporting, then I don't mind too much, it's when they are scabby as fuck that you get a bit pissed off.

Although in saying that, when Hearts were getting gubbed in their CL qualifier I was happy.