Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

442 Questionairre

Stolen off Pie and Bovril with my answers.

What's your greatest hope for this season?

Keeping in touch with the OF and a cup win (of any sort) at long last

- And your biggest fear?

Mid-table/bottom six mediocrity and humiliation in the cups (again)

- Most important player

ummm, ahh probably someone we haven't bought yet but given the state of our defence probably our only recognised half decent defender - Zander Diamond

- Cult hero/terrace favourite

again if there is something we really lack it is a cult hero.  I'll go for Ricky Foster on account of the sheer amazement at him actually being allowed to play every week-  "What's that coming over the hill, It's Ricky Foster"

- Keep an eye out for. (young player)

Strachan, McVittie...oh what do you mean we let them go

- Player you'd happily drive to his next club.

With McNamara and Bus gone, and given the lack of players we have at the moment I doubt we can afford to actively get rid of anyone

- What one change would you make at your club?

Change the attitude of the board - They need to show some optimism and ambition and most importantly back their fans instead of constantly laying into us and blaming us for all the clubs ills, for that they need to look closer to home

- Have you got the right manager?

Who knows.  On a good day  - Celtic in the cup, Europe, Rangers at pittodrie most times  - then absolutely yes.  On a bad day - killie away, cup semifinals etc - god NO.  Needs more good days this season or he'll be chased out.

- What advice would you give him?

Football is a simple game, played by simple players. Stop trying to complicate things.  Play a settled formation with the best players in their best positions and we will win far more than we lose

- Which team do you most want to beat this season?

Rangers at Ibrox or United at Tannadice, it's been too long

- Opposition player you despise

I'll avoid the easy "hun" option and go for Noel Hunt

- Opposition player you secretly admire

Barry Robson

- Where will you finish?

Between 3rd and 6th

Guest ally s

To finish 3rd or win a cup.

- And your biggest fear?

Finishing in the bottom 6.

- Most important player

Severin

Diamond

Sammy Stewart

Lee Mair

Like above - the attitude of the board.  We desperately need new training facilities and a decent youth set up.

Hmmmm, not sure.

Stick to one formation, come out and have a go when we're playing away instead of the negative defensive pish.

Celtic

Russell Duncan

Darren Barr

- Where will you finish?

4th

Back into Europe and At least a cup final

- And your biggest fear?

Another season like last season

- Most important player

Miller - if he doesnt play - we dont play

Ricky Foster - Sometimes its like watching a retard learning to swim, but by god he tries

Who's left?

Lee Mair

Start including more youth players in the first team, we need to start giving young players a chance its the only way the club will ever move forward.

No. He's done his job, steadied the ship - now its time to bring in a manager who will make us a more consistant team.

Play your best 11 players and play a settled formation, changing posititions every two minutes is doing more harm then good.

Rangers at Ibrox

The list is endless

Noel Hunt

- Where will you finish?

5th - Reckon Hibs, Motherwell and United will be a major problem for us finishing any higher.

Progress on the new stadium and training facilities.

- And your biggest fear?

Yet more mediocrity. If nothing else, at least a slump will result in action being taken.

- Most important player

Very tough to say. On his day, Lee Miller is certainly capable of providing that wee twist of magic, but for consistency and influence, it has to be Zander Diamond.

Cult here is different from terrace favourite: I doubt very much whether those who have said Ricky Foster so far would put him anywhere near their favourite player. Again, Zander Diamond.

- Keep an eye out for (young player)

Sammy Stewart (said more in hope than expectation).

Lee Mair, without doubt. Darren Mackie comes close, but let's face it: he's never going to leave Pittodrie.

The chairman to clear the debt. He doesn't need to pump millions into the transfer budget, but servicing the interest alone is crippling us financially and preventing us from showing any real ambition.

Does it matter? He's not going anywhere, regardless of how much some sections of the support dislike him. He's neither good enough to be snapped up by anyone else or shit enough to get the boot.

Stop deflecting so much of the blame onto the players when things go wrong. All it does is create disharmony and the need to have a costly clearout of 'problematic' squad members when they finally lose all faith in you being able to motivate them as a team unit. Oh, and playing people in their correct positions may also be a good idea this year.

Rangers at Ibrox. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Aiden McGeady. Horrible, despicable wee bastard.

Laryea Kingston.

- Where will you finish?

Top half of the table; probably fourth behind Dundee United.

What's your greatest hope for this season? - To play more entertaining football than last season when some of the stuff we played was dire at best.

- And your biggest fear? - We play worse than last year.

- Most important player - Severin or Smith (if he ever gets fit)

- Cult hero/terrace favourite - Tounzani

- Keep an eye out for. (young player) - Not produced a decent young player since Anderson so none

- Player you'd happily drive to his next club. - so many deserving candidates it would be unfair to pick on just one.

- What one change would you make at your club? - Get a proper training facility

- Have you got the right manager? - On a few occasions he has looked the real deal but on many many more he has looked a clueless balloon so probably no.

- What advice would you give him? - Play the ball on the ground we look like a decent team when we do that.

- Which team do you most want to beat this season? - Everyone else

- Opposition player you despise - Pretty much all of them

- Opposition player you secretly admire - Barry Robson

- Where will you finish? - anywhere from 3rd to 11th

To win the SPL, But in reality qualify for Europe and win a cup.

- And your biggest fear?

Failing again to qualify for Europe

- Most important player

A fit Jamie smith

Not had a cult hero for a few years now.

Don't know

No one at the moment

A bit more ambition from the board.

Who knows.  On a good day  - Celtic in the cup, Europe, Rangers at pittodrie most times  - then absolutely yes.  On a bad day - killie away, cup semifinals etc - god NO.  Needs more good days this season or he'll be chased out. (Ditto)

Football is a simple game, played by simple players. Stop trying to complicate things.  Play a settled formation with the best players in their best positions and we will win far more than we lose (Ditto)

Rangers at Ibrox.

Anyone that scores against us.

Barry Robson

- Where will you finish?

3rd

What's your greatest hope for this season? - One of our strikers scores +20 goals

- And your biggest fear? - The defence shipping goals more goals than our strikers can score

- Most important player - Zander

- Cult hero/terrace favourite - Zander

- Keep an eye out for. (young player) - Maguire!?!  :o

- Player you'd happily drive to his next club. - Lee Mair (I would just run over Duff and get rid of him)

- What one change would you make at your club? - Swap Angus the bull and JC

- Have you got the right manager? - lollercaust.gif

- What advice would you give him? - 442 or at least have a consistent formation

- Which team do you most want to beat this season? - The hun

- Opposition player you despise - Nacho Novo

- Opposition player you secretly admire - None

- Where will you finish? - Fuck knows at the moment, will have to see what the team looks like first!

To win the league

- And your biggest fear?

Relegation

- Most important player

The left-back we haven't had for umpteen years

Zander Diamond

Does Considine @ 21 count? Big season for him, cut out the stupid mistakes and we have potentially one of the best centre back pairings in the SPL.

Bertrand Busso (Chippenham Town is within walking distance of me, he can have a piggy back) and still won't get a game.

Some positivity from the top, negativity breeds negativity, and encourages the acceptance of mediocrity. The large percentage of fans don't accept it so why do the board?

Given my previous answer this will seem strange, for the time being I beleive we have. Jimmy seems to strive for mediocrity and doesn't seem to possess the vision to turn us into genuine Old Firm challengers. However, until the men above him show that ambition there is no point in appointing a manager with greater ambitions for Aberdeen, as they will only get frustrated or desperately drive usi n the wrong direction due to lack of funds.

Ease off on the low factor sun protection otherwise you won't be arround long enough to accept that "dream" job in League One.

Rangers

None, there is not one that is genuinely good enough or has the personality, to waste the time and energy.

Thats difficult given the duffers that play for the supposed two best teams in the league. I would probably like to have McDonald on our books, given last years form.

- Where will you finish?

1st

A cup win of some sort

- And your biggest fear?

finishing below hearts and Scumdee utd or Rangers winning at pittodrie

- Most important player

Seve if he gets his form back is our best player by a mile with the possible exception of Jamie Smith

Personally for me its Zander or Miller

Bebo - if he's being working on his strength over the summer we should be able to see the talent that he has but has only shown on rare occasions

Soutar - cunt

Invest some money - not much(in football terms) to bring in a quality player or get the go ahead for our new stadium

This may sound weird but Yes. He has turned the club around from the Paterson days and are consistantly in the top 6. if he was to get a few quid to spend in the transfer market to take in quality players i think we could split the OF

We are a good passing side as was proved in the cup replay vs Falkirk - do it more often other than lob it up to Miller the whole time

A win at ibrox would go down a treat but if no either Tannadice or Tynecastle

Barry ferguson, Nacho Novo or Barry Robson - cant decide who

Barry Robson

- Where will you finish?

My heart says we might break the OF if we bring in decent players before the season starts but my head says 3rd or 4th

What's your greatest hope for this season?  Euro qualification by any means, only time I really look forward to games in recent years.

And your biggest fear?  Bottom 6, and unfortunately I think it's more likely than my first answer.

Most important player - Jamie Langfield, unfortunately, no matter how well we play, if he has one of those days where he's too busy daydreaming about what he's going to have for his tea, we won't win.

Cult hero/terrace favourite - Diamond I suppose.

Keep an eye out for. (young player) - Don't think we've got anyone coming through that will get past the Mackie/Foster/Considine level, and that's not really something to get overly excited about.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club. - There are so many, I could hire a bus and some would still have to stand. But I'll go for Mackie.

What one change would you make at your club?  Get rid of Willie Miller and Duncan Fraser and use their wages to hire a good Chief Executive to shake up how the club is run, improve its image, introduce some successful marketing initiatives and just generally prevent us being a laughing stock which seems to happen a couple of times a season.

Have you got the right manager? He was at one point, not any more in my opinion.

What advice would you give him? Encourage your players, some respond well to getting a roasting, but a lot of them don't, and if you want to get the best out of those players, you need to give them the encouragement they need. Try and be a man your players who can look up to and respect instead of being a petty bully if someone doesn't agree with you.

Which team do you most want to beat this season?  Dundee Utd

Opposition player you despise - Motherwell keeper something Smith, I'm still disgusted in our players that not a single one of them fired into him in the resulting corner after his gamesmanship contributed to Jamie Smith missing a pen at Fir Park. Cowards each and every single one of them. That was 2/3 years ago and it still makes my blood boil. He should have ended up tangled in his own net picking his teeth off the pitch.

Opposition player you secretly admire Barry Robson, utter cunt though.

Where will you finish? 7th

Our defence to return to the standard it was 2 seasons ago

- And your biggest fear?

Our defence to get worse

- Most important player

Jamie Smith. If he can stay fit for longer than 3days every quarter then suddenly our attack might have some structure

Not so much a hero as a liability but i think its Richie Byrne. One thing to surely get the adrenaline pumping is whether or not he is actually going to be risked

This young boy hamill. kepe an eye out cos hes probably going to end up at hibs and be taking the piss out of us

Want to say severin but with macnamara fucking off he might actually see himself as one of the 'old heads' and start actually leading by example

id like to see a bit more sense when it comes to ticket prices and offers to get the fans back in. Bringing back the same ticket arrangement for the merkland that they had back in the early 90s which saw that stand almost always sold out. Only charging £25 (if that) for the seats in the front section of the main stand with the restricted view in the back section being cheaper than the south stand. Perhaps charging less for seats that are uncovered. Perhaps even making the main stand 'the family stand'

Never really been happy with the guy. But then again the only manager ive liked since I became a fan was Ebbe.

Is someone is a defender then dont play him as an attacker etc etc

Dundee United at tannadice

Either Scott brown or Arthur Boruc

Noel Hunt

- Where will you finish?

between 3rd and 12th

A cup win and a return to Europe

- And your biggest fear?

The same feeling of empty dissatisfaction remains throughout Pittodrie, with no reason drastic enough to justtify a complete overhaul

- Most important player

Probably Zander considering our lack of able defenders, although Lee Miller is more talented

Not really applicable. I'll say Mackie for the pantomime he causes in supporters' arguments and for his Random Goals of Significance

Maguire needs a good season

Lee Mair, outsdandingly incompetent.

Just the one? Change the structure upstairs to one that is more forward-thinking, ambitious and innovative. I can't help thinking that, if the club was well-run and promising, last season could be seen as effective transition. But it isn't so it feels a little bit like the road to nowhere.

I dont't think so, although I equally don't trust the club to suitbaly replace him. So yes, by default, we do

Keep it simple, don't speak too often, and try to encourage some attractive football

Rangers, four times

It's difficult not to say Nacho Novo

Kris Boyd. If we had someone who could regualarly finish we'd be in Europe now.

- Where will you finish?

4th, while feeling we could've done better.