Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FAO Milne and Miller - Speculate to accumulate

We've all harped on in the past that the board needs to speculate to accumulate in the transfer market. Well now we have a concrete example of this being true:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7439641.stm

Ferrie Bode who we refused to pay £50k for last summer is now being valued at £2m!!

Fucking get the boat pushed out for Gow and with a good season for us behind him we could flog him on for more than a mill.

Give me some fucking inspiration so that I'm actually excited about renewing my ST.

good post, we would have done better with BODE IN OUR SIDE, HE HAS THAT BIT OF BITE THAT WE LACK, also i think he isn't worth that but fair play to them.

We need gow, i also think if we were to get the romanian guy, Cowie or black and a decent striker i am positive for a 3rd place finish.

good post, we would have done better with BODE IN OUR SIDE, HE HAS THAT BIT OF BITE THAT WE LACK, also i think he isn't worth that but fair play to them.

We need gow, i also think if we were to get the romanian guy, Cowie or black and a decent striker i am positive for a 3rd place finish.

Niculae, Gow, Cowie, a left back and a centre back would see me very happy. Add in a couple of loans ala Walker and Aluko and we would be looking at a return to Europe. Have the board got any ambition though?

I'll be reserving judgement after the transfer window shuts in august. By then we'll really see what the club have done to entice the fans back for another season. The word "quality" is being heavily used when the club are describing the players set to be signed. Those who have left will be replaced with the same "quality" they say. To replace barry nic, hart and clark you need to spend money. 

Well Gary McDonald is a decent player going by peoples judgement and his reputation but this keeper comes across as being a cheap option.

Hopefully there'll be some big signings but i can't see it to be honest. Last year we got JDV(if you can call him a big signing) but sadly he just hasn't got going.

There's no excuses not to bring in bloody good players as we have the cash to it after last season!!! :hammer:

We've all harped on in the past that the board needs to speculate to accumulate in the transfer market. Well now we have a concrete example of this being true:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7439641.stm

Ferrie Bode who we refused to pay £50k for last summer is now being valued at £2m!!

Fucking get the boat pushed out for Gow and with a good season for us behind him we could flog him on for more than a mill.

Give me some fucking inspiration so that I'm actually excited about renewing my ST.

Saw that about Bodde yesterday, and my reaction was exactly the same as yours. So typical of AFC. Instead of splashing £50k on this guy, we went for Derek Young who - despite exceeding expectations - is nowhere near the class of player we should be looking to sign.

I still don't think Gow has done anything to warrant us breaking the bank for him, and I'd genuinely be interested to know why people are so keen for us to risk money on him. Riordan, on the other hand, should be target number 1. The Tims won't hold out for £1m for him, especially, if he starts kicking up a stink. There may be other clubs interested, but fuck it: if you don't ask, you don't get.

The board DOES have ambition, and this is the problem, because their ambition is simply to remain in the SPL and shoot for top 6 finishes.

Another problem is that we could have had a guy for 50k who turns out to be a player.  And we didn't have the coaches who weer able to identify his talent.  Instead we went with Young.

This speaks volumes for the lack of basic ability amongst our coaching staff.

The rot runs deep at Aberdeen, and it might never go away.