Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs and Aberdeen to fight over Liverpools Adam Hamill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1023024/Aberdeen-Hibs-join-queue-land-Liverpool-winger-Hammill.html

Hibs and Aberdeen are among the clubs set to fight it out for the loan signing of Liverpool winger Adam Hammill.

The 20-year-old had a successful four-month spell at Dunfermline last year, helping the Pars reach the Scottish Cup Final, and could now be set for a return north of the border this summer.

Hammill is back at Anfield after a season-long loan at Southampton but Reds boss Rafa Benitez is exploring the option of farming him out again to gain experience.

But the SPL duo are likely to face English competition from the likes of Swansea, Plymouth, Charlton, Preston and Wolves.

Meanwhile, Hibs striker Abdessalam Benjelloun appears set to quit the club this summer due to a lack of opportunities under manager Mixu Paatelainen.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/664398?UserKey=0

ABERDEEN manager Jimmy Calderwood was today warned he could have to wait until July to land Adam Hammill.

The Dons boss is keen to take the Liverpool winger to Pittodrie on loan after he impressed in a similar move to Dunfermline in season 2006/2007.

The 20-year-old is back at Anfield after a stint with Southampton and is awaiting news on his future.

Hammill’s agent Tam Byrne said: “Adam has not long finished his loan spell at Southampton and wants to find out what Liverpool are planning for him.

“He won’t find out until he returns for pre-season training in July as he is on holiday right now.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he is loaned out again, but I haven’t been told to find him a club.

“If he is farmed out on loan again, then there is a chance he could return to Scotland.â€

Hammill still has two years left on his current Anfield contract and he’s keen to eventually crack it on Merseyside.

But boss Rafa Benitez wants the rising star to gain more first team experience.

That’s alerted the Dons who would face serious competition from Hibs, Swansea, Plymouth, Charlton, Preston and Wolves.

Guest ally s

Benjalloun - worth a look?

Not sure.  I think Hibs would want a fee for him assuming he's still under contract.  I also think he's one of these players who infuriates folk.  Sometimes he's brilliant, other times he's woeful.

Not sure.  I think Hibs would want a fee for him assuming he's still under contract.  I also think he's one of these players who infuriates folk.  Sometimes he's brilliant, other times he's woeful.

Indeed we already have Miller/Mackie/Bebo