Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aluko & Walker released from club - before huns game!

Sone Aluko and Josh Walker will miss Aberdeen’s final match of the season against Rangers as they will be on international duty with the England under-19s.

The decision to release the duo effectively ends their time at Pittodrie as both players’ loan deals expire at the end of the season.

Aluko is returning to rele-gated Birmingham for pre-season training and Walker will head back to Middlesbrough. Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood will attempt to bring the pair back on a new loan deal next season, but said he did not want to stand in their way from playing for their country.

He said: “If we still had a chance of getting third spot then I would not have released them.â€

:hammer:

We still have plenty to play for you fat orange twat, letting two of our best players go  :hammer:

Aluko has been one of our most inconsistent players of the season.

Granted, when he's on form he's very good, but so often he has been steamrollered by more physical teams.

Hope we can get one/both back next season though.  Probably more chance of getting Walker back.

Granted, when he's on form he's very good, but so often he has been steamrollered by more physical teams.

Hope we can get one/both back next season though.  Probably more chance of getting Walker back.

Agree with that. 

But maybe he just looks good in the few games/minutes where we actually go out to attack and use his skills appropriately instead of sitting in and hoping he produces a miracle on the break.

Calderwood quote in P&J:

“If we still had a chance of getting third spot then I would not have released them.â€

but we still have chance of 4th and extra £120,000 extra prize money and the chance to go out at end of season on a high which could have significant impact on season ticket sales.

Aluko has the best feet of any player I've seen at Pittodrie this century. What I mean by that is that his ability to trap and control a ball, and run with it stuck to his toes is absloutely awesome. I find myself watching only him in the warm ups. Up until this season, I used to spill out of the pubs barely in time for kick off. I also like watching JC in his suit and normal shoes joining in and giving the lay offs in the shootie in's. Wtf is that all about?

However, as I've also said on here, I doubt that Aluko would ever start three consecutive EPL games in his whole career. As you say K, he is too easy to stop. He's not physically strong enough for the top league in England, and unless he increases his gym work by 900%, has no chance of developing to the best level. Too lightweight. His team getting relegated only delays any prospect he may have had of playing EPL football any time soon.

Walker on the other hand is a kid with great potential. I have no idea what went wrong that he got humilated by his manager at Rugby Park and not played again, until Saturday, so I was surprised to hear, or at least what Aberdeen Journals wrote, that Josh wanted to stay. Hope he does. He could be the real deal.

There's no way any of our players will not give 100% and there is no way the manager will do anything to throw the game.

Loved every word of what you were saying there, mate ... right up until you said the above. I'm presuming you've forgotten the match at Ibrox a few seasons ago when we were level-pegging past half-time. Then JC decided that, rather than stick to the 4-4-2 game plan that was working, he'd shift things around to produce another one of his fabulous formations that only he knows how to operate.

The dirty huns saw this change happening and saw how uncomfortable our players were with the change, and within the space of about 12 minutes we were 4-0 down. I seem to remember Kevin McNaughton receiving his first ever red card that day too. But that might've been another game at Ibrox.

Loved every word of what you were saying there, mate ... right up until you said the above. I'm presuming you've forgotten the match at Ibrox a few seasons ago when we were level-pegging past half-time. Then JC decided that, rather than stick to the 4-4-2 game plan that was working, he'd shift things around to produce another one of his fabulous formations that only he knows how to operate.

The dirty huns saw this change happening and saw how uncomfortable our players were with the change, and within the space of about 12 minutes we were 4-0 down. I seem to remember Kevin McNaughton receiving his first ever red card that day too. But that might've been another game at Ibrox.

To be fair to JC, and I think the man is an incompetent buffoon, did we not lose the first goal before he went daft, with 25 minutes to go?

Same scenario 2 seasons ago when going into last game against half hearted Celtic side we played half a reserve side even though a win would have had us finish 4th in league instead of the 6th we did finish, which would have made the club the extra £120,000 that we are playing for next Thursday.

Same scenario 2 seasons ago when going into last game against half hearted Celtic side we played half a reserve side even though a win would have had us finish 4th in league instead of the 6th we did finish, which would have made the club the extra £120,000 that we are playing for next Thursday.

That half a reserve side got us a 2-2 draw.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world that we've let them go. Our team does not revolve around them. Walker probably wouldn't even be starting, and I don't recall Aluko being the driving force in any games v. Rangers this season.

That half a reserve side got us a 2-2 draw.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world that we've let them go. Our team does not revolve around them. Walker probably wouldn't even be starting, and I don't recall Aluko being the driving force in any games v. Rangers this season.

Exactly, not worth getting all annoyed about. When you look at what makeshift sides have done this season, mainly against Dundee Utd at home to be fair, it's maybe not a bad thing if it's just a shadow side that's playing.