Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

David Forde

That kinda sucks because that's wales, England and Scotland, considering that Cardiff play in the English leagues it is really crap, if we sign him and he is good well then it's a great rule!!

BTW noticed your post about this in the rumour bit.

Can't say I'm too impressed if this is true, just texted a mate who I thought may have seen him play this season asking if he could remember much about him and his comment was "Yeah I remember him flapping at the cross that we scored from". Its only one game and one persons opinion, but despite having "potential" the guys barely played throughout his career. If we are signing goalies from league one I see Steve Mildenhall is stalling on signing a new contract at Yeovil so also presumably available on a free.

30 games in 5 years? Fuck me. I thought we were trying to improve the squad, not bring in somebody who can only be described as a back up?! JC obviously doesn't have 100% faith in Clangers (and with reason IMO), so why bring in a carbon copy of him?! Distinctly underwhelmed.

See aberdeen journals have been reading the websites too

Aberdeen closing on Cardiff keeper

forde is on his way to pittodrie, say reports

By Michael Gannon

Published: 13/05/2008

ABERDEEN are on the verge of signing Cardiff City goalkeeper David Forde, according to reports in London.

The 28-year-old former West Ham keeper has been on loan at Bournemouth and is also a target for League 1 side Millwall.

Forde almost signed for Dundee United in January but the Arabs were blocked by Fifa rules forbidding players playing for three clubs in one season. Forde had already appeared for Luton Town and Cardiff.

Great journalism  ::)

Im always sceptacle about signing players who dont play that often, there must be a reason behind this!

Seems Cardiff see him as surplus and been punted out on loan this season, meaning just 16 games played.  Just 16 goals conceded though which is decent since on loan to 2 relegated clubs who both wanted to keep him.

Im always sceptacle about signing players who dont play that often, there must be a reason behind this!

Thankfully, this didn't stop us signing Jamie Smith. Although, I'd still rather have a player with a reputation for playing every single game, rather than playing one absolute blinder and then being out for 2 months with injury.

Jamie Smith is phenomenal. But I wish we had him on the park as often as we had the likes of Phil McGuire on the park who, despite not being the most talented footballer, still managed to have something like 70 consecutive starts for the Dons.

Thankfully, this didn't stop us signing Jamie Smith. Although, I'd still rather have a player with a reputation for playing every single game, rather than playing one absolute blinder and then being out for 2 months with injury.

Jamie Smith is phenomenal. But I wish we had him on the park as often as we had the likes of Phil McGuire on the park who, despite not being the most talented footballer, still managed to have something like 70 consecutive starts for the Dons.

I always thought Jamie Smith was a decent player at celtic!

Im hoping we give him a decent chance to get fit of the summer as he is defo a player we miss when he is on form!

Seems Cardiff see him as surplus and been punted out on loan this season, meaning just 16 games played.  Just 16 goals conceded though which is decent since on loan to 2 relegated clubs who both wanted to keep him.

Played behind the Luton defence before the post administration fire-sale, and behind the Bournemouth defence that would not have been relegated were it not for the 10 point deduction. If he comes I'll reserve judgement but can't say I'm inspired by Cardiff's third choice keeper.

Guest Robo

Regular attendee of cardiff city games are we?

Nope, but lad at my work supports Cardiff and he is regular attendee........

Guest Robo

Of course he does, but in the handful of games he did play, he says he was a good goalkeeper. Only let down is the handling of crosses. Saw him play couple of reserve games also......

Next thing you want to try and shoot me down with babe?

Forde would be ‘daft’ to choose Millwall over Aberdeen

By Michael Gannon

Published: 15/05/2008

Former Aberdeen midfielder Peter Nicholas believes goalkeeper David Forde has all the attributes to be a great success at Pittodrie.

The Cardiff City goalkeeper is out of contract at the end of the season and the Dons await an answer from Forde – following the Bluebirds’ FA Cup final against Portsmouth on Saturday.

Nicholas not only rates the keeper highly but also believes the Dons would be the best possible move for Forde.

Nicholas said: “I know he has a few options, including Millwall, but he would be daft to pass up on going to a club such as Aberdeen. It is a fantastic club with a great set-up and the supporters are very passionate. I loved my time at Pittodrie.

“No disrespect to the likes of Millwall, but Aberdeen would be a terrific move for him.

“He would be playing at a very good level and competing for trophies and with the chance of playing in Europe.â€

In 1999, Nicholas, then manager of Welsh Premier League side Barry Town, brought Forde, 28, over from Ireland. Forde later went on to West Ham in a deal which netted the Welsh club £75,000. Although his career has suffered several false starts since, Nicholas is convinced that Forde has the ability to shine at Aberdeen.

Nicholas, who joined Aberdeen in a £350,000 move from Luton Town in 1987 and who is currently manager of Welsh champions Llanelli, recently made his own approach to sign Forde. Nicholas said: “David is a top-class goalkeeper.

“I think he can play at a high level. He has just not had the breaks in the game. He is 6ft 4in, built like a tank, is a good shot-stopper and is very good with the ball at his feet as well.

“I signed him for Barry Town after he was recommended by Stewart Morgan, who has been Harry Redknapp’s chief scout for years. David was fantastic for us.

“He helped us win the league and he played for us in Europe.

“ It was after I had left Barry that David moved to West Ham but I was not surprised, no one was.

“He was young and I think a bit homesick, so he went back home to Galway United and then Derry City. He was the best goalkeeper in Ireland by a mile and Cardiff brought him back to league football.

“It is a shame things have not worked out for him there but I think City have a lot of good goalkeepers. I have seen a lot of him recently and have no doubts he will still make it.

“He played a big part in Bournemouth’s great run at the end of this season when he went there on loan, even though they could not avoid relegation after going into administration.

“I actually made an inquiry to Cardiff about him last week, but was told there were a few clubs after him.â€