Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Apparently we're interested in Keigan Parker

WTF?? When did we start showing interest in Keigan Parker? Apparently, according to a Blackpool supporters website, we're one of the favourites to land the former St Johnstone striker.

I forgot he even existed! Had a quick check to see how he's doing. Soccerbase shows he has scored 34 goals in 96 games for Blackpool. Not a bad tally. But he's hardly set the heather alight for a side that would surely be below Aberdeen's level. and 5'7" is hardly becoming of the "Here Be Giants" team that JC is looking to build.

Guest ally s

I think Parker would be a good signing, he's improved quite a lot as a player since his move from St Johnstone.

I think he would be a good signing for us. Lost his way abit last season not sure if that was down to off field problems but still a very good finisher.  :thumbsup:

My mates a Blackpool st holder will give him a shout see if any truth.

Would have loved to see Lovell stay that would have been a decent pairing.

Guest swaddon

I think he would be a good signing for us. Lost his way a bit last season not sure if that was down to off field problems but still a very good finisher.  :thumbsup:

My mates a Blackpool st holder will give him a shout see if any truth.

Would have loved to see Lovell stay that would have been a decent pairing.

Shagging Jade Goody (allegedly) would be enough to affect anyone's form.

Right, let me word this properly.

My colleague's sister is married to Keigan Parker's brother. She is off today, but I will ask her on Monday if she knows anything.

Not sure his brother actually likes him very much though (and from the stories, I can see why), so the conversation may not have extended to his next move though.

Remember him as being fast but not much else.  Will be 26 next month so should still have that pace but depends on how he has improved down south in his 4 years down there but seems to have spend a large part of his time down there on the bench and last season played 25 games with 11 of those as sub and scored grand total of 0 goals.

My mate just got back to me said he wanted £3500 p/w plus signing on fee for wages. Not good enough for there devision but would have kept him if they got relegated. Has hardly played this season and hasnt scored very lazy and wont tackle but good pace. He also just texted again to say NOT good enough for AFC.

Dont think we need this type of player at Aberdeen on that sort of wages doing nothing. 

My mate just got back to me said he wanted £3500 p/w plus signing on fee for wages. Not good enough for there devision but would have kept him if they got relegated. Has hardly played this season and hasnt scored very lazy and wont tackle but good pace. He also just texted again to say NOT good enough for AFC.

Dont think we need this type of player at Aberdeen on that sort of wages doing nothing.   

Should fit in braw! ::)

Thinking about this and by Calderwoods way of thinking he'd obviously be good to have around the place and be a laugh in the dressing room.

That'll be abody else laughing at him for shagging Jade Goody (allegedly ) and then stalking her (again allegedly ) ;)

Thinking about this and by Calderwoods way of thinking he'd obviously be good to have around the place and be a laugh in the dressing room.

That'll be abody else laughing at him for shagging Jade Goody (allegedly ) and then stalking her (again allegedly ) ;)

You can definetely remove the first 'allegedly'.

• 3 weeks later...

hot on the heals of darren young signing on at dens afc have dodged another bullet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/7421952.stm

Huddersfield agree Parker signing

Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town have agreed to sign Blackpool's Scottish striker Keigan Parker on a free transfer.

The 25-year-old's contract expires at the end of June when he is expected to move to the Galpharm Stadium subject to a medical.

Manager Stan Ternent told the club's website: "He gives us another option up front and he is genuinely quick. He is proven at this level of football.

"We're really pleased to have him here but there are more to come."

Parker joined Blackpool from St Johnstone on a free transfer in 2004 and helped the Seasiders gain promotion to the Championship in 2006/7 by scoring 16 goals.

He rejected the offer of a new contract last autumn after failing to hold on to a regular first-team place.