Soutar Heading Stateside ?

So many average Brits heading over to MLS for money and becoming stars over there, with Kenny Deuchar the latest.  Is their league really that bad?

Have you never seen the highlights? Sare to watch. Beckham looks like he is being dragged down by it as well.

Have you never seen the highlights? Sare to watch. Beckham looks like he is being dragged down by it as well.

Never watched it at all.  Even less likely to watch now it is all Beckham mania!!

A-League's the same - Grant Brebner's no doubt earning a fortune with Melbourne Victory and he's been injured all season. 

It's that bad that Craig Moore and Tony Vidmar Look like accomplished defenders!  At least Beckham can bring a bit o life to the MLS, the only bit o life in the A-League's the beer!!

We've had this debate/argument before - maybe with the exception of Rangers and Celtic I would think most MLS teams would be competitive with the Scottish teams. They have some good players, average players, and some dross, just like the SPL, and you'll see good games and crap ones like we see in Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...
Dundee, meanwhile, are keen on taking Derek Soutar back to Dens Park.

Dark Blues manager Alex Rae is looking to bolster his squad ahead of next season and has targeted the Aber-deen goalkeeper.

With last season’s number one Craig Samson so far not committed to signing Rae is looking at alternatives and will meet Soutar this weekend.

The 26-year-old is out of contract at Pittodrie so is available on a free transfer, although Dundee will have to fight off interest from MLS side Houston Dynamo to secure his services.

Rae said: “I won’t name the players I’m trying to bring here but I am meeting with several over the weekend and hopefully if things go well we’ll be able to tie some business up next week.â€

when I went to see the houston dynamo's it is the one and only time I was ashamed to be scottish.

in the prelude to their games they show the 'freedom' speech from braveheart interspersed with clips of their 'star' players scoring, crosing, winning tackles etc.  Cringeworthy. 

then people stared at me when I didn't stand up for the national anthem, my mate who is also scottish stood up and said to me to do so too.  I swiftly told him to 'get to fuck'. 

Also, they don't know how to insult players there.  Shouts such as "22 - you run like a girl" "hey, 14, you stink" and my personal favourite "you're a sissy" were common place. 

oh, and they were shit.

Is that not because "soccer"  :hammer: Football is a upper/middle class sport over there? Having been to Baseball in the states, they certainly knew how to rip the piss outta the opposition fans and players! I assumed this was more because it was more of a "peoples" sport. I can't remember if I stood for the anthem tho  :-\

Also, they don't know how to insult players there.  Shouts such as "22 - you run like a girl" "hey, 14, you stink" and my personal favourite "you're a sissy" were common place. 

Same at baseball, no ingenuity or even just outright in yer face nasty abuse.

A geezer called Clint Buck came on for the opposition, the best they could muster was "Buck you suck".  ::)