Skip to content

I was always partial to a feast. They've changed the recipe now. No more hard chocolatey bit in the middle. They've opted for a slab of Nutella type stuff.

I was gutted when I first realised this but warming to them now.

Anyone tried them and if so do you prefer this or the old version?

Edited by mondo_notion

Featured Replies

I was never a fan. There’s too much going on

I didn't know a Feast was still a thing. I thought they were rebranded as a Magnum something or other.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mason89 said:

I was never a fan. There’s too much going on

In life or with the ice lolly? Could you find a spare 5 minutes to try one and let me know? Not right this instant of course.

  • Author
53 minutes ago, swaddon said:

I didn't know a Feast was still a thing. I thought they were rebranded as a Magnum something or other.

Nope still on the go but with the changed recipe. Magnums are still on the go too, now in many different varieties and very, very small.

Edited by mondo_notion

Aldi sell there own one called Fiesta, they’re as good as I remember a feast to be.

10 hours ago, mondo_notion said:

In life or with the ice lolly? Could you find a spare 5 minutes to try one and let me know? Not right this instant of course.

In the ice lolly. It’s too showbiz for me. I’ll give it a go but after the Buffalo flavour Hunky Dory debacle, I’ll be keeping my guard up

I always thought an ice-lolly was one that was actually made of ice, rather than ice cream? Was always a fan of the feast but not had one in yonks. Magnums are good (despite the clear size reduction) but we have kāpiti ice creams here which are epic.

17 hours ago, MDred said:

Aldi sell there own one called Fiesta, they’re as good as I remember a feast to be.

Scandalous

Fiesta should only be one of these things

A car made by Ford

A public celebration or religious festival

A 1970's/80's scud mag that had an interesting Reader's Wives section 😉

2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

A 1970's/80's scud mag that had an interesting Readers Wife's section

Said reader must have been very interesting if the editor let his wife write an entire section.

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, they started knocking down Knoxland Church in Dumbarton. We used to play about at the site and in the basement, we found the biggest collection of scud jotters I’ve ever seen. The minister had more stashed there than John Menzies

4 minutes ago, Mason89 said:

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, they started knocking down Knoxland Church in Dumbarton. We used to play about at the site and in the basement, we found the biggest collection of scud jotters I’ve ever seen. The minister had more stashed there than John Menzies

They would have been confiscated from the local deviants, I reckon. Good on the minister for taking this filth out of the community.

On 08/08/2026 at 21:19, mondo_notion said:

Nope still on the go but with the changed recipe. Magnums are still on the go too, now in many different varieties and very, very small.

You sure you're nae buying the Magnum Minis by mistake......or someone is buying them for you in a sneaky attempt to reduce sugar intake and telling you they're the real deal?

I find a mini quite ample if I fancy something of an evening. The normal ones, I would argue, can be a bit too much.

On 11/08/2026 at 04:18, CurlsLikeTattie said:

You sure you're nae buying the Magnum Minis by mistake......or someone is buying them for you in a sneaky attempt to reduce sugar intake and telling you they're the real deal?

I find a mini quite ample if I fancy something of an evening. The normal ones, I would argue, can be a bit too much.

Ah the minis do my head in, it’s almost pointless eating them because they’re so small! Two bites and they’re done 😂

  • Author

Plot twist. Stopped in Tebay services earlier and spotted the freezer stocked with Feasts. Parted with some cash and tucked in on my way up the M6.

Turns out this was the original recipe with the chocolate ice cream filling and the hard chocolatey centre. So they are still on the go.

I've definitely decided that the new recipe is much better as I found my self disappointed with what I had just eaten when finished.

I wonder if these were just leftovers or whether they are going to continue both options. I feel I need to email them for confirmation.

I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Are they still the same size as they used to be, or tinier than a choc ice?

These are my favorites over here. You can keep your Feasts. 😉

318641.avif

  • Author
14 hours ago, swaddon said:

Are they still the same size as they used to be, or tinier than a choc ice?

Seem to be roughly the same size. Maybe a little smaller but if they are, it is not noticeable.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.