Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dan Smith

Clubs on trail of former Don Dan

Published: 25/04/2008

FORMER Dons defender Dan Smith is being tracked by FIVE English clubs, writes Andrew Moir.

The left-back parted company with Aberdeen earlier this month and is now ready to revive his career south of the border.

Lincoln, Port Vale, Swindon, Carlisle and Yeovil Town are all tracking the former Sunderland defender who moved north from the Stadium of Light in August 2006.

“It’s encouraging that a few clubs are showing an interest in me not long after leaving Aberdeen,†said Smith.

“I’m discussing possible contracts with Lincoln and Port Vale while the other clubs are just interested at this stage.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Aberdeen as the fans were so good.

“It is just disappointing I didn’t play more games.

“Jimmy Calderwood was really keen on me before I signed and I thought I would be more involved than I was.

“But that can happen and I’m just looking to the future.â€

Yeovil still interested in him? Surely they'd have made an offer by now he's been there on trial nearly every transfer window since he signed.

Surprised Yeovil would touch anything from Aberdeen after taking Gary Dempsey off our hands  8)