Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Millers consistency

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1296592,00.html

Personally' date=' I'm pleased with the way I've played over the season, I've been pretty consistent, my form's been not too bad. Scoring goals helps, it keeps the confidence up, but just playing a lot of games is the big thing. That's been the difference for me to be fair, being out there week after week. That helps you reach a level and stay there, so I'm happy enough with the way things have gone.[/quote']

Now am I the only person that thinks his consistency has been crap? Scored 11 goals in 46 appearances this season and most of them were in the league around Christmas time.

The only thing he consistently does is fall over at the slightest hint of a challenge.

Thought he was coming on to a game, finally, in last dozen+ games. Set up both goals really well v. tic in the cup, with his feet, but was proving to be a good target in the air mainly, but no-one around him had the intelligence to run off him.

Easy to think his form improved as his contract was expiring though. Nae convinced.

I think if we combined Miller with a fit Jamie Smith next year that would be a great partnership.

GD, do you see a flaw in that plan?  :doh:

But I agree if he had balls played into him that suited his skills better, he would score more goals.

Cos he hasnt been consistent, and he claims he has been.......

He has consistently been one of our top performers in any game we have played....

i.e. after most games it was a case of "i thought Zander, Nicholson and Miller played quite well"

Does this mean much though considering how shite it has been?! I do think that Miller has done well for us this season but would like to see us play to his strengths and then he'd score more. Having said that a bit of determination and he'd have scored on Saturday.....

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1296592,00.html

Now am I the only person that thinks his consistency has been crap? Scored 11 goals in 46 appearances this season and most of them were in the league around Christmas time.

The only thing he consistently does is fall over at the slightest hint of a challenge.

Feel that Miller was a disgrace his performance's until Brewster left and then for 2 months his performance was excellent. After that apart from TV games his effort and Performance has been back to terrible. Really don't give a shit if he signs or not - no doubting his ability but he is one that i question if he is giving 100% and sadly i don't think he is.

Up until October this season Miller was pish. Then he was not offered a contract and he suddenly starts scoring and playing well. End of December gets offered a contract and goals dry up again. Coincidence I think not. Also do not like the way he falls over everytime he is challanged for the ball. Refs are on to this and now he is getting nothing even when he is fouled.

Lastly does not score enough goals for the money we pay him. Even Colin Pish at Killie/Hibs has managed more.

Before even opening this thread I thought the subject title should have been inconsistency, and found it laughable that Miller thinks he has been consistent unless he is referring to his pathetic attempts at diving.

Jute's contract theory makes total sense and I agree with Milners...

Really don't give a shit if he signs or not - no doubting his ability but he is one that i question if he is giving 100% and sadly i don't think he is.

... and sadly too Miller is not alone in the not giving 100% category, far from it.

I'm still to be convinced that a decent striker alongside Miller would really pay off.  Mackie/Maguire keep getting pelters for "not being intelligent enough" but flick-ons, by and large, could land at any of the 3/4/5 defenders feet before his strike partner.  No matter how good that partner is or how well he's positioned himself.

I'd prefer if the two strikers were linking up and playing off each other on the deck.  High ball to Miller, he brings it down, plays a.n.other through or 1-2-1.......back of the net!

And for someone who keeps being pointed out as winning his fair share of headers; where is he during corner kicks?  ???

Guest bloo_toon_red

Scored 11 goals in 46 appearances this season and most of them were in the league around

I prefer 3 in his last 25...

I take all the points about playing with Jamie Smith and for the record I agree, but as the saying goes ye can only pish with the cock ye've got (ie, Smith is never fit to play with him) and the history books wont take account of all these hard luck stories.  If he's not getting the service then he needs to pull his finger out and work at creating chances for himself.  Aberdeen changed the way that they play when they signed Miller & Brewster and the upshot of that has been the inconsistency we've seen this season, and a by-product of that is binning the best centre-forward (in terms of goals to games) we have at the club.  Now say what you will about Lovell missing chances, but he has the positional awareness to get into positions to get the chances in the first place, whereas Miller does not.

I like Miller as a player, but if the objective is to score goals, I'd choose Lovell every day of the week.