Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Is it too late to apply for next seasons intertoto cup? At the minute it's between Hibs and Falkirk for Scotlands entrant, and I'm sure on the back of this years UEFA Cup performance we'd get in. In my opinion, having European football every season is very important, and add to that the possibility of getting back into the UEFA Cup, I'd say it was a good idea.

Probably, but could we not argue that given our recent exploits in the UEFA Cup, and our higher coefficient, that we'd be a better representative.

I've heard elsewhere that our entrant plays Torshavn or Elfsborg, then goes on to play the winner of the Latvia/Israel vs Wales/Republic of Ireland ties for the UEFA Cup spot. Almost guaranteed entry there.

Probably, but could we not argue that given our recent exploits in the UEFA Cup, and our higher coefficient, that we'd be a better representative.

They give it out based on league positions tho so we'd be donald ducked regardless of how much more deserving we think we'd be.

I'd have liked to have seen us apply but I'm not in the least bit surprised that Jimmy thought otherwise.

I've heard elsewhere that our entrant plays Torshavn or Elfsborg, then goes on to play the winner of the Latvia/Israel vs Wales/Republic of Ireland ties for the UEFA Cup spot. Almost guaranteed entry there.

Seems ridiculous if that is true that we didn't put our names forward. Hibs will likely win the place anyway (unless they finish 3rd somehow) and JC will say that the players won't get a proper break, more games, risk of injuries, fade toward the end of the season etc etc

Obviously pre-seasons in Holland, Egypt and Ireland don't have any of these problems.....

Depends on if we could get tv interested in any of the games and level of crowds we would get. Also would depend on how far we got. If we went out whilst in inter toto then would probably lose cash however if were to get to first round proper would probably make money. Suppose thats the gamble you take on entering.

Personally I would have liked the Dons to enter as its a route to Uefa and possibility of making group stages again.

Do you not have to play 6 games just to get to Uefa first round?

8 games.  Get through the intertoto you go into the 2nd qualifying round of the uefa.  I reckon no europe next season definitely has its advantages.  Less pressure on what will be a re-vamped squad.  As much as the extra revenue would be a bonus i personally see a strong league finish and cup final as my priority for next season.  Europe has given us some great highs this season but i cant help but feel its helped paper over the cracks a bit too. 

To be perfectly honest, as much as I enjoyed europe this season (and I did!) I very much doubt I could affort to be in Europe next season!

So, i'd like to personally thank everyone at the club for fucking up the end of the season so that financially, I have a year to recover ready for a european adventure 09/10. Canna wait!

Yup, too late.

Draw has been made too, so Hibs (probably) will have to play a team from Sweden or the Faroes before having to play a team from Latvia, Israel, Wales or Ireland.

Then they can get horsed by Dnipro.

When was this drawn Chimp ???

When was this drawn Chimp ???

actually scrap that just looked up the official site and the draw is there, was made a couple of days ago. scotland representatives will play their first game on the weekend of 5th/6th July.

Fucking good job we're nae entered on account of a) Jimmy will still be in Majorca and b) we'll nae have a squad by that point as we'll be scrambling about in Europe's bargain basement still searching for players.