Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

SPL Table Without the OF

Does not include any results or games involving, against or otherwise with Rangers and Celtic.

Aberdeen 27 17 6 4 44 23 21 57

Hearts 27 14 8 5 36 22 14 50

Kilmarnock 27 13 6 8 38 33 5 45

Hibernian 27 11 7 9 44 26 18 40

Falkirk 27 10 4 13 37 34 3 34

Dundee United 27 9 7 11 32 39 -7 34

Motherwell 27 10 4 13 31 41 -10 34

Inverness CT 27 6 10 11 34 37 -7 28

St Mirren 27 5 11 11 19 32 -13 26

Dunfermline Athletic 27 5 7 15 16 40 -24 22

We've only lost 2 games this season against teams who aren't Rangers, Celtic or Dundee Utd. Not too bad I guess.

Statistics and miniskirts, eh?!

Wouldn't it be cool being Dunfermline? Only losing two games throughout the whole season against every single club except Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherw....

We see this statistic appearing every season in recent times. Sad thing is, this doesn't mean jackshit because, unfortunately for us, this league contains Rangers and Celtic ... the two teams who we have failed to get any change from this season. If we'd managed to raise our game against these two teams like we did last term, then we might not be trying our best to brush Hearts off our shoulders. Indeed, we'd be looking far far towards the horizon and seeing a feint maroon glow way far back in 4th place!

Hey, we could even still be sitting proudly in SECOND!!

the old firm are in the spl, deal with it and challenge them.

Yes. We can compete with two "teams" riding on over 100 years of bigot-fuelled support (no way will we ever have 50000 season tickets or foreign "appeal" because we dont have their "historical" fan base; when did you ever hear someone proudly proclaim they were "Aberdeen-minded"?) that can buy the league year on year.

Remind me again how much the current evil empire spent to "build" their teams and how much we've spent?

I'd rather win the league and compete with them sure, but not at the cost of my soul!

Guest RedRichard

indeed, but in spite of their money and fanbase, we were probably only 2/3 players away from challenging the huns for 2nd this season.

money talks, but it doesn't always reap the benefits that are expected.

indeed, but in spite of their money and fanbase, we were probably only 2/3 players away from challenging the huns for 2nd this season.

I would hazard a guess that we are a good 5/6 players short of challenging the huns for second.

I would hazard a guess that we are a good 5/6 players short of challenging the huns for second.

Plus a couple of referees?

Look,

We need to take the positives from this year.  We are in the driver's seat for Europe; it's our's to lose but also ours for the taking, 3 points this weekend and it's all but done.

Moreso, even the Huns I am forced to watch games with are saying that if they don't win this weekend against the Tims, they could be playing us for the CL spot on the last game of the season and that scares them.  Granted they also say that if they didn't have to deal with the PLuG, they'd be running away with the league.

::) both sides of the fence or what?

Granted they also say that if they didn't have to deal with the PLuG, they'd be running away with the league.

"Didn't have to deal with Paul Le Guen"??! They seem to think that the title is theirs by right!

Granted if we didn't have to deal with likes of Alex Miller, then we'd be winning titles again too! Fact is, we've got to live with it. No league is anyones by right. They have to take gambles to have a chance of winning ... unless you're Dunfermline, in which case you just take all the has-beens of the SPL and put them together to create the most boring product in Scottish Football.

But if I remember rightly, there were a number of managers prior to PLuG who fucked things up at Ibrox. Infact, every manager who's been incharge at Ibrox since Walter Smith left has fucked things up. If it's not fielding an entirely foreign team, it's fielding a team of "up and coming local nobodies who cannae even get a game for Airdrie (and they dinnae exist anymore!). Or if it's not bowing out to complete minnows of European football such as Viktoria Zizkov, it's blowing £12million on a big galoot of a player like Tore Andre Flo who scored a few goals at Chelsea cos he was receiving service from one of the best midfields in the world. The huns have VERY short memories if they think every fault is down to PLuG. Mind you, there's quite a high number of huns who actually bear an uncanny resemblence to Plug

plug.jpg