Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Almost two years ago to the day was the last time we got a result at Easter Road. Been a coupe of horrendous games since then and we've not actually beaten them since that same season. Hibs managed to hibs it in true hibs fashion and ended up bottom six when they should have been in the top half. Would like to try and finish the season on a high, so ideally we put them to the sword but i'm not really sure that's going to happen.

I've not actually watched us in the last few weeks, so i've no idea how we're playing (apart from not being able to be relegated). Doesn't sound like we're playing badly, but not great at the same time. 

Out

Bed

Bed

Doing mothers' day stuff with the wife.

1-1, Miovski

Spoonburners I have spoken to would like to see us win on Sunday as they want shot of Montgomery. We are safe now so only really got the unbeaten run to play for. Would expect Shinnie to come in for Polvara to be the only change. £34 for this game is a joke and if it wasn’t being played in my back garden would not be going. 

In

beers in flat then 2 minute walk to ground

Away end

2 minute walk back to the flat

2-0 Miovski and Barron

Absolutely massive game, and I'd expect the winner of this one to go on and win the coveted bottom six trophy. A draw would set up a fairly intense final day, with the helicopter hovering over Tayside awaiting the results.

• Haha 3

On 09/05/2024 at 09:59, RicoS321 said:

Absolutely massive game, and I'd expect the winner of this one to go on and win the coveted bottom six trophy. A draw would set up a fairly intense final day, with the helicopter hovering over Tayside awaiting the results.

Whatever the result we should be delighted we've made it this far #glorydays

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fair play to anyone going to this. £34 for a ticket is taking the piss. I hope we’re not charging Livi fans that on Wednesday.

This is being shown on hibs PPV so might get a stream going.

Edited by STFU_Donny

Posted (edited)

Lovely finish that by Clarkson.

Hoilett, even though he'll be 34 next season, surely worth a contract. He's getting better and better the more games he plays.

Edit: As soon as I say that Hoilett cuts inside and thumps an awful cross wide. I've jinxed him now. Was good while it lasted.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

Lovely finish that by Clarkson.

Hoilett, even though he'll be 34 next season, surely worth a contract. He's getting better and better the more games he plays.

Edit: As soon as I say that Hoilett cuts inside and thumps an awful cross wide. I've jinxed him now. Was good while it lasted.

Apology from Hoilett in the form of an assist.  2-0 Polvara

Yup good game. First 15 mins hibs were better but after that all us and could have been more if we were ruthless. Saying that, hibs did miss a chance or two. Keep in mind last two 1-0 wins could easily have been 4 had we taken our chances, so I wasn’t totally surprised today. Thought Barron was good although he still gave us his once a game caught in possession counter. Is Boyd the Barron replacement?? Mackenzie has surely locked himself in as our permanent left back, another good performance. Clarkson had some quality passes, and from the last few games I’m hoping 3 at the back becomes a distant memory.

agree hoilett could get another year, has played well and definitely contributed over the last month. He’s given us much needed width and creativity.  The fourth goal shows what duk can do with a brain. Hope he’s like Ronaldo who eventually learned decision making.

would love to hear some signing targets. Positive results these days and finishing the best we can, can we please start the rumors!?!?

• Like 2

What a result. Quality finishes and chuffed for Boyd. Truly an impressive result, were hibs tired / not arsed?

Great to see the whole team pushing for next season, so hopefully has given the new management team a glimpse of what they could do. Hoilett for another season please. Hasn't set a foot wrong imo and the only positive thing that Warnock did for us (apart from leaving).

3 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Looking like we’re a better team without Shinnie. 

But are we?

Would we have played any worse today with Shinnie on the park for the first 67 minutes, considering I don't think the performance dropped when he did come on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Looking like we’re a better team without Shinnie. 

Don’t think so. Hibs after 15 mins were poor and gave our midfield so much time and space. I actually don’t think Barron and clarkson are a great midfield, and shinnie clarkson and a new player, with polvara as back up will be what we have next season.

thought polvara had another decent game, the goal doing his confidence wonders. Actually think resting Shinnie and giving polvara time right now isnt a bad idea. Gives polvara good minutes to get better. Robson ran shinnie to death, not playing him every minute right now isn’t a big deal.

• Like 1

Highlights from yesterday

Prior to the first goal Hibs were probably the better team but once we scored they collapsed. Best Clarkson has played in a while. Barron and McKenzie also excellent. Agree with Orlando’s comments on Shinnie. He was definitely suffering from being played to much earlier in the season. 

What's really great to see is the competition for places in the squad really heating up, with everyone desperate to play. To the extent that Duk even tries to murder the young lad who could potentially take his place as first sub.

• Haha 4