Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

One more win to seal our safety (mathematically) I think? It’s not going to be a pretty game, this fixture never is. Shinnie is available for this one so will be interested to see if he comes straight back in or we stick. 

Out

bed

bed

family time

1-0, duk

Guessing Shinnie for Polvara is likely to be the only change for us. St Johnstone will be desperate for points to get away from play off place and beat us at Pittodrie last visit so might not sit in like the usual Craig Levein coached team which might suit us. 

oot

Flat

local game 

pub

1-0 Miovski. 

Probably oot,working til after lunch

Saints have lost 4 of their last 5,pretty poor for a team scrapping for survival.Should have enough about us if we avoid being as dull as first half v Motherwell

Prediction - 3 - 1 Dons, Duk hat-trick

16 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Should have stuck with Warnock. Young lads can't hack it.

Absolutely min, the youngsters are responsible for all the world's current ills 😉

• Like 1

Played well at times, but partly because st johnstone were absolutely shit. Much like last week, we missed chances and should have scored 3 or 4, poor finishing. St Johnstone had a couple of chances too but better team win.

officially survived this season, 10 ahead of second bottom with 3 games to play.

38 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

officially survived this season, 10 ahead of second bottom with 3 games to play

We're on course to become bottom six champions. Next week is massive for everyone involved at the club.

A fairly tired performance today, a real lack of sharpness all over, but we were fairly comfortable against a shite team. Another clean sheet too, but it's difficult to tell if it was confident defending or just zero threat from the opposition. I suspect the latter, as Devlin and MacDonald both made stupid decisions at times, with Barron and Clarkson giving the ball away in positions they shouldn't too. A real lack of balance in the team, as there has been all season. That trio of McGrath, Clarkson and Barron just too similar. With Polvara just an average midfielder also. Anyway, a much needed three points. 

2 minutes ago, manc_don said:

What an absolute disaster of a season.

Mad thing is, if you told us before the campaign we'd beat Frankfurt, win at Ibrox, get to Hampden three times including a cup final, take Celtic to a penalty shoot-out, and Miovski would score 25 goals, we'd be thinking we're in for a no-bad season.

I guess the old question of "would you accept bottom six but make a cup final" has been answered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

We're on course to become bottom six champions. Next week is massive for everyone involved at the club.

A fairly tired performance today, a real lack of sharpness all over, but we were fairly comfortable against a shite team. Another clean sheet too, but it's difficult to tell if it was confident defending or just zero threat from the opposition. I suspect the latter, as Devlin and MacDonald both made stupid decisions at times, with Barron and Clarkson giving the ball away in positions they shouldn't too. A real lack of balance in the team, as there has been all season. That trio of McGrath, Clarkson and Barron just too similar. With Polvara just an average midfielder also. Anyway, a much needed three points. 

I thought we looked quite energetic, but at the same time, I was stunned how bad st Johnstone were. Much like the Motherwell game, so wasteful in front of goal that we kept them in the game.

weve talked about players from other teams as targets, the pacy boy up top for st Johnstone has looked decent the last couple of times we’ve played them. Duk replacement if he moves on? Would rather have him than gueye too. Didn’t see anything to suggest motiv is the keeper we should be targeting this summer.

34 minutes ago, Panda said:

Mad thing is, if you told us before the campaign we'd beat Frankfurt, win at Ibrox, get to Hampden three times including a cup final, take Celtic to a penalty shoot-out, and Miovski would score 25 goals, we'd be thinking we're in for a no-bad season.

I guess the old question of "would you accept bottom six but make a cup final" has been answered.

To be honest, I don’t give a fuck about cup finals if we don’t win them. A trophy makes up for a poor league season but just making the final or being plucky semi losers means nothing. 
it’s been a horrible season, league position and failure to qualify for Europe, but Robson has taken the passing game and fucked us royalty. We were an awful watch for most of the season. We were a piss poor long ball 3-5-2 team. In recent weeks we’ve gone 442 or 4231, but 4 at the back has helped significantly, part of that being what Macdonald brings us. We’re also a much better possession/passing team in recent games, and are creating chances again.

what’s interesting is thelin and the reputation he brings. In recent week we’ve had success with short passing/possession game, not so much what I hear thelin’s team does. Still, you coach with the squad you build, intrigued for the future.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I think it’s because to be in the bottom six generally means we are not performing to the standard expected for most of the season. 
It’s also not like we had any groundbreaking results to get to the final. We edged Hibs in the semi, who have performed as badly as us this season.