Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Well

Would be very surprised if we see the same level of performance this weekend as we did the last. But it’s proven we still have the ability. Is shinnie out for this one too? Be interesting if Leven opts for the same starting XI or brings Sokler into the fray a bit more.

We were the last team to beat them, and we’ve not lost to them at pittodrie since early last season. So we should be relatively confident against them. 

out

bed

bed

day with the kids and hopefully nursing a hangover if the nix win the league 

2-1 dons, Miovski and Sokler

Hopefully Saturday gained us a bit more confidence in what we're capable of ,potential to seal our fate this week end too...

In

Pre - Greenhouse

Post - Sunny Moray

Prediction - 3 - 1 Dons Miovski x3

Edited by Elgindon

I wouldn't say we missed Shinnie v Celtic, but have read some nonsense about the game proving we're a better team without him in it.

If Shinnie plays and Barron and Clarkson play to the level they did v Celtic, Motherwell won't be able to live with us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I wouldn't say we missed Shinnie v Celtic, but have read some nonsense about the game proving we're a better team without him in it.

If Shinnie plays and Barron and Clarkson play to the level they did v Celtic, Motherwell won't be able to live with us.

Agreed. It's the usual pish, people get it in their heads that "his legs have gone" or some other shite, and then apply conformation bias to their view, ignoring all other evidence to the contrary. Polvara did okay in the first half against the Tims, but his overall coverage isn't great, neither his stamina. That second half passed him by, and it was then that we needed Shinnie's presence to do the hard work. He's easily got another season in him before any chat about legs going and the tired, clichéd pish needs to get rolled out. Also, we've seen plenty of instances where Shinnie and Barron have played well together, so there's no issue with the balance of the midfield. It really just does depend on those two turning up and playing well. More importantly, not throwing away ridiculous goals at the back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Agreed. It's the usual pish, people get it in their heads that "his legs have gone" or some other shite, and then apply conformation bias to their view, ignoring all other evidence to the contrary. Polvara did okay in the first half against the Tims, but his overall coverage isn't great, neither his stamina. That second half passed him by, and it was then that we needed Shinnie's presence to do the hard work. He's easily got another season in him before any chat about legs going and the tired, clichéd pish needs to get rolled out. Also, we've seen plenty of instances where Shinnie and Barron have played well together, so there's no issue with the balance of the midfield. It really just does depend on those two turning up and playing well. More importantly, not throwing away ridiculous goals at the back.

If polvara could just inject a wee bit more aggression into his game I think he could be some player.  

As for Shinnie?  I think there's a fair chance he will adapt reasonably well to losing pace.  You could see him playing a holding midfielder role where he doesn't have to move much quite successfully.  Win the ball, move it on, jobs a good un. I'm not saying that will defo be for us as I'm far from convinced Thelin is going to be too interested in holding midfielders but he could play top flight football in Scotland for a few seasons yet. 

I think we will get a really good performance at the weekend, the weekends performance gave the team it's mojo back and they are clearly enjoying playing for Leven.  

4-0 dons Miovski, sokler, Duk and Gartenmann

• Like 1

Pretty sure Shinnie will be suspended for this one which means Polvara in the middle. Think he struggles in games where teams don’t give him time and space in midfield. Motherwell definitely won’t do that. Not sure who else we can play there as not a fan of Phillips either and Duncan is not a central midfielder. Just need to win this and get season over with so I can concentrate on build up to Euros.

In

Bus then pub

Y

Bus back to capital

2-0 Miovski and Sokler 

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Pretty sure Shinnie will be suspended for this one which means Polvara in the middle. Think he struggles in games where teams don’t give him time and space in midfield. Motherwell definitely won’t do that. Not sure who else we can play there as not a fan of Phillips either and Duncan is not a central midfielder. Just need to win this and get season over with so I can concentrate on build up to Euros.

In

Bus then pub

Y

Bus back to capital

2-0 Miovski and Sokler 

I disagree regarding the space comment, although there’s a very good chance you’ll have seen him play more than me. Polvara is very skilled, has lovely touches, think he’s good in limited space. He’s not physical enough though, I’d agree if that’s what you mean. Not combative/a battler. He’s a lightweight Rama (more skilled) but playing in the heavy weight division. As has been mentioned, if he was more physical/aggressive and more imposing he could be very good, but he’s a typical American player, lacks the ‘Scottish’ qualities.

think we’ll play well tomorrow….ha…..

3-1 us, bojan, clarkson, McGrath

Shit so far. Zero attacking threat. Horrible team for miovski to play in. Hoillet has no pace and McGrath is no right mid, both poor which really hurts the attack. Duk at least gives more attacking threat, he’ll bring something second half. Zero shots on or off target. No sure their keeper has touched the ball so far.

very little from clarkson and Barron, I really think it needs to be one of them with shinnie and a Rama type. Polvara is the best of the center mids so far, tidy touches.

Red won us the game but we still looked pretty shit. Dominated when they went to 10 but we pretty much fucked up some really good chances to add to our lead, plus gave Motherwell more of the ball than we should. Still, three points and another shutout.

46 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Red won us the game but we still looked pretty shit. 

Very harsh. Red certainly helped us, but think the switch of Duk on for Barron was a big factor too. Gave us good width, Hoilett & Duk terrorised them in the second half, and we should have finished off far more than the one chance that we did. A 4-0 win wouldn't have flattered us.

Not much to say about that. Not a great watch. Motherwell came to frustrate, sit in and try and hit us on the break. We take the 3 points and move on. 

My score prediction was way off but I did get Livi beating County right. 

A frustrating first half where Motherwell showed how to move the ball up the park far quicker and more effectively than us,only poor play nearer goal stopped them going in front.Was annoying watching us pussyfooting about from side to side,where not enough players seemed to know how or where to be available, to get things moving forward.

Better second half though,and a win was the main thing. Results went our way too. Looking forward to a break from this season when it comes...

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Victory next saturday and we are safe regardless of what  happens in the remaining rounds of fixtures after that.

That's the positive to take from today for me 😉

Don't want to piss on your chips but, nae quite...County can get to 42 points, a win next week would take us to 41.  So, basically -  Don't tempt fate!

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Victory next saturday and we are safe regardless of what  happens in the remaining rounds of fixtures after that.

That's the positive to take from today for me 😉

Absolutely agree, the result was important today, hopefully takes some of the pressure off and we can just try and enjoy the last 4 meaningless games. 

Call me an optimist but I just can’t see Ross County and St Johnstone both picking up 3 wins in the 4 remaining games. 

Not a great game but we got the result we needed. At the time thought the red was harsh but having seen it back it was deserved as foot was high. Some of the chances we missed at the end have to be seen to be believed. 

4 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Don't want to piss on your chips but, nae quite...County can get to 42 points, a win next week would take us to 41.  So, basically -  Don't tempt fate!C

Correct about County BUT as I said win next week we go onto 41 points and St Johnstone can thereafter only get to forty points meaning we ARE safe 😉

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Correct about County BUT as I said win next week we go onto 41 points and St Johnstone can thereafter only get to forty points meaning we ARE safe 😉

Ahhh...didn't take into account St J...enjoy your piss-free chips!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Panda said:

Very harsh. Red certainly helped us, but think the switch of Duk on for Barron was a big factor too. Gave us good width, Hoilett & Duk terrorised them in the second half, and we should have finished off far more than the one chance that we did. A 4-0 win wouldn't have flattered us.

I don’t think so, a half decent team smashes 10 man Motherwell today. I’d argue Motherwell looked the better team up until the red. They collapsed a little after that but we showed a real lack of quality. You say duk terrorized them, I say he was typical duk, dribble until he loses it and waste possession. He had a couple of decent runs but it’s the end product that matters. It could easily have been 4 or 5 but we did an excellent job of royally fucking up chances, plus I still thought we gave Motherwell too much time and space. Right up until the end I was worried our inability to get a second would cost us and they’d equalize.

still, a win is a win and 3 points closer to guaranteed safety.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

You say duk terrorized them, I say he was typical duk, dribble until he loses it and waste possession. He had a couple of decent runs but it’s the end product that matters.

He wasn't losing possession that much though (I'll check the stats properly later). Usually he was either getting shots off (granted, should have been more clinical), winning corners (we had 16, we scored from one of them) or was drawing defenders out of position then passing to Devlin in space to put in a cross unmarked (although Devlin wasted many of them). 

All this playing in an unfamiliar position as he's not really been played on the right much.

DUK v Motherwell

Minutes played: 29 

Shots on target: 50%

Accurate passes: 67%

Successful dribbles: 43%

Losses own half: None

Recoveries opposition half: 100%

Offensive duels won: 50%

Touches in penalty area: 7

Progressive runs: 4

Accurate through balls: 100%

Passes to final third: 100%

Accurate forward passes: 100%

Back passes: 100%

A warrior. I will not hear criticism of him this weekend or even this year.

• Like 1