Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs tractor saints

Saints aren’t on a great run of form either but a win would see them level with us on points. Mental that were at this point tbh. We haven’t lost to them in 2 years but the last two games have been draws and I’d be surprised if that run changed. That said, given our current shit show, who knows. 

we just need 3 points. If top 6 is even something to mutter, we need this.

out

bed

bed

weather dependent

1-1, miovski

A lot of massively over the top knee jerk reactions on here as usual to how things have been going under Warnock.  Give the guy a chance.  He just got off the flight before the Rangers match so it's hard to even count that one.  Since then it's been W-D-D-L, hardly a crisis but the guy does not have a magic wand either.  I totally agree with his comments at the weekend, we do have a team full of fannies that need to get stuck in and win the battle.  Against Levein's St Johnstone it is sure to be another physical encounter which is something you need to be able to cope with in this league and always has been.  Being 5 points off second bottom means playing pretty football is not an option, we need points any way we can and I can see this being the night we get them.

2-0 Gartenmann, Duk

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

A lot of massively over the top knee jerk reactions on here as usual to how things have been going under Warnock.  Give the guy a chance.  He just got off the flight before the Rangers match so it's hard to even count that one.  Since then it's been W-D-D-L, hardly a crisis but the guy does not have a magic wand either.  I totally agree with his comments at the weekend, we do have a team full of fannies that need to get stuck in and win the battle.  Against Levein's St Johnstone it is sure to be another physical encounter which is something you need to be able to cope with in this league and always has been.  Being 5 points off second bottom means playing pretty football is not an option, we need points any way we can and I can see this being the night we get them.

2-0 Gartenmann, Duk

We neither have the option to not give Warnock a chance, nor the time to give him a chance. The entire point in Warnock is the immediate reaction, that's what he does. That's what Robson did last season. If we don't get the bounce, then we have nothing with Warnock, as he very much said himself with his "not my type of team" comment. 

The way we beat St Johnstone is by being better at football than them. Moving the ball quickly, getting it through the midfield quickly, drawing them out and dragging them around. In other words, avoid the majority of the physical battle, apart from in the one or two areas that those things matter, where we've got enough between Shinnie, Devlin, MacKenzie, Gartenmann that we can be aggressive in winning the ball back. It's about not playing to the strengths of a more physical team by fucking about with long throws, long punts, free kicks punted into the box from our own half and running away from the goalie with your back to him so he's got nobody to release. The exact opposite of the Kilmarnock game. If Warnock's experience doesn't lead him towards a different way of winning football games, then he's clearly not good enough, and his comments were bordering on unforgivable. 

We're missing the presence of Rubezic a lot more than expected it has to be said. Is there any suggestion as to when he might return?

• Like 2

As poor as we have been, surely even we can't fail to gain enough points from what is a very favourable run in to the split.

St Johnstone (home)

St Mirren (away)

Dundee (away)

Motherwell (away)

Ross County (home)

Livingston (away)

Dundee (home)

Even being pessimistic I'd still expect a minimum of 15 points from that which may be enough to make the top six.

There is simply no excuse in losing to this St Johnstone team. If Warnock can't even win this then sack him tomorrow and give it to Kris Boyd just to really mess with us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well that first half was a treat. Can’t fault shinnie and certainly cannot really fault Jensen for the penalty. 
Midfield as a whole pish, Hayes and Milne offer very little going forward, very little from Barron McGrath and clarkson. We have to dominate in midfield to win games and despite 6 midfielders it’s another poor effort.

20 hours ago, Panda said:

As poor as we have been, surely even we can't fail to gain enough points from what is a very favourable run in to the split.

St Johnstone (home)

St Mirren (away)

Dundee (away)

Motherwell (away)

Ross County (home)

Livingston (away)

Dundee (home)

Even being pessimistic I'd still expect a minimum of 15 points from that which may be enough to make the top six.

There is simply no excuse in losing to this St Johnstone team. If Warnock can't even win this then sack him tomorrow and give it to Kris Boyd just to really mess with us.

I thought you were extremely optimistic before tonight, now I’m wondering if 1.5 is more realistic. 
hard to see where any points come from, form is worst in the league I’d assume??

We didnt lose because Saints parked the bus.They were much brighter going forward compared to our laborious build up.Think our issues are as much a personnel problem than managerial.Clarkson needs dropped,nae sure why Jonny was on the pitch.Not much we can change defence wise.

Looks a bit twitchy arse til the end of the season unless Warnock pulls something out the bag.....

Hard to believe where were at after the optimism at the start of the season...

Edited by Elgindon

That was a fucking disgrace tonight. Once again the clueless fud dicks about with the formation and approach (I'm assuming he recently watched the "the one where Barry plays Milne at right wing back" video and thought that that'd be the repeat mistake he'd go for tonight). After hanging our only striker out to dry at the weekend, he decides a back three should be a laugh to raise the confidence of those lads. Congest our midfield? Why not. Pass marks for Shinnie tonight, the rest were, to a man, absolutely dogshite. We're regressing at a phenomenal pace. As @wee toon red says, this is Butcheresque. We're in serious danger here. We have to pull the trigger on the manager. I'll drive the cunt to the station (and by that, I mean into the sea).