Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Bojan vs Duk

7 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Either last season was as good as he is capable of, or Barry Robson

Robson got the best out of him last season, I wouldn't blame him.

One player came back having developed muscle and strength, the other developed fat. The physical difference in Bojan this season is phenomenal, not just in upper body, but his sprint over 20-30 metres is twice what it was last season. Duk did nothing and arrived back overweight. That's not necessarily a criticism of Duk, there are a million different things that human beings have to cope with in life, and I'm sure being away from home can effect different people in different ways. However, the fact remains that effort seems to be the deciding factor here (although I always thought Bojan was by far the better player).

I wondered if he thought he was getting a move on the back of last season and has taken a hump as well as all the pies. He was certainly fat and I think Rico’s last sentence pretty much nails it. Bojan is and always will be, the better player. Had hoped he’d find the spark again but neither he nor Robson seemed to be able to find it.

57 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I reckon we’re going to get a hefty transfer fee for Miovski in the summer - Warnock raising his profile is only going to help. 

I think we'll get a hefty fee regardless of what Warnock says. There's no way the sort of club who are looking at Miovski are relying on what a manager says. In fact, I don't actually know what "Warnock raising his profile" actually involves or means. I think that takes away from the excellent job the club have done to date on scouting the player, hugely improving him and signing him on a lengthy contract. Plus the obvious work the player has done himself. Those are the things that will have already put him on the radar of many clubs. That's not to say Warnock won't get even more out of him before the summer of course. I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I think we'll get a hefty fee regardless of what Warnock says. There's no way the sort of club who are looking at Miovski are relying on what a manager says. In fact, I don't actually know what "Warnock raising his profile" actually involves or means. I think that takes away from the excellent job the club have done to date on scouting the player, hugely improving him and signing him on a lengthy contract. Plus the obvious work the player has done himself. Those are the things that will have already put him on the radar of many clubs. That's not to say Warnock won't get even more out of him before the summer of course. I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Really? Excellent job of us scouting miovski? So what happened with morris, Richardson, or dadia, markanday, Roberts, myslovic, gueye etc. and probably a few more…. For all we know our scouting could be sitting in a boozer talking to fans or playing championship manager. You hit on endless hot chicks and eventually one will say yes!!

as for warnock adding to his value, I think there’s something there. He’s a very well known and well liked guy with tons of contacts/connections who may easily get a call about this miovski lad on his team. Alternatively, he may give some premiership buddy a call about bojan, you never know. Robson wasn’t in his league when it comes to the footballing fraternity.

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

You hit on endless hot chicks and eventually one will say yes!!

Which is far more exciting than our previous tactic of waiting for borderline boilers to finish doing the rounds of the whole town before eventually settling for us because we’re too scared to spread our wings beyond our own doorstep except for a fortnight in Magaluf every couple of years. Occasionally we’d get in first with one of the younger local ones but only because we have our own car. That’s no way to live. The knowing nods between punters every time you enter the local pub. “I see he’s taken in Curtis Main this time” they’ll whisper amongst themselves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/02/2024 at 07:41, Slim said:

Which is far more exciting than our previous tactic of waiting for borderline boilers to finish doing the rounds of the whole town before eventually settling for us because we’re too scared to spread our wings beyond our own doorstep except for a fortnight in Magaluf every couple of years. Occasionally we’d get in first with one of the younger local ones but only because we have our own car. That’s no way to live. The knowing nods between punters every time you enter the local pub. “I see he’s taken in Curtis Main this time” they’ll whisper amongst themselves.

Ah, the glory days of being Jackie Macnamara's sloppy seconds.