Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Euro 2028

tlg1903

On 11/10/2023 at 01:10, tlg1903 said:

So, with this being confirmed as UK and Ireland what are the chances we might get some funding to redevelop Hampden? 

You’d hope there’d be some money made available. The utter idiocy from the cheek fans though (yes, I know) that neither of their stadiums are included as apparently they’re better is bewildering. Do they not go to games? Hampden, despite being shite, is better than those two. 

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

You’d hope there’d be some money made available. The utter idiocy from the cheek fans though (yes, I know) that neither of their stadiums are included as apparently they’re better is bewildering. Do they not go to games? Hampden, despite being shite, is better than those two. 

Is it? Not convinced like. Apparently there is to be some minor improvements, but nothing exciting. I expect that they'll be putting up signs for Rangers and Celtic home ends, and painting them in their respective colours.

By the time they have bailed out Everton, wasted several million on consultants who I thoroughly expect to then say redevloping Casement Park is not worth it so just move the Belfast games to London, given a large wedge to G4S to errect 1mile radius herras fences encircling all the grounds, and given Club wembly several licks of paint, there should be just enough left over to replace a couple of locks and/or doors missing from the other stadium toilets.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 11:04, RicoS321 said:

Is it? Not convinced like. Apparently there is to be some minor improvements, but nothing exciting. I expect that they'll be putting up signs for Rangers and Celtic home ends, and painting them in their respective colours.

Both stadiums are shite. Utterly, shite. Fuck helping the huns maintain theirs.

8 hours ago, manc_don said:

Both stadiums are shite. Utterly, shite. Fuck helping the huns maintain theirs.

I'm not suggesting that we should, of course, just that the stadiums might be better. Ibrox is far better than Hampden for actually watching football, especially in the ends. The Tim dome also. If we could knock both of those down and sell the land, then we could do up Hampden.

• 2 weeks later...

Think Hampden is only getting something like £15m, so wouldn't expect much. We should really be proposing that the draw is open so there's a chance we end up in a group that doesn't have Hampden in it.

From an Aberdeen point of view, potential to rent our training ground out to someone for the tournament. 

Everton - Brand New Stadium seriously fucking them over financially and facing a potential 12 point deduction for their financial affairs
- £500million and rising by the day
Aston Villa - One new stand + upgrade to other 3 (10000 extra seats), new multi use venue/ fanzone, 6500sqm landscaping and new club shop
- £100million + rising by the day
Ulter GAA - Brand new Stadium
- Min £130million + rising by the day
Man City - North stand expansion (7900 extra seats), new hotel, Tv studio and 3000capacity fan zone
- Min £300million + rising by the day
Newcastle - Club just started talking about expanding St James Park again (13000 extra seats - allegedly partly to avoid getting done by FFP rules).
- I Estimate min. £120million to due restricted site

Be surprised if hampden gets £15million once all that has been siphoned off