Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller

Guest bloo_toon_red

Guest bloo_toon_red

Has scored 3 goals in his last 23 games for Aberdeen this season.  Is this a good enough return for a player at AFC, let alone one that many people are desperate to see remain with us?

Good player though he is with the ball at his feet, the fact he seems to be the player the team is built around these days does not rest easily with me at all.  I'd drop him for the remainder of the season and see if we can start scoring goals again.  Double-edged sword - it might give the Maguires and Mackies of this world a proper chance to stake their claim for next season particularly if Miller does leave.  I for one wont lose any sleep if he does.

I've never been too keen on Miller.  I'm sure people on here will say that his flicks and holding up play has improved over the season, but it's just not enough to merit a similar contract.  A big wage cut and a 2 year deal is what I'd give, with more performance related bonuses.

Someone should just go up to him and say that the best striker at Pittodrie this season was, for 2 games only, Craig Brewster.

I couldn't stand him at the start of the season but he's certainly been one of our best performers this year.  His scoring record is atrocious though.  It seems all his game is about flick ons and holding the ball up, which he does extremely well.

Not deserving of a payrise that's for sure, but I'd keep him.

Unlike Zander, he didn't seem to be bothered if he got booked on Saturday.

For his reputed wage we are not getting value for money. As you guys have already said Brewster showed what a big centre forward should be doing Miller doesn't do that. On Saturday he was fouled a few times but never got the free kick because he has earned the reputation as a diver (deservedly), and personally I don't like that as I hate cheating.

Miller is more of a footballer than a big centre forward like Brewster was. The problem is that our players see Millers height and hit the ball up to him which isnt when he is at his best no matter how many times he wins flick ons. The best that Miller played was against Copenhagen when he had somebody smart alongside him rather than the other fools that have been alongside him. I'd keep him, if possible, and get Smith fit and try and get them to forge a partnership for next season.

Miller is more of a footballer than a big centre forward like Brewster was. The problem is that our players see Millers height and hit the ball up to him which isnt when he is at his best no matter how many times he wins flick ons. The best that Miller played was against Copenhagen when he had somebody smart alongside him rather than the other fools that have been alongside him. I'd keep him, if possible, and get Smith fit and try and get them to forge a partnership for next season.

Nail on head.

If we played football a bit more often we would get more from him.

I agree though if we aren't going to play football surely better to be honest about it and then punt him, rather than this charade that JC maintains about wanting to play football

agreed - spends too much time looking to the ref for fouls instead of just getting stuck in himself, which is all the opposition are doing.  Get rid of him, but make sure the replacement is better... same goes for all departees.

Not a fan of Miller either for reasons mentioned above. Never seen a 6ft odd player go down so easily. He if he stayed on his feet more often would be a more effective player. Also think you have apoint about the replacments. All the players that leave have to replaced be by better ones. No point in replacing shite with total shite like we did in January when we replaced the ineffectual Clark with the even worse Duff.

Completely agree, when we actually play football (and believe it or not a we did do that a couple of times on saturday) it is great stuff to watch. But currently, we do not play football. We hoof it up the park with no apparent target.

He doesn't get much chance to score goals when every ball played to him is aimed at his throat. Maybe if we got the ball to feet we would see the value of Miller as a proper striker. I like him and if he would except a reduced contract (i.e in line with what his team mates earn) then I would definitely get him signed up.

However, if he does leave maybe it will force Calderwoods hand and we will have to play the ball on the deck more next season. Or we'll buy Scott Dobie to do the same job Miller does. Too many questions!

He doesn't get much chance to score goals when every ball played to him is aimed at his throat. Maybe if we got the ball to feet we would see the value of Miller as a proper striker. I like him and if he would except a reduced contract (i.e in line with what his team mates earn) then I would definitely get him signed up.

However, if he does leave maybe it will force Calderwoods hand and we will have to play the ball on the deck more next season. Or we'll buy Scott Dobie to do the same job Miller does. Too many questions!

This is true to some extent as a striker is always going to struggle to score with his back to goal.

But then again, Craig Brewster managed to fill both the target man role whilst banging a fair few in and aiding with assists.

Miller just seems happy for the ball to bounce off his head and look for fouls.

To be honest, i thought Brewster was utter pish for us. Blew out of his arse after about 40 minutes of every game he played in and was NEVER going to be a long enough term option to justify unsettling Miller, who (at that time, but probably not now) was. One thing he did very well though was talk other players through games. He had the attributes of a captain and if he'd been 5-10 years younger, he'd maybe have been a better option than he was.

To be honest, i thought Brewster was utter pish for us.

He made Miller look crap.

Yes he couldnt last the 90mins but he could flick on the ball, bring the ball down to his feet, able to pass to feet and could read the game. Miller cant!

He made Miller look crap.

Yes he couldnt last the 90mins but he could flick on the ball, bring the ball down to his feet, able to pass to feet and could read the game. Miller cant!

:o

Have you watched Miller not doing that this season?! The amount of balls he takes down, holds up and then looks for an option to help him out is unbelievable. Far and away our best attacker. He does end up on his knees a lot (softly or otherwise), but i think he does an awful lot more for the team than anyone gives him credit for.

:o

Have you watched Miller not doing that this season?! The amount of balls he takes down, holds up and then looks for an option to help him out is unbelievable. Far and away our best attacker. He does end up on his knees a lot (softly or otherwise), but i think he does an awful lot more for the team than anyone gives him credit for.

I have seen him unable to do to that at a professional level many times this season. I remember one quite vividly from Saturday, the ball must have bounced 15-20 feet away off his chest. His passing is never just in the sweet spot for the other player. It annoys me when I am able to think that I can control and pass a ball as well as a 4k a week professional footballer.

Peoples dislike for Miller is baffling as he is clearly our main striker who has to do so much work due to the amount of shit passes that are fired at him and having to work alongside useless cunts like Mackie and Maguire. He doesnt score as many goals as we would all like but that is due to the way the team plays rather than anything else.

Peoples dislike for Miller is baffling as he is clearly our main striker who has to do so much work due to the amount of shit passes that are fired at him and having to work alongside useless cunts like Mackie and Maguire. He doesnt score as many goals as we would all like but that is due to the way the team plays rather than anything else.

He must be very frustrated at his career thus far then.  Having only ever had a 2 month period at Hearts where his team mates have ever played decent football.

If he's that pissed off with his team mates then he should at least attempt to make some goals off of his own back.