Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

A One Season Wonder.

Must say if this is us losing Ylber Ramadani after just one season I'll never believe another player who says he loves the club and fans again.  Loyalty in the game nowadays is practically nil.  Do believe this sort of thing is a large part of why I've lost a lot of love for football last four or five years.

Who else in our history has been a decent one season wonder?

Reading Michael hector’s recent comments, I think it’s very easy to fall in love with the club, fans, and city. We do a good job I’ll say. However, as has obviously been stated many times, if you have the opportunity to get a significant pay increase to give your family a better standard of living, that’s very hard to turn down. I’d say especially if you come from a poor ‘eastern block’ type country.  Unlike clarkson, a youngster still early in his career, Rama is 27, time to make money! Sad to see him go but fond memories and good luck to him. 

This is an example of why I did not want the club to start plundering the foreign market in a big way.

Really don’t see what has been achieved in this instance. Yes, we may have made a few quid (assuming he goes obviously) but that is very short termist. We’ve spent time and money scouting this guy, spent time bedding him into the side just to flog him a few weeks before what is potentially our most important game of the season in the Europa qualifier.

Cormack is only seeing the pound signs with recruiting all of these foreigners in my opinion. In the long term the team only gets worse by selling your best players.

13 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

This is an example of why I did not want the club to start plundering the foreign market in a big way.

Really don’t see what has been achieved in this instance. Yes, we may have made a few quid (assuming he goes obviously) but that is very short termist. We’ve spent time and money scouting this guy, spent time bedding him into the side just to flog him a few weeks before what is potentially our most important game of the season in the Europa qualifier.

Cormack is only seeing the pound signs with recruiting all of these foreigners in my opinion. In the long term the team only gets worse by selling your best players.

It’s a business plan to make us a more financially sound club. Ideally it takes us to the point where we don’t need to sell. This, along with developing and selling youth, is the only way for our club to survive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

It’s a business plan to make us a more financially sound club. Ideally it takes us to the point where we don’t need to sell. This, along with developing and selling youth, is the only way for our club to survive.

I know what you are saying and yes, everyone needs to sell the odd player to balance the books.  There is a time and a place though and now is neither.  The Europa qualifier could be worth a fortune to us, much more than the Ramadani transfer fee.  It's a false economy and short term chasing of the coin.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I know what you are saying and yes, everyone needs to sell the odd player to balance the books.  There is a time and a place though and now is neither.  The Europa qualifier could be worth a fortune to us, much more than the Ramadani transfer fee.  It's a false economy and short term chasing of the coin.

Agreed. At the same time, did we miss the boat with McKenna and fail to seek him at his most valuable. Even Barron, done nothing since the hype of last year. Again, I agree, losing Rama is a big deal and far from ideal timing, but also frees up funds to sign perhaps a more creative player, different from a Barron or shinnie. Remember, we signed Rama when we didn’t have shinnie. Not ideal but we should get solid money for Rama, opportunity to upgrade.

Edited by OrlandoDon