Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stewart Milne take note.

06/07 with Russel Anderson:

Goals against... 38

07/08 without Russel Anderson:

Goals against (with 5 games remaining)... 53

This is what happens when you sell your best player and highly influential club captain. There is absolutely no way that utter shambles on Saturday would have taken place if Russ was still here. Lesson learnt? Not a fucking chance. Just you watch wiggy's arse shoot up into the air the next time a £5 note is on offer.

We couldn't keep him forever. Players come and go and you are supposed to deal with it.

I'm not bothered that we let Russell go, he deserved to have a chance down south, it's the fact that little seemed to be done to bring in a suitable replacement that pissed me off.

I'm not bothered that we let Russell go, he deserved to have a chance down south, it's the fact that little seemed to be done to bring in a suitable replacement that pissed me off.

Mcnamara was supposed to be his replacement but it just didn't work out.

That is the crux of why I'm so pissed off this season.  We had a great standing at the end of last season to build upon and instead of using the sales of 3 first team regulars, the money disappeared and we brought in dross.

Fair enough we thought McNamara was a good signing but did anyone in their right mind think Duff, Mair, Young, etc...... was going to be holding down the fort week in, week out?

The combined sales of Anderson, Hart & Clark could easily have been covered by reaching both finals.  Sure it would have been a gamble to say we'd have reached both finals but then it would have been a gamble worth taking when they see the season ticket sales next season if they don't go some way to appeasing the fans with some decent signings.

Agreed. When we signed McNamara, I was thinking that he would be an ideal replacement for Anderson in terms of experience and ability. Oh how I was wrong. All the experience and ability count for jack shit when you don't have the hunger or desire to apply your full potential ... or even half of your potential!

McNamara's probably been the most disappointing signing we've made in a long long time (maybe Lovell is on a par), primarily due to the ability we all know he has, compared to the product we've received from him.