Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

As we have been turfed out of the cup and have just managed to squeak into the top six, some questions have to be asked.

Firstly, what does getting into the top six actully mean now? Personally I think it will mean nothing as I just dont think we will gather any more points. Every team above us has outplayed us and scored quite highly against us.

If we think this is going to happen and our team are already in a state of transition, with us now knowing at least ten players are on thier way out, do we use the remaining fixtures to blood some younger players to see what they are made of?

Surely a response from  our glorious board if directors is needed. And a positive one at that. IF they dont want Pittodrie to be deserted for the rest of the season and season ticket sales to flounder for next season, surely some positive sounding noises about support for the management team and the finance they SAID that would be given to the tango man in the close season actually happens.  Surely silence is NOT an option from them.

The players. Who is worth keeping, who are dead wood? There are some obvious names Bus, duff, 'Namara etc. etc who should be shown the door, but what about the likes of  Mair or Severin? It seems that making him capatain was the worst thing that happened to him.

Lastly, Calderwood himself, We know that to sack him would waste a lot of cash to compensate him, so that wont happen, but surely, if he squanders the said cash and repoduces more poor perormances into next season, surely his position wold become unsustainable? Would he walk away, muttering as he left about Aberdeen fans overly high expectations and no suppoert from the board.

It seems that things are in a bit of a mess just now and it needs some clear, definite forward thinking management on all levels, fom the top of the club to bottom in order to sort it out.

Thoughts?

The whole club is going to be a bit down till the end of the season. About the only thing that could lift the fans right now is for Miller and/or Nicholson to sign new deals, or for us to sign up someone on a pre-contract. All the focus for the next 5 matches will be next season, and I see no point in playing Bus, Lovell, Souter etc. if they are not going to be around next season. The only reason I would continue to play Miller, Nicholson and Maybury is because I would actually want them to stay, and freezing them out isn't going to help convince them.

In saying that though, do we actually have any youth players who we can chuck in for a few games?

In order to stop season ticket sales dropping too much, we need some transfer activity early this summer (and I don't mean random dutch folk or ex-pars). In the last few years we've gone into the start of the season still looking for players, and picking up the scraps. We can't afford to do that this summer.

If we don't win the next two fixtures (and thereby rule out our slim chances of 3rd place) then I would start by dropping Miller and Nicholson if they are not willing to sign contracts.  If they are definitely going to be off, then play players who will be here next season and/or blood some youngsters.

Calderwood is going nowhere so we need to start planning for next season.

Youth team are in the semi of the youth cup (our third cup semi of the season will no doubt end in failure though), so surely we have somebody who can step up?

A change of captaincy might be a good idea also.  Give Zander the opportunity to captain the team for a few games.

Sun and a summer with family hopefully. Football is now officially off my agenda until August.  8)

Too right Ajja! The season is over now, so I can now worry about my studies. I have given Eccosse's season ticket to Topcorner as I felt there was no point in wasting my money or putting my studies in jepardy for that shower of shite. Roll on August!  :-\

then I would start by dropping Miller and Nicholson if they are not willing to sign contracts.

I think this should have been done a while ago. This would give us a bit more time to adjust without them being there possibly?

The question now arises, who will take them after this recent run of poor performances?

We must get a new keeper and a good striker to play along side miller (offer him some more cash) as i think him along side diamond have been our 2 better players this season..

trouble i have a feeling he will be off and we will sign another striker and be back to square one (only one decent striker)

get rid of all the rest of the shite mcnamara, bus, young and duff (well named)

We must get a new keeper and a good striker to play along side miller (offer him some more cash) as i think him along side diamond have been our 2 better players this season..

trouble i have a feeling he will be off and we will sign another striker and be back to square one (only one decent striker)

get rid of all the rest of the shite mcnamara, bus, young and duff (well named)

Who is this decent striker you speak of? As far as I can see, our only two are both leaving this summer  :hammer:  Mackie is a squad player but I was talking to topcorner about this today. Imagine, next season our strike force will be Maguire and Mackie  :-[

terrifying prospect.  Mind you you never know what a FORCED bit of stability will do.  But thn thats optimism. I dont do that anymore.  Im  now in Jutes mindset.

Am watching highlights of hus v partick. Any thoughts on partick's keeper? Seemed a decent shot stopper. Not to blame for te goals.

terrifying prospect.  Mind you you never know what a FORCED bit of stability will do.  But thn thats optimism. I dont do that anymore.  Im  now in Jutes mindset.

Am watching highlights of hus v partick. Any thoughts on partick's keeper? Seemed a decent shot stopper. Not to blame for te goals.

I'm sure I saw him let in 6 v Gretna last season.

If we signed him people would soon be on his backs cos his pedigree is no better than that of Langfield and Soutar when we signed them.

Fair pont maybe, but a keeper i only as good as his defence. Partick are pish, surely?

I refer you to Jamie Langfield and our shocking defence at the turn of the year.

Partick are pish, maybe. Our defence is pish, on Saturday's performance, yes. By that logic we could have any goalkeeper in goals and it'd make no difference.

That is true, up to a point. A good 'keeper will instill a degree of confidence in the guys in front of him, that he'll deal with at least some of the stuff they miss.

Leighton didn't come for crosses much and when he did, he usually missed them, BUT he had McLeish and Miller to do that kind of thing.

I thought he wouldn't be replacable, but IMO Snelders was at least as good, if not better in some aspects - at least up until that hun prick smashed his face or maybe losing his bottle in the Holland germany game............

I think he was the last good keeper we had.

What now indeed.

For me it's summer. Holidays, eating out doors, ice cold Corona, wearing havaianas, slight sunburn, walking on a French beach and swimming in the sea, golf and t shirt weather for a couple of stag parties in Amsterdam.

Can't wait and this will all still happen even though there's no Cup Final.   :thumbsup:

Guest bloo_toon_red

Can't wait and this will all still happen even though there's no Cup Final.   :thumbsup:

Yep, life goes on.

Same shit, different season.  It's what makes us all dandies.

On a positive note, at least we have Euro 2008 to look forward to without having to deal with the Team England Media Circus.

For me its getting a camera shoved up my cock at the beginning of May.

I can't fucking wait.

I'm sure it will be much more fun than saturday was.

When the nurse tells you "It might sting a bit the first couple of times you pee afterwards" she's talking sheeeite!

I was still pissing blood 6 hours later, and still hurt like fcuck for 3 days! :o

We need a first team quality goalkeeper, right back, left back, creative midfielder, left winger, 2 strikers and an experienced central defender.

I make that 8 players. Calderwood has said we're going to be signing 6 players.

It's unacceptable for the problems to have escalated so much, that we require 8 quality players in our squad. Any budget we do have won't be enough to cover that, and the blame lies firmly at Calderwood's door for not identifying the weak areas of our squad making making the appropriate signings.

We need a first team quality goalkeeper, right back, left back, creative midfielder, left winger, 2 strikers and an experienced central defender.

I make that 8 players. Calderwood has said we're going to be signing 6 players.

It's unacceptable for the problems to have escalated so much, that we require 8 quality players in our squad. Any budget we do have won't be enough to cover that, and the blame lies firmly at Calderwood's door for not identifying the weak areas of our squad making making the appropriate signings.

It is make or break time for JC.

Clearly he will be the one making whole sale changes to the team this summer.  Regardless of his budget if he makes some decent signings and avoids signing players that cause the entire Red Army to go "what the fuck" (se Duff, Mair, Young etc) then he'll be given a reasonable chance to turn things around next year.

Having said that though if we start poorly and are out the league cup early on then he's gone.

Time for you to show us your abilities as a football manager JC. It's now or never.

It is make or break time for JC.

Clearly he will be the one making whole sale changes to the team this summer.  Regardless of his budget if he makes some decent signings and avoids signing players that cause the entire Red Army to go "what the fuck" (se Duff, Mair, Young etc) then he'll be given a reasonable chance to turn things around next year.

Having said that though if we start poorly and are out the league cup early on then he's gone.

Time for you to show us your abilities as a football manager JC. It's now or never.

Darren Young

Scott Wilson

Mark Kerr

Jan van Danban

Van Jan Bandan

Hert of Hurtneveer

See y'all next season for the big push...

Willie Miller in the EE (can't find the article on the website) basicaly saying Calderwood won't be getting sacked, and that there will be some squad rebuilding in the summer, once they sort out who's leaving from Miller/Nicholson/Lovell.  An experienced centre back is one of the priorities for next season.