Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jimmy - Buy me a pint!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/aberdeen-fc/2008/04/11/jimmy-calderwood-fans-may-buy-me-pint-if-aberdeen-win-cup-86908-20379384/

Jimmy Calderwood: Fans may buy me pint if Aberdeen win cup

Apr 11 2008 By Euan McArthur

JIMMY CALDERWOOD is desperate to win the Scottish Cup - so he can finally savour a free pint in Aberdeen.

The Pittodrie gaffer believes he'll only be properly accepted by the Red Army if he lands silverware at Hampden next month.

Calderwood's side face a semi-final showdown with Queen of the South at Hampden tomorrow lunchtime and he reckons it can pave the way to a punter buying him a drink.

He said: "I'll go on holiday a little bit happier if we win it. I might even get a drink from an Aberdeen supporter.

"Some of them actually say they would rather win the Cup than finish third but I can't understand that argument.

"In saying that, I might be able to in six weeks time if we do it.

"I speak to Willie Miller every day and he keeps saying we've got to get to a cup final, so this is a great chance.

"It would be great to take another step towards Europe in which I think we did brilliantly this season."

Aberdeen last tasted Scottish Cup success back in 1990 when they beat Celtic 9-8 in a penalty shoot-out following a 0-0 draw.

Take it you will be getting the first round in then?..... :thumbsup:

Hey - Dave buys all the beers, Dave buys all the beers!

Even I would buy him a pint.........I may have to sabotage it or do the old wet the whistle trick to it first though  :thumbsup:

I'll buy him a pint.

Seriously, I would be happy to. He would have to stand and talk to me while he was drinking it though. If I'm buying him a pint, I at least want to find out if it's alcohol that contributed to him thinking signing Stuart Duff was a good idea.

The cunt shouldn't have been talking about winning it at this stage. Simple as.

Aye... but to be fair, who wasn't???? 

Although not openly admitting it, I'd guess everyone here thought that we would do the business & at least get to the final :hammer:

Guest swaddon

Aye... but to be fair, who wasn't???? 

Although not openly admitting it, I'd guess everyone here thought that we would do the business & at least get to the final :hammer:

I really didn't think it would happen, but I'm a pessimistic bastard when it comes to football. Even if Aberdeen were taking on a team made up of drunks at closing time, I wouldn't put the mortgage on the Dons winning.

Indeed, I certainly didn't think it was a foregone conclusion. In fact I was saying to my mates when we beat the oirish that it would be typical aberdeen to lose to QoS...how right was i  ::hammer: As you said swaddon, you wouldn't stake anything on aberdeen to win anything!