Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Time to act is NOW

Enough is enough. McGhee has to go. We cannot afford to bin the shite squad, so we have to get a new man in who can do a better job with these players than McGhee is currently doing. One win in thirteen is simply not sufficient. The P&J put it bluntly. In 1995, we were in the same position league-wise. Different is we had the likes of Shearer, Dodds, McKimmie and Irvine to help us out of the hole.

This season, we've got Hartley and a frustrated Aluko ... that's it! We need someone new NOW. Not in January ... NOW. Get a new manager in now, give him a few weeks worth of games to get to know the squad, let him grab some freebies in the January window, and then see if he can haul us out of the relegation zone for the remaining four months of the season.

McGhee, you were a cracking player for us. But I'm sorry to say it has just not worked out at Aberdeen from your very first game in charge. For the sake of Aberdeen Football Club, it is time to go.

Who would you take in out of interest?

Im Not dissagreeing - but who would you want as manager .

We have taken in two managers now who were apparantly miracle workers with a low budget (Paterson and Mcghee) it hasnt worked out for either of them. Who would you turn to?

Statistically he has had the least amount of finanicial backing from the board.

You get what you pay for  :thumbsup:

Statistically our team has nae full backs and 5 or 6 strikers. Statistically shouldn't McGhee have statistically brought in a full back or two to ststistically improve our statistics?

Who would you take in out of interest?

Im Not dissagreeing - but who would you want as manager .

We have taken in two managers now who were apparantly miracle workers with a low budget (Paterson and Mcghee) it hasnt worked out for either of them. Who would you turn to?

Where has McGhee been a miracle worker with a low budget?

He couldn't get Wolves promoted with a budget that was bigger than Man United's at the time.

Back when Calderwood was binned everyone who thought it was a bad idea asked the same question as you are here "Who would you want as manager?" and the answer from those who thought getting rid was a good idea was "That's not for us to decide it is the job of the board".

At this time though we could bring back Alex Miller and Steve Paterson as co-managers and expect an improvement. The apparent lack of giving a shit from the boardroom, and the complete absence of morale, leadership or direction from the dressing room means the club is about as low as it can go.

As for the financial aspect... and I've avoided the "Told You So" thread purposefully but what the fuck did you expect when you were calling, for a club in debt to the tune of £10 million, to sack a management team less than a year into a three year contract?

Results from the poll the other week

Derek Adams (7.5%)

Gordon Strachan (6.6%)

Jocky Scott (6.1%)

Jimmy Calderwood (5.7%)

Alan Curbishley (5.2%)

Paul Hartley (5.2%)

George Burley (5.2%)

Darren Ferguson (5.2%)

Billy Stark (4.7%)

Craig Brown (4.7%)

Derek McInnes (4.2%)

Eric Black (4.2%)

Eoin Jess (3.8%)

Mike Newell (3.8%)

Steve Clark (3.8%)

Terry Butcher (3.3%)

John Collins (3.3%)

Phil Brown (2.8%)

Steve Coppell (2.8%)

Billy Reid (2.4%)

Bruce Rioch (1.9%)

other (1.9%)

Paul Jewell (1.4%)

Stuart Baxter (1.4%)

Mixu Paatelainen (0.9%)

John McGlynn (0.9%)

John Hughes (0.5%)

Gordon Chisholm (0.5%)

Results from the poll the other week (omitting Adams who has moved to hibs)

Gordon Strachan (6.6%) Cant work with young players, needs to spend his way out of trouble

Jocky Scott (6.1%) Sacked twice as dundee manager

Jimmy Calderwood (5.7%) Had his chance - fucked it up

Alan Curbishley (5.2%) (aye right, can just see him coming up here)

Paul Hartley (5.2%) (no experiance, athough in my opinion a decent shout)

George Burley (5.2%) (would probably be the worst appointment we could ever make, no respect)

Darren Ferguson (5.2%) (Got bigger fish to fry)

Billy Stark (4.7%) (hahahaha)

Craig Brown (4.7%) (why would he? )

Derek McInnes (4.2%) (again why would he)

Eric Black (4.2%) (Not done anything in football that Mcghee hasnt)

Eoin Jess (3.8%) (no Experiance)

Mike Newell (3.8%) (unproven)

Steve Clark (3.8%) (assistant manager at best)

Terry Butcher (3.3%) (Great shout but would never want to come to us)

John Collins (3.3%) (see burley - will command no respect from players)

Phil Brown (2.8%) (Fuck me)

Steve Coppell (2.8%) (see Curbs)

Billy Reid (2.4%) (no fucking danger, would rather stick with mcghee)

Bruce Rioch (1.9%) (where is he now-adays)

other (1.9%) (Think i will stick with this plan, but who? )

Paul Jewell (1.4%) (fucking hell - Mr Relegation)

Stuart Baxter (1.4%) (jobs to big for him)

Mixu Paatelainen (0.9%) (Not going to do anything differnatly to what we have)

John McGlynn (0.9%) (fuck off)

John Hughes (0.5%) (See above)

Gordon Chisholm (0.5%) (See Baxter)

C'mon Stoney, even a corpse (or Alex Miller as he's known :hammer:) couldn't be worse.

As for a replacement, for a stop-gap to get us oot the shite I'd settle for someone like Dick Campbell.

Honestly wouldnt mind someone like him coming in, but this isnt a finger in the dyke job - we have to many big earners sailing us down the river because they arnt good enough.

Seriously!

I bet any lower league manager would jump at the chance, so pick one with experience of dealing with players and experience of having less than fuck-all cash to spend.

I'd ha said Neale Cooper, but I really think we need to step away from Ex-Dons for a while.

Maybe the boy Jack in charge of Elgin....done wonders there this season.

Make it clear I'm not talking long term get us into Europe here (unless we unearth a real star) but someone to just make sure that in 2011/12 we're still in the SPL

I've been in London all weekend, so didn't hear too much about the Killie game but I find it utterly incredible he is still in a job.

Fucking useless bastards on the board.

Should be an interesting AGM I see Stewart Milne is up for re-election along with Martin Gilbert and Gordon Buchan.