Author Topic: Club covid  (Read 334 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
Club covid
« on: July 01, 2020, 10:05:04 am »
First teamer tests positive for covid:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/07/01/club-confirm-positive-test-result-for-covid-19/

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
Re: Club covid
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 04:42:29 am »
Not sure I agree with the clubs strategy of trying to shift season tickets by claiming they believe that 7.5k crowds will be back at Pittodrie when football resumes. This is contrary to reports and estimations everywhere else.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 08:14:10 am »
Jason Leitch said only yesterday that it was highly unlikely that their would be any fans before October which contradicts what club are saying. Not sure that this isn’t anything other than a poor attempt to sell more season tickets.

If however if we are getting 7,500 fans back how will it work. Got to assume that they will have to be socially distanced so no chance you will have a full Merkland for example which means fans will probably not be sitting in the area they bought their season ticket for. How will they decide who sits where. Will they need to open top of RDS again?

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57:19 am »
I’d have thought so , jute. Not really sure how else it could work? I’d really like to know where the club is getting its optimism from.

Offline puregenius

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 12:07:09 pm »
Not sure why fans would shell out all that money to renew tickets when it was pretty clear back in April/May time that there was unlikely to be fans in stadiums until the new year.  The club really should not be taking people's money.  There are several organisations that have done that during this period and it is taking the piss.  If you are not able to get a service you are paying for then companies should not be charging you. 

It's ok for the chairman to suggest season ticket holders will be able to watch the matches on tv but you can hardly charge £400 for a season on tv.  Just my opinion but the club have made a hash of the whole situation.  I said previously that they should have been furloughing the whole staff when lockdown was announced and would have saved millions.  Even crazier, they have just given away their £50,000 grant - why exactly when we keep hearing they are "burning through" all this money each month?  Just do not understand Cormack's thinking on some of these things.