Cove Rabideen

I can't call them by their second name, I just can't and it's bad enough that they play in blue but as I'm looking forward to going to my third straight home game on Saturday, having never seen them before, I think Aberdeen's second club deserve a thread of their own. Winning the league in their first year is a great achievement and it's good that some of you lot come along on Saturdays when AFC are playing away.

Brechin will be the next team to leave the Balmoral Stadium with zero points. Cove have never lost a league game at home this season. That's a pretty awesome record for the new kids on the block.

Edit: it's actually better than that. It's 13 wins in 13 home league games. That's phenomenal.

3-2 the day, a scoreline that flattered Brechin. The second goal today was a thing of beauty with more than half the team involved in putting together 15/20 passes. Fraser Fyvie spread a couple of amazing passes that deserved goals on the end of them and Mitch Megginson is a tremendous instinctive striker. They're an intelligent bunch of footballers, honest and hardworking. I don't see any weaknesses so far, just an excellent team. Really enjoying it.

• 4 months later...
On 05/03/2020 at 00:28, rocket_scientist said:

I can't call them by their second name, I just can't and it's bad enough that they play in blue but as I'm looking forward to going to my third straight home game on Saturday, having never seen them before, I think Aberdeen's second club deserve a thread of their own. Winning the league in their first year is a great achievement and it's good that some of you lot come along on Saturdays when AFC are playing away.

Brechin will be the next team to leave the Balmoral Stadium with zero points. Cove have never lost a league game at home this season. That's a pretty awesome record for the new kids on the block.

Edit: it's actually better than that. It's 13 wins in 13 home league games. That's phenomenal.

Hardly.

Wealthy club who play at Lego stadium in industrial park buy league title.

Horrible, horrible club. The Highland League is a much better place without them.

33 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Hardly.

Wealthy club who play at Lego stadium in industrial park buy league title.

Horrible, horrible club. The Highland League is a much better place without them.

Jeez, where did this come from?

I know their manager is a horrible wee shite but I know nothing of their finances and the ownership. I'm sure your bitter resentment towards them comes from something so I would be interested to learn what specifically?