Author Topic: player’s conditioning  (Read 1317 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -201
Re: player’s conditioning
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:14 PM »
Respect. Some men aren't man enough to admit their mistakes. As Marcellus said "that's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride". The wise man understands that we all make mistakes and that mistakes are good. It's how we learn. The shrimp of a man can't admit his mistakes because he erroneously thinks that making an error is a sign of incompetence and that admitting it is a sign of weakness. He is prepared to deny truth in order to perpetuate his sickness.  :thumbsup:
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Ollie

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
Firstly Ollie, welcome to the site. Hope you'll hang around here.
Think most of us know the source of TC's comments regarding Deano.
My son and I were speaking about this at St Mirren on Sunday and both agreed we would be astounded if the claims were correct. In this day and age with all we now know, it would be madness for any professional athlete starting out in their career to indulge in such actions.

Would imagine you should know better than most the ins and outs of this.
Got a little knowledge about the subject!

Offline Ollie

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 2
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 11:35:21 PM »
Firstly...I have to apologise to Ollie...and more importantly the loon himself

I did indeed get the info from elsewhere and stupidly took it as gospel. In my defence I did use the word "apparently" which was meant to signify that the info I was using was second hand but I could have made that a lot clearer.

Lesson learned

My apologies once again
No problem at all, and apology happily accepted. I shouldn't have to explain, but I'll indulge. Someone, and I can't even recall who, signed up to AFC Chat in the summer to to have a go at Dean, saying he'd just saw him in the Chester hotel smoking area and that it was a disgrace how a young Aberdeen player was drinking and smoking etc etc. He was at the time 4000 miles away on holiday with his girlfriend. There's been a few tongue in cheek comments about it from regular posters since, which have clearly been picked up incorrectly. Now as I've said, I've no issue with people criticising his ability on the park, as players, especially youngsters trying to make their way will always divide opinion, but to sign up for a chat site with the specific intention of making up stories to discredit him is pretty poor. Maybe the guy genuinely thought it was him to be fair.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -201
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 04:16:02 AM »
Interesting. I think the bigger issue is social media, how it's used and how it's perceived.

These comments are going to offend people so I should apologise in advance but as I'm really not sorry at all, I won't. I'm never sorry when stupid cunts get offended. I'm not even sorry if I offend non-stupid cunts. The act of being offended, of taking offence is a decision taken by the offendee, not an act inflicted by the offendor. There are exceptions to most rules of course and I see that Katie Hopkins has had her Twitter account pulled. I could never work that dumb bitch out, mostly because she wasn't dumb - I'm speaking of her in the past tense here, maybe I'm guilty of framing it through social media lenses too? - and has a robustly-functioning intellect, unfortunately coloured by much prejudice and coming out in that guffy nasally "we know best" tone really was offensive to anyone not similarly discoloured.

Here's the thing; people are becoming increasingly stupid. One of the biggest contributors to their imbecilic advancement is education, or the lack of it. Kids don't read these days. They don't have the attention spans. Sure they can read texts and tweets and look at pictures but investing ten hours to read a book and then engage in an exercise to interpret what they've just read and discuss it in the classroom, forget about it.

Without reading, proper reading, there is a limitation of vocabulary available to them. Without words, we fail to express and limiting our words limits our ability to express ourselves. Thinking, proper thinking, is only achievable when we have the capacity to see and the capacity to understand. This includes not understanding but having the critical thinking abilities to begin to tackle the subject that we don't understand which of course requires the desire and the motivation to want to learn and understand something that we don't at first, which needs words to ask the right questions, mainly of ourselves.

The most vile manifestation of the expanding thick cunt brigade are those who regurgitate something as truth without knowing it to be so, them not having the discipline to invest time to establish it for themselves. Tragically, they don't even consider whether it's true or not as they take as gospel anything they read, facilitated by an absence of integrity which, like education, is something in terminal decline. Teenagers have an excuse for being stupid. We as a society are engineering them that way but for a grown man to regurgitate something he read on a football forum as truth and repeating it often, that man should be exterminated from society and executed as an enemy of progress, plus any offspring he may have fathered.

Edit: that's wrong. An even worse manifestation is using social media to deliberately peddle a mistruth. That's active deception rather than the repeating that the exceptionally stupid do. The latter should still be shot. The former get a fair and proper trial and due process.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:49:11 AM by rocket_scientist »
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 10:53:14 AM »
Was going to write a long detailed reply to rocket, but I've either not got the attention span to do it or perhaps its because I'm just not offended.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 205
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
Got a little knowledge about the subject!

Yeah I know :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up