Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

County vs Dons

County have had a fair few 2-2 draws of late, so wouldn't surprise me if this was a score draw, however I do think we'll leave with 3 points.  We seem to have a bit of swagger back, so it'll be interesting to see if this continues.

Wouldn't change much from the starting line up tbh, may as well see how it goes and whether Main and Cosgrove can actually develop a partnership.

Out

Bed

Bed

Moving

2-1 Dons, Hedges and Cosgrove

Bryson is supposed to be back for this one so would expect him to come back in. County are the worst team I have seen us play in the league this season so should be looking to win this comfortably however as I am travelling 4 hours on the train to get to the game you can guarantee we will make a tit of it. Supposedly a big Dons support heading up.

In

Ridiculously early train then beers in Inverness and Dingwall

Away end

Beers then train back to Capital.

3-0 Cosgrove (pen) Hedges and McGinn.

I'd be very surprised if he went for 2 Strikers again, but against a team like County, it could work well.

They seem to start slowly but grow more into the game, they've came back from goals down to draw & win, but also took a couple of heavy defeats.

I think we'll take 3 points as well, and would like to see a similar 11 on the pitch.

Ross County 1 vs 3 Aberdeen ( Cosgrove x 2, McLennan )

Probably jinxing the result now but I've lumped on us today in my accumulator (alongside Spurs, Ipswich and Sunderland)

The way McInnes is speaking it doesn't sound like the Cosgrove/Main partnership will start today, although he might just be trying to throw County off the scent. Surely to god Logan has to be dropped, Vyner dropping back to replace him and Bryson coming in to the midfield.

1-3 (Hedges, Ferguson, Cosgrove)

Another correct scoreline, should start putting money on it!

Anyway, relatively comfortable game, referee was abysmal though, for both teams it has to be said.

Considine my MOTM, 2-3 excellent defensive blocks and a very good finish for his goal. Hedges & Leigh were also very good. No poor players today really.

3 wins in a row, 7 scored and one conceded, the one conceded was a very debatable Penalty today.

Fingers crossed this is us for the rest of the season, we have bodies back, Wilson, Gleeson, Vyner not even in the squad, so we can only get stronger, numbers wise.

Only downside is that's it's 2 weeks tomorrow until our next fixture.

Probably jinxing the result now but I've lumped on us today in my accumulator (alongside Spurs, Ipswich and Sunderland)

I was about to question the nonsense idea that you could possibly jinx a match, but you spectacularly managed to jinx 3 out of 4 results there. Top jinxing.

A fine win.Never saw a stream but McGinn was in top form apparently,Considine also good.Downside was Bryson went off after 50 mins......turning out to be a new Paul Bernard  :frown:

Makes all the feeble results at the start of the season more frustrating

6500 crowd today (of which 2000 Dandies).Always amazes how many folks watch County,when the population of Dingwall is only 8000 or so

A fine win.Never saw a stream but McGinn was in top form apparently,Considine also good.Downside was Bryson went off after 50 mins......turning out to be a new Paul Bernard  :frown:

Makes all the feeble results at the start of the season more frustrating

6500 crowd today (of which 2000 Dandies).Always amazes how many folks watch County,when the population of Dingwall is only 8000 or so

Don't think Bryson was injured though (could be wrong mind you). Seemed a tactical move and McInnes said afterwards Main coming on made a difference.

Ross County were playing four in midfield and we had five, so we could afford to take off a midfielder and put someone else up front.

Population is about 5500

The key being the name of the club Ross County

Ross and Cromarty population is about 50,000.

Had Inverness Thistle gotten into the league back in 1974 or they just picked either them or Caley instead of amalgamating them back in 1994 then I reckon there would be much healthier crowds on the other side of the Kessock.

County do so much (or at least used to when I was growing up) for schools and kids football around the highlands which probably helps so much with them attracting new fans.

Four wins out of five now. Have scored three goals against Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross County who are all fellow top six sides.

Just a shame we let ourselves down so badly against the Old Firm.

Hopefully McInnes gets a bit of slack after this. I'm not a fan of the "where are the McInnes haters/backers now then?" after every game, but some of the nonsense spouted recently, especially by social media warriors, has been embarrassing. Been quite vitriolic towards him just because he's had some disappointing performances.

Population is about 5500

The key being the name of the club Ross County

Ross and Cromarty population is about 50,000.

Had Inverness Thistle gotten into the league back in 1974 or they just picked either them or Caley instead of amalgamating them back in 1994 then I reckon there would be much healthier crowds on the other side of the Kessock.

County do so much (or at least used to when I was growing up) for schools and kids football around the highlands which probably helps so much with them attracting new fans.

I know,but with Aberdeen city at 230k,and if you include surrounding areas to give you around 450k population,then Countys proportion of crowds to population is still pretty impressive

I know,but with Aberdeen city at 230k,and if you include surrounding areas to give you around 450k population,then Countys proportion of crowds to population is still pretty impressive

Maybe its just a different mindset. Lot of people I went to school with grew up supporting other teams but have since changed to Ross County. Many did it after moving to Glasgow/ Edinburgh etc and experiencing much more of the baggage their former teams carried.

I'll admit now I find myself drifting more towards Ross County and actually think Ive been to more County games than Dons matches in the last couple of years.

Brrrrr ! Not long back, another decent performance from Dons.

Actually just got in when County scored their pen. so dont know if it was a pen or not, we recovered well though & tbh we should have won by more, woodwork saving them from bigger defeat.

Great 1st goal from niall, Hedges 2nd goal, not sure if anyone got a touch. 3rd goal from big Andy was a good strike, actually he was probably my motm.

Good Dons support up creating a good atmosphere, must have been 2,000+ :thumbsup:

Well deserved 3 points , jings it was baltic though :eek:

I think it was inside the box. Hard to be completely sure because of the angle, but it looked like his arms were inside the box.

Looked to be a decent performance. Perhaps a bit fortunate, but good on the team for pulling through. You could see the ref was having a bit of a shocker. Great goals by McGinn and Consi, who is my player of the season so far. Was it Hedges who went to dive on the pile and completely missed it?  :rofl:

Hope we can continue this form post wast of time international week.

Edit: goals:

So it seems that with (nearly) a full squad to pick from we are indeed "best of the rest". The Edinburgh clubs will have new managers by the time the international break is over and I'd expect both of them to start climbing the table prior to the New Year break. As long as we don't suffer another injury crisis, I'd expect us to at least maintain the current gap, allowing for their game in hand. Motherwell and Killie just don't have the squads to maintain their relative positions to us and I'd expect them both to be on similar points totals to Hibs and Hearts come mid-season.

The problem we face is that the arse cheeks are now so strong that both can field second choice elevens and beat the majority of teams in the league, They might even be able to do it against us although I don't think they'd risk that given that as it stands all that separates them is one goal after a third of the season. We've got sevco coming up early December and it could well be that the league is settled by who loses the least amount of points to us over the season. Hopefully we can do a bit of damage to the sevconian challenge.

Leigh is becoming an important fixture in midfield, supplying the "drive" that we have missed since Shinnie left. We're supposedly looking to exercise our right-to-buy option on him early. Not sure if that means we have to wait till January or if the loan terms (and SFA rules) allow us to do it right now but let's hope we can get it done and dusted asap as his form of late will no doubt be starting to make other clubs pay attention.

Consi's next match for us will be his 500th club appearance. Over the years he's had his detractors.....but his service can not be questioned and seems to have improved with age. I'm not sure we will ever see another player reach this milestone.

As has been said.....the break has come at the wrong time for us just as we are starting to get some momentum. Hivs destroyed St J at the weekend but I certainly don't expect us to stick 4 past them on the league resumption. Noted that May got another goal....that's 2 in 9 whch I suppose isn't bad in a side sitting second bottom. Certainly beats his goal ratio with us by quite a distance. Wouldn't bet against him getting one against us.