Author Topic: Hearts - Dons - League Cup 1/4  (Read 1781 times)

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
Re: Hearts - Dons - League Cup 1/4
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 12:53:01 PM »
I missed the first 10 minutes as apparently redtv won't work if you are watching it through chrome on an iPad. Has to be safari. So I missed the shot off the bar and the save from the Japanese lad.

Despite leading through two penalties and not open play (conceding through an horrific error by Devlin), we were by far the better side. Wilson and Hedges link up was causing Hearts all sorts of problems. Once Ferguson and Campbell settled in, it didn't appear we were missing Ojo. The boy Smith couldn't cope with the directness of McLennan and most of the Hearts players Halkett, in particular, had no idea how to handle Cosgrove.

As soon as Wilson went off for Gallagher, we looked devoid of ideas going forward. When McGinn replaced McLennan, it became even worse slowing the game down in the final third. McGinn quite clearly holds Gallagher in contempt and knows he can’t be trusted with the ball. Surely Ethan Ross is a better option than this guy?

Got to wonder what's up with all the injuries, Taylor, Ojo, Bryson, McKenna, Wright, Gleeson then Wilson (must be something wrong with him) & Campbell (maybe cramp, but still).

Have the physio's, sports science folk changed? Maybe even psychologists? Certainly, appears to be a lack of belief and concentration.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
McLennan and Campbell were especially hopeless on Wednesday. Very timid. McLennan especially. I took a lot of stick on The Hat for this point of view and I'm not saying they won't come good but with every passing day I lose hope!

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -54
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2019, 03:35:41 PM »
Sports scientists and psychologists ?

Get the bastards up and doon the Broad Hill a few times.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »
I actually thought Campbell came on to a decent game after a dodgy first 10 minutes. And of all our home grown talent I think he is the one likeliest to make a decent career for himself. McLennan was rank though. And injured yet again. Bit concerning that a loon his age is having problems so often.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -89
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2019, 02:21:38 PM »
Anybody got a link to some highlights??  Don't like collecting a winning bet before I've seen it come up.  Had £7 on Samuel Cosgrove First Goal at (5/1).   

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »
back to being cannon fodder aurora dna punching above our weight
MR GRUMPY IS HERE