Author Topic: DONS - Hertz - Sun - 3PM  (Read 2941 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
DONS - Hertz - Sun - 3PM
« on: August 02, 2019, 02:54:26 AM »
Seems like the off seasons get shorter and shorter each year, but looking forward to getting the proper season under way.  Be interesting to see how we line up for this one, doubtful we'll be as free flowing as today's game.  I haven't really paid much attention to the rest of the league during the break, so fuck knows who Hearts have signed.  I doubt they've played their style of play though.  Is Naismith still injured?

We haven't lost to them at home in the league since 2013, so hopefully we keep up that run!

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-0 Dons, Cosgrove and McGinn
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 02:56:09 AM by manc_don »

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: DONS - Hertz - Sun - 3PM
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 05:45:42 AM »
I'm happy League Football is back. I hate a Saturday/Sunday with no Football.

Anyway, I fancy us to carry the buzz of last night into Sunday, agreed Hearts will provide a far tougher test, but we'll be hard to beat at home this season if that's the way we're going to play, and I think it'll be enough to collect 3 points.

Aberdeen 2 vs 0 Hearts ( Cosgrove, Hedges )

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 08:21:01 AM »
Hopefully we play an unchanged side from the one that started last night as nobody deserves to be dropped after that performance. Bryson can wait his chance until someone gets injured or loses form. We can afford to experiment a bit with line-ups in the League Cup.

You would have to expect Hearts to provide a sterner test that the Georgians, but having said that their showings pre-season and in the League Cup groups have been underwhelming to say the least. Naismith as far as I'm aware is fit and has been training with the Jambo's since the start of pre-season, just hadn't signed a contract until yesterday due to some loophole where the PFA in England pay out of contract players the equivalent of 1 months salary at their previous club if they haven't been snapped up by a new club a month after their contract ran out. Hopefully the odious git snaps a cruciate on Sunday leaving Hearts bitterly regretting awarding him a 4 year contract.

3-0 (Considine, Cosgrove, Gallagher)

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -57
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »
Scottish referees

Anyone know who it is and who he's liable to pick on.

A sending off for Cosgrove or Ojo, resulting in a witch hunt in the weegie press.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:55:50 PM by donsdaft »

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Agree with Ten Caat that we should go with the team that started the game last night. As long as they are all fit then no reason to change a winning team. That said McInnes did mention not having Leigh play 3 games in 7 day after just coming back from injury so it maybe that he drops out but I have no idea who would take his place if he does.

Hearts will give us a much harder test than any of our Europa league opposition has so far. Be interesting to see if we stick to playing the same type of football as last night or if we revert to knocking it long against these cloggers.

In
Lift up the road then beers
Y
Train back to the Capital.
2-0 Cosgrove and McKenna

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -113
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 01:40:30 PM »
6-2

Brian Irvine 12] ;[Duncan Shearer 44] ;[Paul Mason 66] ;[Duncan Shearer 72] ;[Duncan Shearer 74] ;[Scott Booth 89]
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Kind of thinking Bryson will feature on Sunday, but can't think of any other changes, possibly if Devlin is fit, back at c/h & Considine back at l/b & rest Leigh :dunno:

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »
Kind of thinking Bryson will feature on Sunday, but can't think of any other changes, possibly if Devlin is fit, back at c/h & Considine back at l/b & rest Leigh :dunno:

Would be madness to change the back line imo. We've only played 4 euro games and currently, i'd say consi is vastly superior to Devlin. Against a likely brutal team, we need folk that can stand up.

Offline scotfree

• Administrator
  • Rating: 27
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 12:07:40 AM »
Hopefully, we have no injuries after playing this bunch of dirty cunts.
 ::)
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win"
Bill Shankly

Online LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 03:18:19 AM »
I’d love us to play as we did Thursday but I just don’t see it. I fear a physical and ugly slugfest, mainly thanks to Hearts, and either 1-1 or 2-1 us. Will DM over think this and coach to the weaker opposition level or allow us to play to our strength which so far this season appears to be pacy attacking football? Go at them from the start I hope but doubt.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:02:26 AM by LA-Don »

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »
LOoking forward to tomorrow now after the good win on Thursday night, but you know they are going to kick us all over the shop and kill off the entertainment value.

3-0 to us, Sam, Hedges and McGinn.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 09:01:50 AM »
Hope to wake up to a good result tomorrow.  Really intrigued to see how this team fares against sterner opposition.

COYR

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
the tombola has been dusted down
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »
Wright and Wilson in for McGinn and hedges isn’t exactly worthy of the tombola chat, it’s two wide men replacing two others.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:40:16 PM by wee toon red »
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 02:43:32 PM »
 I can understand Mcginn being rested but not sure I agree with resting Hedges. Hearts are a team of 6 foot plus bruisers. Sure they are susceptible to being attacked with pace but first of all we have to match them physically. Hedges is 6ft himself and a lot bulkier than either Wilson or Wright. I hope I'm proven wrong and we stick 5 past them but I just feel neither of the 2 brought in offer much in the way of helping out when Hearts are attacking.

Online LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »
Wright and Wilson have to be highly motivated to perform, ok with that change. Little concerned about Bryson though??

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
wlison has played over 100 games 90% as cf
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline bearsdenred

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 02:57:48 PM »
found a link, for peeps like me working today

https://www.viprow.net/aberdeen-vs-hearts-5-online-stream

Online LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »
Confidence is a wonderful thing, Wilson should have scored the easier chance but lovely finish from Sam!

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 03:23:30 PM »
sam basten
MR GRUMPY IS HERE