Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 702 times)

Online LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 22
Re: Lennon
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
I couldn’t see Milne hiring Lennon. He’s a winner and demanding, I get the impression DM settles and Lennon would have expectations Milne wouldn’t be willing to match. Think Hibs are seeing that at present.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 07:32:40 PM »
I personally wouldn’t want him anywhere near Pittodrie. Class-less prick.

Online tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »
I don't know much about the guy but I am sceptical about this 'he's a winner' statement. As a player yes I can see it but as a manager his only success came at the Tic where I think even Mark McGhee would have won trophies given the resources.

At Bolton he was perhaps unlucky (or perhaps naive) to go to a team with the shadow of administration hanging over them but in the 2 seasons he was there it was relegation battles and i believe a few fallings out with players and suspensions due to comments to officials.

Back up to Hibs he came and perhaps he was fortunate to find them in a division which had finally gotten rid of Hearts & Sevco. Good first 2 seasons and strongish start this season but once again we hear stories of fallings out with players and there have been other incidents coupled with a significant dip in form

You can shout & ball and make all the demands you like but for me you can't be a winner (or a leader) if the people you are leading don't respect you and in the end will not follow you or give you what you want

Mr Lennon reminds me a bit of John Collins
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 08:44:23 PM by tom_widdows »
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -160
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 08:45:21 PM »
I also wouldn't want him anywhere near Pittodrie. He might have been a risk worth considering but his actions this week have proved that he's too loose a cannon. He's not that bright either. I just wish we had a manager with some balls though. Lennon at least has passion and does possess a winner mentality, something that McGhee has in spades actually. But where McGhee just doesn't have any interpersonal or man-management skills whatsoever, and is therefore incapable of managing successfully, I'm starting to think that Lennon also has fatal personality defects that disqualify him from ever being considered.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Online tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »
So the 'Gossip' from the press is Lennon had wanted to sign Christie as part of a deal for John McGinn to the Tic.
Bookies supposedly have Strachan as favourite to take over  :dunno:
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Looking for Gift to inspire a female relative working in a male dominated environment?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Georgopoulos/e/B072XFYNNL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 116
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2019, 08:44:09 PM »
I also wouldn't want him anywhere near Pittodrie. He might have been a risk worth considering but his actions this week have proved that he's too loose a cannon. He's not that bright either. I just wish we had a manager with some balls though. Lennon at least has passion and does possess a winner mentality, something that McGhee has in spades actually. But where McGhee just doesn't have any interpersonal or man-management skills whatsoever, and is therefore incapable of managing successfully, I'm starting to think that Lennon also has fatal personality defects that disqualify him from ever being considered.

Good post.
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>