Author Topic: Levein Punted  (Read 5094 times)

Offline mizer

• Manager
  • Rating: -107
Re: Levein Punted
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »
Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, has his lawyers advice fucked him up or are the SFA employing shite lawyers?

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »
Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, has his lawyers advice fucked him up or are the SFA employing shite lawyers?

I think it is just typical Levein arrogance and failure to admit any wrong doing or incompetence on his behalf. If it were me, I'd happily take the monthly wage whilst either putting my feet up for a bit or improving my golf swing and keeping an eye out for any club management roles coming up.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline dave_min

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 16
  • Look me up on wikipedia y'know
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
I'm led to believe this is standard practice when a football manager is sacked.

It's normally kept behind closed doors though, as naebody is gonna employ a cunt who sued their former club.
That has just gave him another Signature line

NMMG

Offline bloo_toon_red

• First Team
  • Rating: 19
  • The Thinking Man's 5-a-sider (c)
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
I have the feeling it is the latter.  The quote relating to him having been relieved of his duties "without alternatives having been discussed" is common employment law parlance in disputes like this, just not in the archaic world of "professional" football.

He's basically after a settlement whereby he gets paid up compensation similar to that already offered to him but also gets out of the "gardening leave" arrangement that the SFA put him onto.  There's probably some clause in the SFA arrangement that if he takes another job he'll be due to pay back his compo or some such.

Offline maverick sheep

• Captain
  • Rating: -120
  • iViva la diddy federaciĆ³n!
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
of course, whether or not he's legally in the right, he is still a massive fanny.
"The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football."

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this :thumbsup:
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218