Author Topic: Euro 2020 Bid  (Read 4460 times)

Offline dave_min

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 16
  • Look me up on wikipedia y'know
Re: Euro 2020 to be hosted across Europe, Uefa announces
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
I think this is a decent change.

How anyone can thing bringing games closer to fans is a bad thing is beyond me.

I'm not familiar with this artist ???
That has just gave him another Signature line

NMMG

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
I think this is a decent change.

How anyone can thing bringing games closer to fans is a bad thing is beyond me.

Yes on one side of the coin there may be more opportunity to attend a game closer to home, but should Scotland qualify, who knows whether all the group games would be geographically close to each other or not.  I share the scepticism of some in this thread that the fans could get shafted.

Offline maverick sheep

• Captain
  • Rating: -120
  • iViva la diddy federaciĆ³n!
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 11:44:57 AM »
it may or may not be a good idea from the fans' pov. in one way it's a shame as each tournament has a particular identity, and there's a lot more nationalities mingling. if they want more fans to have access then they need to first look at their awful prohibitive ticket pricing.

mainly i think it reflects the fact that staging a major competition in its entirety is a luxury very few (if any) countries in europe can afford.

without something like this, spain, greece, italy would probably not bid for anything for many a year, whereas the odd game here or there they'd be more likely to.

of course it's as much about kick-backs as anything too. but again, if more people can bid, the money the corrupt cunts can demand gets driven up.
"The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football."