Author Topic: finances  (Read 1710 times)

Offline mini59dons

• First Team
  • Rating: 17
Re: finances
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 11:23:32 AM »
They are not millionaires but surely most people can live on £2,500 per month for a wee while, not like there is anything to spend your money on just now anyway.  There is no reason for them to work.  If it is a choice between saving a couple of million or the players coming back slightly less fit then I know what choice I would be inclined to make.  Would be pretty cheesed off if I were an AberDNA contributer and my money was getting p****d down the drain so that Scott McKenna can do a wee bit of work in the community.  Was our celebrity chairman not insisting last week that we would be as well going into the car park and setting fire to a million pounds each month?

Is the alternative not having Scott McKenna leaving the club under breach of contract rules and signing for Celtic?
'mon Rico

Offline puregenius

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
Is the alternative not having Scott McKenna leaving the club under breach of contract rules and signing for Celtic?

If there are no fans at Pittodrie until next year that is another £2.5M out of the kitty in gate receipts before you even think about lost sponsorship and commercial revenue.  They have a massive job on their hands to keep the club afloat, just saying that they should not be spending anything that they do not need to at the moment.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 205
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 07:15:25 PM »
If there are no fans at Pittodrie until next year that is another £2.5M out of the kitty in gate receipts before you even think about lost sponsorship and commercial revenue.  They have a massive job on their hands to keep the club afloat, just saying that they should not be spending anything that they do not need to at the moment.

All of which backs up why Dave said weeks ago that this could send up costing us in excess of £5million.
Fucking grim as it is I'd stake good money on us surviving before a number of other clubs.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »
With league being called Dons have emailed season ticket holders offering a refund in remainder of the season but asking fans not to take it up. Saying it will cost club £1m to refund season ticket holders, sponsors and advertisers. As I am lucky enough to be still working and getting paid full wage I will not be asking for the refund but suspect their are others who will need that money.