Jump to content

Next Match:  Rangers v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Dons vs Well


 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

How bad must mcginn be these days? Stick him up front and he’s much more likely to combine with those around him, he’s got the touch, and a good finisher. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As comfortable as it gets, however one swallow does not a summer make

More enjoyable watch than it has been for some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Far from a classic performance. We still hold onto the ball too long around the box rather than play the killer pass.

Good result though.

I am willing to admit that in the last two games, Kennedy has looked considerably better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good reult, good performance. Fuck knows what the red was for, will be interesting to hear what their manager has to say about it. Some great individual performances with Hedges, Ferguson, Wright, Hoban, Hayes and Taylor all doing well. Kennedy much better when they had ten. Ojo was poor, just doesn't seem to have it in him and with Campbell and now Virtanen there, we have to be using them. Cosgrove frustrating, clearly lacking in confidence. In my mind, we keep playing him in that setup and wait until he comes good. I have every confidence he will and with the other option being Main I just don't see the point. He's been dicked about since returning from injury, the least we can do is give him some good minutes on the pitch and if he continues to fail then move on. This is by far our best setup, just hold with it for a few games and see how it goes. We won't get anywhere switching him in and out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redordead said:

Far from a classic performance. We still hold onto the ball too long around the box rather than play the killer pass.

Good result though.

I am willing to admit that in the last two games, Kennedy has looked considerably better.

Motherwell defended really deep, and they're a solid unit at the back. There were very few opporunities to pick a good pass from the edge, they played like an away team. That's one of the other reasons for cutting Cosgrove some slack, there was very little room in behind or in front of them today.

Agree about Kennedy, he looked okay. I'd still say that he's wasted there and I'd rather see Hedges far up the park, really close to the front two and put Kennedy or McLennan wide right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, what the fuck are we going to do when Wright goes? McLennan not even close to as good and when you take Wright out, Hedges is going to have nobody to pass to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Motherwell defended really deep, and they're a solid unit at the back. There were very few opporunities to pick a good pass from the edge, they played like an away team. That's one of the other reasons for cutting Cosgrove some slack, there was very little room in behind or in front of them today.

Agree about Kennedy, he looked okay. I'd still say that he's wasted there and I'd rather see Hedges far up the park, really close to the front two and put Kennedy or McLennan wide right.

I don’t buy that. We played a lot of high aimless balls again and gave away possession, plus Sam’s movement and ability to find space is terrible. It’s a forwards job to move and get involved.....like Watkins did so well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I don’t buy that. We played a lot of high aimless balls again and gave away possession, plus Sam’s movement and ability to find space is terrible. It’s a forwards job to move and get involved.....like Watkins did so well.

We didn't play that many high balls, there was a minor period in the first half when that was the case, but most of the time we played it on the ground. We played a lot of long balls when Watkins was here too, the notion that we played free flowing fitba throughout every game just isn't true. Watkins regularly received punts to his coupon that he struggled with. Cosgrove took the ball wide plenty of times today, and I think it's when he's at his best (taking it, laying it off, getting in the centre), but I think McInnes has also told him to remain central, hence he gets a few more punts to him. But it was far from the tactic today, it was simply an out ball when nothing else was on, which is the nature of the game in this country. I wouldn't have categorised our play as long ball today. The majority of play went through Hegdes and Wright.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsurprisingly we dominated after the red (can only presume Polworth vocalised what we were all thinking about the refereeing), but we still seem incapable of finishing, which is a big worry.

Also, Ojo has dethroned Taylor as the most likely source of my in-game despair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

We didn't play that many high balls, there was a minor period in the first half when that was the case, but most of the time we played it on the ground. We played a lot of long balls when Watkins was here too, the notion that we played free flowing fitba throughout every game just isn't true. Watkins regularly received punts to his coupon that he struggled with. Cosgrove took the ball wide plenty of times today, and I think it's when he's at his best (taking it, laying it off, getting in the centre), but I think McInnes has also told him to remain central, hence he gets a few more punts to him. But it was far from the tactic today, it was simply an out ball when nothing else was on, which is the nature of the game in this country. I wouldn't have categorised our play as long ball today. The majority of play went through Hegdes and Wright.

Looked like long balls the majority of the time until they went down to 10. Plus when Watkins was here it tended to be longer balls into the channels when Watkins made runs. Still, a win is a win but as many feel, think it’s best for all involved that Sam moves on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better performance yesterday than last week. Thought Kennedy was standout for us. Probably one of his best games for Dons and don’t think it’s any coincidence that it was in a game where he was played further forward. Agree with Rico on Wright that we will struggle to replace him from within the squad. Unless we are offered cash for him in this window I would rather see him play out his contract with us. I know it was only 5 minutes against 10 men but thought Virtanen looked decent in his limited time on the field. Would rather we went with him than give anymore game time to Ojo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jute said:

I know it was only 5 minutes against 10 men but thought Virtanen looked decent in his limited time on the field. 

This. His movement was excellent, going beyond the ball and falling in deep, and he also looks solid enough. I hope we give him much more game time between now and the end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed the game yesterday,sounded a bit more like it apart from the striking dept.Cant find any highlights if someone has some? 👍

Edited by Elgindon
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2021 at 15:16, redordead said:

Wright was our best player last week. Why the hell would he be left out. What a childish attitude.

Because he's signed for the huns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
×
×
  • Create New...