Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

On 13/01/2022 at 10:16, manc_don said:

My folks both have it down in london. Seems like they think they may have got it from the supermarket as they’ve barely been anywhere else. Mild symptoms so far which is hopefully due to the booster. Have another mate who three months after getting it, still has no sense of smell / taste. Glad to hear you’re ok Jute 👍

Glad to hear it was mild symptoms too, certainly don't wish anything otherwise to anyone. I'm just finishing my 10 days of quarantine, mild symptoms too, nothing different to a cold/mild flu I tend to get after Xmas every year when the weather is shitty and I'm run down. Given I haven't received any vaccine, I'd love to know, which we never will, how many people have actually had serious Covid problems who have ZERO other health issues. It's fascinating how some are affected so differently. I also wonder how people know which variant is which when I hear people say they had delta, omicron etc. Now that I finished my 10 days I still cannot celebrate with an indoor pint, pretty much can't do anything in LA, unvaccinated are banned from so many places. Curious if that will ever be lifted.

Also interesting reading the UKs plan B today, sounds like common sense, learn to live and treat this rather than fight it since there has certainly been so much covid change in these two years.

15 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Also interesting reading the UKs plan B today, sounds like common sense, learn to live and treat this rather than fight it since there has certainly been so much covid change in these two years.

By UK are you refering to the tories attempting to distract from their civil war by removing all restrictions in England?

Smacks to me of a general defending the castle telling their soldiers to stand down as most of the attackers seem to have been killed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

By UK are you refering to the tories attempting to distract from their civil war by removing all restrictions in England?

Smacks to me of a general defending the castle telling their soldiers to stand down as most of the attackers seem to have been killed

You know more than me as I assume you live there. Just sounded to me that we've accepted that it's a battle that cannot be won and we should learn to live and deal with it.

On 07/01/2022 at 00:13, HaarDon said:

^^^COVID is horrible but the chances of catching it and having severe complications are very slim. 

Really?

Tell that to all the relatives of the 5.3 million who have died from it or were all those car crashes?

I've heard or read about people throughout my decades who died or had health problems after taking aspirin, alka seltzer, had side effects, were allergic to certain medications, had heart attacks from pills, etc etc.

We all know this happens. Unfortunately it's a part of life that there will be adverse reactions to medicine.

Some people will die after getting behind a wheel of a car. Some surfers will get bitten by sharks. Some workmen will fall from ladders.Some people will choke on oysters.Some fisherman will drown at sea.

The list is endless.

Will you ever swim again or drive again?

I havnt heard anyone ever say after being interviewed that they are genuinely frightened of getting a tested vaccine that's proven to be extremely successful.

It's always been about anger that their freedoms have been taken away or something religious as manc said before.

It's utter bollocks and people just jumping on a wobbly bandwagon. Look at me I'm different.

Like conspiracy theorists...full of shit.

Are you expecting in years to come that all our legs will drop off or we will all have heart attacks or something?

What can possibly happen to your body after weeks, months or years having got the vaccine which has been approved by the WHO and tons of leading, brilliant scientists?

Experts have been stated that blood clots can occur from getting covid if unvaccinated!

Blood clots can occur from numerous different types of medicine.

If you have genuine existing health problems then don't get the vaccine but otherwise everyone should get it or they're just being awkward because their friend said something or a group they're in did.

Sounds like the old firm support when you ask them why they hate the 'other' sides supporters.

Zero argument except a hated response.

It's not about whether you're intelligent or not either. It's whether you want to get past your propaganda fears and get back yo some sort of normality.

Also Djokovic is a dickhead!

Apart from being an attention seeker, he's a selfish bastard too.

He's unvaxxed yet travelling internationally and thinks he can just enter Australia because Tennis Australia allowed him to play in the tournament.

Genuine medical conditions my arse. That doesn't seem to bother him when he's partying with hundreds does it?

I don't know you but you sound the angry guy and I don't know why. I guess you are just extremely provax and that's fine, I don't hate you for that. To each their own, but we should live to try to respect difference, not fight it. I just don't think you are either fully informed or are willing to hear the other side, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. Is it not narrow minded just to ignore one side? It sounds like you are hard core provax and just slam and hate the other. You reference the old firm support, similarity here?

You slam Djokovic, are you aware of all the good he has done for people? (non vaccine related.) If you really look you'll hear people talk about he's the first to stand up and fight for his peers and how, in his hour of need, he was left hanging. Horrible situation, and he should have never even have gone to Australia, but consider this. The CDC came out on Wednesday of this week statically stating that natural immunity is stronger than a vaccine. Djokovic had natural immunity plus watched a peer lose his career and livelihood from the vaccine. He's a super health conscious guy, not in an at risk category, why should he take the vaccine? I also don't understand how natural immunity has been so flatly ignored. You referenced him out partying. He's super healthy and not worried about covid, and like me, has more worry about an unproven vaccine with mounting evidence backing up his concern. Why is that so bad?

From what I saw today, 5.6 mil have died worldwide of covid from a world population of 7.9 billion. That's a 0.0007% chance of death, and 343.3m reported cases, that's a 0.043% chance of catching it. That's why I said the chances of catching it and having severe complications are slim. I don't think I am wrong here. I certainly feel for those hurt and certainly those who died, but it, in the bigger picture, is a low number. I just had covid, day 10 today, I assessed risk and made my choice. It's my right to do that. I also live in a community where I care for others, do things for others, help others, including pay a fortune in health insurance so that others benefit. Just because I don't inject relatively unknown drugs shouldn't make me an unselfish prick shunned by many in society. I just don't think that's right.

You are correct about adverse reactions to medicine, but these adverse reactions are clearly and publicly stated and have been learned through years of research and study. That's why people are given the option to choose, risk versus benefit. Almost every reference you made, swimming, ladders, drugs, cars, is where you are given a choice. Why don't you respect the choice of taking this vaccine when we know people are having severe reactions?

The covid vaccines are too new and they don't fully understand the reactions, hence the blood clots we're learning about, inflamed hearts etc. There is not vaccine history to relate to so taking then vaccine is a leap of faith, and these were vaccines rushed out, steps skipped, because of understandable desperation. You don't think there should be any concern, especially when you are hearing of people with problems, even dying from them? Are these people worth considering or do we simply ignore them?

You seem blindly happy to believe you are safe and believe the minimal scientific evidence, I commend you for that. I wish I thought that way, but I am just a lot more skeptical. There are scientists that are well educated, well qualified, and way smarter than us that are expressing concerns. Is it fair of you to say there are brilliant scientists pushing safety while ignoring the brilliant scientists saying the opposite? You reference propaganda yet I see it exactly the same way with you. You've bought into one side and don't even want to consider the other.

Edited by LA-Don

2 hours ago, LA-Don said:

You know more than me as I assume you live there. Just sounded to me that we've accepted that it's a battle that cannot be won and we should learn to live and deal with it.

Devolved nations have their own plans. Bug bear of mine is seeing the national and international press using the term UK for something on happening in England.
Believe there is a record of someone in the tory cabinet stating the pandemic was 'an opportunity' and not in the sense of 'we can use this to learn from our mistake of scrapping the pandemic response teams we have spent millions on for the last decade and revolutionise the health system so it is well funded, well supported etc'. More 'we can make a killing here in more ways than one'

Tories are on the ropes and even the Daily Mail is on their backs now they wont cut VAT on heating bills, despite it being pretty much the only 'promise' about brexit they can keep. The irony being it was the tory goverment of the 1990s who introduced it in the first place
Suddenly lifting all the restricitons when there are still more than 50000 cases a day (and thats with a shortage a testing equipment) is them trying to appease a public that has turned on them.

Given a chance the tories would have adopted the Belarus model and had little or no restrictions from the beginning, and if you happened to die, or suffer long term illness....well it would be because you were stupid because only stupid people get sick, or die in fires etc

Nearly 12 years of this shite and come the next election the same fuckwits will go and vote for them again while on the opposite side, the same fuckwits wont bother to vote at all and the cycle continues.

I fully expect to see the rest of the world adapting to live with covid, whilst the GB still under tory rule remains a plague island.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LA-Don said:

I don't know you but you sound the angry guy and I don't know why. I guess you are just extremely provax and that's fine, I don't hate you for that. To each their own, but we should live to try to respect difference, not fight it. I just don't think you are either fully informed or are willing to hear the other side, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. Is it not narrow minded just to ignore one side? It sounds like you are hard core provax and just slam and hate the other. You reference the old firm support, similarity here?

You slam Djokovic, are you aware of all the good he has done for people? (non vaccine related.) If you really look you'll hear people talk about he's the first to stand up and fight for his peers and how, in his hour of need, he was left hanging. Horrible situation, and he should have never even have gone to Australia, but consider this. The CDC came out on Wednesday of this week statically stating that natural immunity is stronger than a vaccine. Djokovic had natural immunity plus watched a peer lose his career and livelihood from the vaccine. He's a super health conscious guy, not in an at risk category, why should he take the vaccine? I also don't understand how natural immunity has been so flatly ignored. You referenced him out partying. He's super healthy and not worried about covid, and like me, has more worry about an unproven vaccine with mounting evidence backing up his concern. Why is that so bad?

From what I saw today, 5.6 mil have died worldwide of covid from a world population of 7.9 billion. That's a 0.0007% chance of death, and 343.3m reported cases, that's a 0.043% chance of catching it. That's why I said the chances of catching it and having severe complications are slim. I don't think I am wrong here. I certainly feel for those hurt and certainly those who died, but it, in the bigger picture, is a low number. I just had covid, day 10 today, I assessed risk and made my choice. It's my right to do that. I also live in a community where I care for others, do things for others, help others, including pay a fortune in health insurance so that others benefit. Just because I don't inject relatively unknown drugs shouldn't make me an unselfish prick shunned by many in society. I just don't think that's right.

You are correct about adverse reactions to medicine, but these adverse reactions are clearly and publicly stated and have been learned through years of research and study. That's why people are given the option to choose, risk versus benefit. Almost every reference you made, swimming, ladders, drugs, cars, is where you are given a choice. Why don't you respect the choice of taking this vaccine when we know people are having severe reactions?

The covid vaccines are too new and they don't fully understand the reactions, hence the blood clots we're learning about, inflamed hearts etc. There is not vaccine history to relate to so taking then vaccine is a leap of faith, and these were vaccines rushed out, steps skipped, because of understandable desperation. You don't think there should be any concern, especially when you are hearing of people with problems, even dying from them? Are these people worth considering or do we simply ignore them?

You seem blindly happy to believe you are safe and believe the minimal scientific evidence, I commend you for that. I wish I thought that way, but I am just a lot more skeptical. There are scientists that are well educated, well qualified, and way smarter than us that are expressing concerns. Is it fair of you to say there are brilliant scientists pushing safety while ignoring the brilliant scientists saying the opposite? You reference propaganda yet I see it exactly the same way with you. You've bought into one side and don't even want to consider the other.

You may admire Djokovic to stand up for his beliefs but he entered a country unvaxxed which clearly stipulates you must be vaxxed unless you have medical eexemption.

As a top athlete, he did not!

Having caught the disease before doesnt make you exempt from entering Australia.

He even admitted he lied on his forms.

But what did it for me was the fact he knew he had covid yet took photos with kids and adults and didn't give a shit about passing it on.

The Serbian prime minister even said Djokovic was 'tortured and tormented'' in Australia.🤣

There's no doubt he's one of the greatest tennis players of all time but his integrity is definitely fucked now I would say.

Yeah attitudes like this do anger me when I have a son with asthma and a dad in a care home.

And there is division. There should be.

For example, we've seen what some Americans will do when asked to get vaccinated or locked down.

Stand in their lawns with semi automatic machine guns...storm buildings resulting in deaths etc etc.

They have a right to do this of course yeah?

I mean let's respect them for that yeah?

Bullshit!

The human race baffles me at times but there's always been supporters of the ridiculous.

Bojo and Trump being perfect modern day examples.

I would even categorise non vaxxers as extremists.

Can you imagine the deaths in the world right now if nobody was vaccinated at all?

Remember the footage of mass graves in Brazil?

According to figures 9.82 billion doses have been administered globally with 28.95 doses administered each day.

The only way to live with covid is to protect everyone as best we can and live life as we ALL used to, by getting vaccinations.

. Almost every reference you made, swimming, ladders, drugs, cars, is where you are given a choice. Why don't you respect the choice of taking this vaccine when we know people are having severe reactions?

None of these actions hurt or kill others directly^^^

Edited by HaarDon
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We finally had confirmation (subject to Covid playing ball) that our borders will be loosening at the end of the month. With folk from the rest of the world starting to come at some point before July.  Personally, I think it is a bit slow and not quite sure why aussies aren't allowed back as the same time as kiwis that live in aussie, but there we go. Probably due to Scomo's conservative policies. 

We've had some pathetic attempts at a convoy of "trucks" copying the losers in Canadia over the last few days.  hilarious as most of them didn't even have any trucks in them. Just a bunch of jumped up anti vax / anti govt / racist arseholes cruising in their utes around the country, culminating in them arriving in Wellington and terrorising the people in the city.  A few folk were running across motorways yesterday, they really are the bottom feeders of society.

They're now outside parliament threatening to lynch politicians...coincidence that a company called counterspin with links to the fat racist fuck Bannon was set up recently in NZ? Don't think so. We've seen a rise in yank style "politics" here, and a huge number of trump, confederate and american flags at these idiot marches.  If only we did live in the authoritarian state they claim to, they'd all be gone 🤣

Anyway, anti vaxxers here are in the huge minority, uptake of the booster has been huge and our numbers are very good.  Weirdly it may help us by being a bit slower on our actual roll out (looking at Israel)

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 18:16, manc_don said:

My folks both have it down in london. Seems like they think they may have got it from the supermarket as they’ve barely been anywhere else. Mild symptoms so far which is hopefully due to the booster. Have another mate who three months after getting it, still has no sense of smell / taste. Glad to hear you’re ok Jute 👍

Was. Been told by Doctors that I have a chest infection as a result of having long COVID. Lungs are apparently only operating at 75% currently so on the roids and antibiotics for next while. So much for cruising through it. 

34 minutes ago, Jute said:

Was. Been told by Doctors that I have a chest infection as a result of having long COVID. Lungs are apparently only operating at 75% currently so on the roids and antibiotics for next while. So much for cruising through it. 

Hey Jute hope you get better dude.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Cheers. Other than sore chest from coughing feel fine. Pretty sure it will be just a case of taking tablets for a few days to clear it. 

So was it Delta rather than Omicron you had then ?  A mate of mine had the former in start of November still has reduced lung capacity.  Hope you recovery quickly.

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

So was it Delta rather than Omicron you had then ?  A mate of mine had the former in start of November still has reduced lung capacity.  Hope you recovery quickly.

Got it at end of December so more likely to have been Omicron but no idea. They never said if the reduced lung capacity was anything to do initial COVID infection or the secondary that I have now.

10 hours ago, Jute said:

I second the motion that it'd be great for the forum if you didn't die, so get well soon.

Edited by RicoS321
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 21:59, Jute said:

Wtf that is rubbish Jute get taking those antibiotics - I would say take it easy but I'm very pally with your wife and no idea when we'll be home on Saturday 🤪

2 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

Wtf that is rubbish Jute get taking those antibiotics - I would say take it easy but I'm very pally with your wife and no idea when we'll be home on Saturday 🤪

She is getting old now and can’t do the all day drinking thing so fair chance you will be carrying her tomorrow. 

Pills are doing the trick and chest is easing but doctor had me shitting it today as apparently I was borderline for being hospitalised on Tuesday. Genuinely didn’t think I was that bad. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jute said:

She is getting old now and can’t do the all day drinking thing so fair chance you will be carrying her tomorrow. 

Pills are doing the trick and chest is easing but doctor had me shitting it today as apparently I was borderline for being hospitalised on Tuesday. Genuinely didn’t think I was that bad. 

Tbf I can't do it either so maybe just a couple of shandies 😂

Wtf you must have got a fright - such a nasty disease if it takes a hold 

Thanks Rico, really interesting article. I'm fascinated by everyone's covid experience, here in the US is very different even state to state, like California and LA county to Florida for example, and different from Britain, Australia, New Zealand etc. Every culture has a different approach and attitude, and I think Brits in general are more likely to conform whereas in the US this country was founded on antiestablishment and freedom from places like Britain. I think that's a factor in mentality.

One thing that sticks out to me is the ties between big pharma and the US govt., Fauci, and the CDC etc. We know the govt. is corrupt, just look at what is coming out about the 2016 election right now for example. It's hard to trust an agency who is financed by the very companies producing the drugs, especially when big pharma has paid out billions in vaccine lawsuits. They do make mistakes, and regularly. And you see this govt. went all in and it's hard for them to adapt as the situation evolves and science says otherwise, especially if it means speaking out, contradicting, or even going against the very companies that pay you so handsomely.

Lastly, interesting what is going on with Joe Rogan and spotify. All of this is mainly as a result of his interviews with Dr. Robert Malone and Dr. Peter McCullough. Those two are two of the most experienced and credentialed people in their fields relating to mRNA and internal medicine/cardiology. Who gets to determine misinformation? Who gets to fact check some but not others? Very difficult when very qualified and educated people say very different things.

• Like 1