Aberdeen v Motherwell

Stand Free!

Wales/Belgium double header October 2012

Jute

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'm planning on going to these. Road trip down on the Thursday night?

Train from Cardiff to Belgium?

My basic plan is to fly down to Cardiff on Thursday and stay there until the Sunday. On the Sunday get the train to somewhere in Belgium (preferably not Brussels) and stay there until Tuesday. Train up to Brussels on the Tuesday morning stay there on Tuesday night then head away from there on the Wednesday to either Amsterdam, Krefeld or Paris and get a flight home from there maybe after a another couple of days.

If i haven't passed my SFA exam and working in my hopeful new career which will mean getting free Scotland trips then i'll be going (unless of course i happen to be dead by that time in which case i won't be going)

David Goodwilles stroop sooker??

That not bitchy, thats a standard response to a obscure post you clearly want us to ask about. We have nae seen you in ages so how the fuck are we meant to know what your new job is? **Im saying this with a smile, nae anger or any negativity **

Fuck sake its nae like we are abusing you like Duncans tiny wee heid!

That not bitchy, thats a standard response to a obscure post you clearly want us to ask about. We have nae seen you in ages so how the fuck are we meant to know what your new job is? **Im saying this with a smile, nae anger or any negativity **

Fuck sake its nae like we are abusing you like Duncans tiny wee heid!

:lolabove: :lolabove:

• 5 weeks later...

Been looking at this and basic plan is now as follows;

Thursday 11th October fly/train down to Cardiff. Stay in either Etap or Ibis in Cardiff until 14th October. If booked quickly train is £28 to £46 depending on the route.

Sunday 14th October get train from Cardiff to Ghent in Belgium. If booked in advance should be about £68 single. Stay there until Tuesday 16th October.

Tuesday 16th October get train to Brussels stay their until Friday 19th October then fly home from Charelroi to Edinburgh (currently £53).

Hotels in Cardiff are not cheap averaging £80 for a double room although Etap might come in a bit less than that. Hotels in Ghent and Brussels coming in at £50 to £60 a night.

Thoughts?

Thursday 11th October fly/train down to Cardiff. Stay in either Etap or Ibis in Cardiff until 14th October. If booked quickly train is £28 to £46 depending on the route.

- I've only got the Friday off work, so will have to go down either Thursday night, or early on Friday. We not hiring a car and doing a roadtrip down?  ;D

Sunday 14th October get train from Cardiff to Ghent in Belgium. If booked in advance should be about £68 single. Stay there until Tuesday 16th October.

- This the Eurostar? At what point can we actually book this as I had a look last week and it doesn't go very far in advance.

Tuesday 16th October get train to Brussels stay their until Friday 19th October then fly home from Charelroi to Edinburgh (currently £53).

- I need to come back on the Wednesday so not sure what the easiest/cheapest way will be.

If some poor sucker is prepared to drive the rest of the drunken lunatics then would be up for a car to Cardiff.

Eurostar is up for booking 3 months in advance.

Coming back on the Wednesday is already over GBP 150. Might be cheaper getting train down to Paris or up to Amsterdam and back from there.

If some poor sucker is prepared to drive the rest of the drunken lunatics then would be up for a car to Cardiff.

Eurostar is up for booking 3 months in advance.

Coming back on the Wednesday is already over GBP 150. Might be cheaper getting train down to Paris or up to Amsterdam and back from there.

You can hire a car and pay a bit extra to leave it at the Cardiff depot. The driver would have course have to be bought drinks all day on the Friday to compensate for his sober trip down  :thumbsup:

3 months in advance aint great. We happy to risk waiting til then? As I guess all trains/flights will be sky high by then.

Can come back on the Wednseday quite cheap still. Brussels to Glasgow/Edin is between 95-120 quid via a few random places in Engerland. I'm gonna be booking mine soon.

Where is the game on the Tuesday night, Brussels? There's 2 airports there, is one much easier than the other?

Who else out of the usual suspects is planning on going to this then?

I'm wanting to book a return flight soon but will hang off if other people are likely to be coming back on the Wednesday.

Chimp was talking about if at Arabs game. Mizer was also talking about it. Donald also considering. As it is only away trip of the year would think a good few others may also join in.