Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

The true face of Celtic FC

A separate legal entity, good lord.

I read that this morning, fucking horrendous. I don't believe that there was some overarching Tim conspiracy that provided a haven for predators, but there was clearly an attitude at the time that they could brush it all under the carpet, which led to others being victims. A Savileseque tragedy like. In many ways, the reaction to it all is as humiliating as the act. The extent to which a private company will go to protect its profits - because that is what this is now about - is obscene. It'd be interesting to see how many players went through the Celtic boys club system in those days and how integrated with the club it was. It was allowed to use their name, their strips, their facilities etc etc, but was retained as a separate entity for whatever reason. Does that mean that the boys club was recompensed every time they brought a player through and that they were part of a competing marketplace whereby they supplied players to all clubs - to the highest bidder? Or are Celtic free to credit themselves for every single player that came through the system, apart from those that were abused?

If it were the dons in this situation, I'd hand back my season ticket and be on here arguing that everyone should do similar. I'd expect a big campaign from supporters to force the club to do the right thing. Are Celtic fans doing this at scale? Why not? Two cheeks indeed. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I'd be in the minority of dons' fans. The partisan relationship supporters have for their clubs is irrational at best, so perhaps most would justify it by taking the club's line or arguing that it was a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I read that this morning, fucking horrendous. I don't believe that there was some overarching Tim conspiracy that provided a haven for predators, but there was clearly an attitude at the time that they could brush it all under the carpet, which led to others being victims. A Savileseque tragedy like. In many ways, the reaction to it all is as humiliating as the act. The extent to which a private company will go to protect its profits - because that is what this is now about - is obscene. It'd be interesting to see how many players went through the Celtic boys club system in those days and how integrated with the club it was. It was allowed to use their name, their strips, their facilities etc etc, but was retained as a separate entity for whatever reason. Does that mean that the boys club was recompensed every time they brought a player through and that they were part of a competing marketplace whereby they supplied players to all clubs - to the highest bidder? Or are Celtic free to credit themselves for every single player that came through the system, apart from those that were abused?

If it were the dons in this situation, I'd hand back my season ticket and be on here arguing that everyone should do similar. I'd expect a big campaign from supporters to force the club to do the right thing. Are Celtic fans doing this at scale? Why not? Two cheeks indeed. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I'd be in the minority of dons' fans. The partisan relationship supporters have for their clubs is irrational at best, so perhaps most would justify it by taking the club's line or arguing that it was a long time ago.

Celtic supporters will defend anything, just look at Scott Brown's defence of obvious racist Tonev, even after he was convicted of racially abusing Logan. He went on a victim blaming rant. He should also have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute, being an advocate of racist abuse. He was Scotland captain at the time ffs.

The Celtic View sold copy and took credit for the boys club's success. That alone shows a blatantly obvious link between the youth team and the senior club. They made money out of the sales of the Celtic View, which took credit for the youth team's success. It could not be any more clear and obvious that both are one and the same club.

As for Torbett being sacked and brought back again, words fail me on that. Certainly lends credence to the BJK argument. I'm not certain Big Jock was the unimpeachable character he seems to have become since his untimely demise in the dugout. In fact, there's a chance he would have been in court too if he was still alive.

27 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

In an article full of revolting and shocking events, the threats and other abuse aimed at Andy Gray's sister and mother from (presumably) Celtic fans is almost as disturbing as anything else.

43 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

In an article full of revolting and shocking events, the threats and other abuse aimed at Andy Gray's sister and mother from (presumably) Celtic fans is almost as disturbing as anything else.

Yes that was vile.

Torbett sounded as if he was well connected, which maybe aided him in getting away with it for some time. Barry Bennell was a similar character.

52 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

That was bad, but also quite easy to deflect and pass blame onto a handful of nutters that all support has (or it could have been connections of torbett or whatever), which is likely the case. It takes the heat off the missing millions (billions?) of Celtic fans who are handing their money to a club that's deliberately shirking its responsibility to the victims with the use of an organisational technicality. They're the ones that are morally wrong here, they're the ones that allow this type of shite to happen with their look the other way, it was somebody else, attitude. Unless they are doing something, and I'm not aware of it, which wouldn't surprise me!

Lennon has lost the plot, and the knives are out for him. He has no idea who leaked his team last week before the bigot fest.

I think they are there for the taking, both by AC Milan, and Aberdeen. I'm not sure his players are playing for him anymore.

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Lennon has lost the plot, and the knives are out for him. He has no idea who leaked his team last week before the bigot fest.

I think they are there for the taking, both by AC Milan, and Aberdeen. I'm not sure his players are playing for him anymore.

Aye, a pity it's not the semi this weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well watching that shower last night whilst hugely satisfying does however make our failure to lay a glove on them to any great extent all the more annoying, as they patently are nowhere near the side they were.

If the knives weren't out for Lennon before, they most certainly are now.

Reckon if we'd actually beaten them last Sunday then Lennon would be out the door by mid day today.

On 06/11/2020 at 09:09, BigAl said:

Well watching that shower last night whilst hugely satisfying does however make our failure to lay a glove on them to any great extent all the more annoying, as they patently are nowhere near the side they were.

If the knives weren't out for Lennon before, they most certainly are now.

Reckon if we'd actually beaten them last Sunday then Lennon would be out the door by mid day today.

Said the last paragraph to one of the Victims I work with and he did not disagree. He thinks it will only take 1 more league defeat for the board to act. Thing is that might be to late to stop Tribute Act winning the league.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I heard that at Celtic Park was the day he retired as a player and took it upon himself to address the crowd at the end of the game.
The Tic officials seemingly forgot to tell the cops they should let the Dons fans leave at the final whistle rather than the standard lock in so he got a more entertaining goodbye than planned.

Let us all not forget

HE'S A WINNER!!!

Edited by tom_widdows

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Last time I heard that at Celtic Park was the day he retired as a player and took it upon himself to address the crowd at the end of the game.
The Tic officials seemingly forgot to tell the cops they should let the Dons fans leave at the final whistle rather than the standard lock in so he got a more entertaining goodbye than planned.

Let us all not forget

HE'S A WINNER!!!

Told us sheep to pipe down from memory?

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Told us sheep to pipe down from memory?

He did which got a very short chuckle/ cheer from the 'greatest fans in the world' but that quickly turned to a sea of BOOs when the next chorus of 'Lennon Get Ta Fuck' started. Seem to recall a few Tic fans complaining they coudlnt hear what he said in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

So after all the bragging about the quadruple treble from these arseholes claiming to have achieved something never achieved in world football  it transpires it isn't a world record as it has been done FIVE TIMES IN A ROW by Lincoln Red Imps.

Told my Tim supporting mate about this and he replied and I quote " Ach well maybe, but they are nobodies"

Delighted to rind him theyare the same nobodies that cuffed Rodger's team in first leg tie in Europe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...