Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: McGhee: ‘I can make Aberdeen FC great again’

McGhee: ‘I can make Aberdeen FC great again’

McGhee’s plea to supporters after players criticised

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 10/02/2010

PLEA: Mark McGhee wants the Aberdeen FC fans to back him and the team, even when the going gets tough.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today made an impassioned plea for the Red Army to finally show they are behind his bid to make the club great again.

In an amazingly frank interview, McGhee accused the fans of not giving him a fair break so far, despite his history as an Aberdeen FC player.

Seeing his team openly slated by some of their own fans during last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup was the final straw for McGhee.

Fans chanted ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ at the Aberdeen FC team as they battled to grab a late equaliser.

Who cares what he's done for the club in the past? It's what he does now that's important. He got our respect as a player but he's back to square one as a manager.

Very true.

How anyone can expect respect and praise, for what they achieved at this club 30 years ago, from the fans, on one hand. While on the other castigating the same fans for living on and expecting similar, to those same past glories.

It almost has the same unintentional irony and revisionism as an AFChat post.

Very true.

How anyone can expect respect and praise, for what they achieved at this club 30 years ago, from the fans, on one hand. While on the other castigating the same fans for living on and expecting similar, to those same past glories.

It almost has the same unintentional irony and revisionism as an AFChat post.

Mcghees username on there is STFU_U_CNTS83.

Or in your case, about 40 squares behind that.

I've no agenda against McGhee Nellie, I didn't rate him as a manager at Motherwell so obviously I wasn't overly pleased he was appointed but he gets as much time as any other manager. I absolutely despised calderwood when he took over so McGhee gets more of a chance from me than he did. I haven't abused or barracked McGhee once since he took over.

Who cares what he's done for the club in the past? It's what he does now that's important. He got our respect as a player but he's back to square one as a manager.

I think that was McGhee's point if you read the full interview? He was saying he's just like any other manager, he wasn't moaning that folk don't treat him better just pointing out the media think he's treated as a legend and given more patience when its not the case.

I think that was McGhee's point if you read the full interview? He was saying he's just like any other manager, he wasn't moaning that folk don't treat him better just pointing out the media think he's treated as a legend and given more patience when its not the case.

That's fair play then. I don't read newspapers so I haven't read the whole thing.

Guest rocket debris

How anyone can expect respect and praise, for what they achieved at this club 30 years ago...

How can anyone think that he would expect that? Where did you get this hypothesis?