Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Milne Loses £310 million

And Rangers owner Sir David Murray, 57, has also seen his fortune plunge by £220million - he is now believed to be worth around £550million.

Another soccer supremo feeling the pinch is the Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne. The construction firm boss, 58, has lost £90million, cutting his worth to £310million.

FROM THE NOTW.

Must of only been £90mill hes lost. Even with all of the financial shit thats going dont you think if he had lost £310 million he would of put us up for sale a long time ago?

If he's lost that much, I'm surprised he hasn't. Although its not costing him to run the club is it? We are in debt to him and the bank are we not? I'd imagine, a number of projects are just lying in wait to be finished, and once the economy picks up, he'll be able to sell them on. Could be wrong though.

Well, the truth is out.

Murray was worth £720m and how much did Rangers spend last summer?

Milne was worth £400m and how much did we spend last summer?

The truth is - Milne is the problem with AFC.

No.

Milne is the only reason that the bank hasn't kicked our door down and sold everything.

Well, the truth is out.

Ya know

its almost getting to the stage that I hope milne just walks away and takes his money etc with him, and the banks pull the plug on the club just so some of our support can be educated in how the world of finance works.

Well, the truth is out.

Ahh i can't believe i didnt know it was that simple! i was thinking Rangers could spend more because they had a much much bigger turnover etc...

Milne isnt the problem, not currently anyway.  He may have contributed to the cause of the problems we're facing, overseeing a huge over spend in the 90's but just now he is the only one carrying the club.  

In addition to that it seems like he realised we were on a slippery slope early on and started cost cutting, leaving us in a much better state than some other clubs in the SPL.

And David Murray isn't the best example to use, Rangers are royally fucked

Ahh i can't believe i didnt know it was that simple! i was thinking Rangers could spend more because they had a much much bigger turnover etc...

Milne isnt the problem, not currently anyway.  He may have contributed to the cause of the problems we're facing, overseeing a huge over spend in the 90's but just now he is the only one carrying the club.  

In addition to that it seems like he realised we were on a slippery slope early on and started cost cutting, leaving us in a much better state than some other clubs in the SPL.

And David Murray isn't the best example to use, Rangers are royally fucked

:clap:

things will be ok once this economic thing is over . stewart milne have plenty projects lined up but won't start them until someone wants them . the figures will rise as quick as they fell i.m.o .

Maybe so but Milne will still be a tight fisted fanny who will spend the square root of fuckall..

I can't get my head round how someone can 'lose' £310million.  Now, a 10 spot or a 20 note I can understand as a pose to losing £310million, that makes no sense to me.  Terribly confused.

Have you everconsidered getting a job with the RBS?

You sound perfect for the position.

I can't get my head round how someone can 'lose' £310million.  Now, a 10 spot or a 20 note I can understand as a pose to losing £310million, that makes no sense to me.  Terribly confused.

Because he owns lots of property so if the value of that goes down the value he is worth will go down as well. So if he owns 100 properties that were worth £500,000 a year ago and are now all worth £400,000 he has lost £10 million.

I'm struggling to see how you've come to that conclusion Mr Min.

because of losing so much money and not knowing where it went and not understanding money. It was a joke ;)

Milne has lost value, not actual cash. So he would have been worth 400million, now his company is worth 310million as projects have materialised or born any fruit yet. This will probably change once the economy picks up in a year or so time. He'll be feeling the heat just now, but he will know that it will not last forever. Just not had any buyers for his sites/houses etc.... Hope that clears it up for you :thumbsup:

I understand money, I just didn't understand how Milne had 'lost' his.

You obviously didn't either, hence the reason you hadn't clarified it, as a pose to Andrew who did.  So thankyou Andrew.

I did.

I chose to make a joke instead.

I stand by my decision.