Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Jimmy’s promise to sort out Dons

Boss’ faith in players

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 06/10/2008

DEFIANT Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood today promised their worried fans he will haul them away from the foot of the SPL.

A 2-1 home defeat by Hibs – and St Mirren’s shock 1-0 home triumph over Rangers – has sent Aberdeen to the bottom of the SPL table for the first time in eight years.

The Dons have also lost their last five matches, but Calderwood is refusing to press the panic button.

He claimed he has “100% faith†that he and his players can still turn things around.

Calderwood said: “I’m hurting just as much as the supporters when I look at the league table at the moment.

“It’s up to us to sort it out and do it quickly – and I can promise the fans we will.

“No-one is going to help us, that’s for sure.

“None of the other SPL sides will be feeling sorry for Aberdeen or Jimmy Calderwood.

“They will be delighted to see that it’s us down at the bottom taking all the stick.

“But I have 100% faith in my players and know they will get us back up to where we should be.

“They won’t hide, they will take it a as a slight on their own personal pride that they’ve somehow managed to let us slip down to bottom spot.

“I’m confident they will react positively when we play Falkirk in our next match.â€

Calderwood refused to slate his team for losing to Hibs, He revealed he actually went into the dressing room after the game and thanked them for their efforts.

Calderwood said: “My face is usually like thunder after games when we’ve lost.

“But that was an honest performance from the players, so I made a point of thanking them for their efforts.

“You can’t knock people for going to their work and doing their best then getting their day spoiled by the actions of others.â€

The Dons are inactive this weekend because Scotland are playing, so Calderwood has decided to give his players a few extra days off.

“This will probably be the last break they get between now and the end of the season†he said.

“Spending some time with their families will let them recharge their batteries and come back ready to make the big push to get us back up the table. “If the Hibs defeat had been down to a lack of effort I would have cancelled the break, but it’s the best thing for them.â€

WHAT DO YOU THINK? CAN CALDERWOOD TURN ABERDEEN’S FORTUNES AROUND? EMAIL ee.sport@ajl.co.uk

thumbnail.aspx?refId=1950127&refRef=img&style=full

Arr he be an angry pirate!

Boss’ faith in players

By Charlie Allan  Wave

Published: 06/10/2008

DEFIANT Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood today promised their worried fans he will haul them away from the foot of the SPL.

A 2-1 home defeat by Hibs – and St Mirren’s shock 1-0 home triumph over Rangers – has sent Aberdeen to the bottom of the SPL table for the first time in eight years.

The Dons have also lost their last five matches, but Calderwood is refusing to press the panic button.

He claimed he has “100% faith†that he and his players can still turn things around.

Calderwood said: “I’m hurting just as much as the supporters when I look at the league table at the moment.

“It’s up to us to sort it out and do it quickly – and I can promise the fans we will.

“No-one is going to help us, that’s for sure.

“None of the other SPL sides will be feeling sorry for Aberdeen or Jimmy Calderwood.

“They will be delighted to see that it’s us down at the bottom taking all the stick.

“But I have 100% faith in my players and know they will get us back up to where we should be.

“They won’t hide, they will take it a as a slight on their own personal pride that they’ve somehow managed to let us slip down to bottom spot.

“I’m confident they will react positively when we play Falkirk in our next match.â€

Calderwood refused to slate his team for losing to Hibs, He revealed he actually went into the dressing room after the game and thanked them for their efforts.

Calderwood said: “My face is usually like thunder after games when we’ve lost.

“But that was an honest performance from the players, so I made a point of thanking them for their efforts.

“You can’t knock people for going to their work and doing their best then getting their day spoiled by the actions of others.â€

The Dons are inactive this weekend because Scotland are playing, so Calderwood has decided to give his players a few extra days off.

“This will probably be the last chance I get to top up my tan between now and the end of the season, and anyway I've paid for my flights now†he said.

“Spending some time in the sun will do me some good, if Willie Miller had said I was likely to get the dunt  I would have cancelled the break, but he didn't so I'm not.â€

WHAT DO YOU THINK? CAN CALDERWOOD TURN ABERDEEN’S FORTUNES AROUND? EMAIL ee.sport@ajl.co.uk

;)

Someone tell me how Mr Calderwoods going to sort this out, watching Aberdeen must come with a health warning. Stewart Milne is the main problem, before he came on board the club was in quite a good way but building the Richard Donald Stand put us in debt and Stewart Milne came in when the dons couldnt afford to pay the rest, i love my dons but how many times have we heard calderwood promise this and that, we have some talented players and some not to talented players, the problem is that they cant play together, why leave Young on the bench when he is the only battler on the pitch, i have a very funny feeling that we will win our next two aways easily then get beat again at pittodrie, i would like to see players who battle for the shirts in form of a Simmie or Cooper.

I cant see Aberdeen finishing above 9th place this season as the team just hasent gelled.

I just passed out trying to read that sentence out loud - I think I should have taken full stop breaths instead of comma sized breaths.

Smart ass comment that ignores the points being made. OK, you like us all to think you are so superior in articulacy and intellectual terms.

Prove it. Debate him/her, instead of climbing up your own arse. Disgusting to watch.

Calderwood can promise anything he wants. He's not capable, as is blindingly obvious to vast majority of attendees at Pittodrie.