Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Euro Championships

BigAl

So we are off and running.

Thought I'd create a thread where all matters relating to the tournament (apart from Scotland which has it's own thread) can go.

Almost half time in ?? v ?? game.

All Italy but still no break through.

Italians have looked really good so far. Will they make the break through or will the Turks hit them with the classic sucker punch ?

Well that was all very untypically Italian.

Used to Italian teams strength being defensive and not renowned for flair but this current team moved the ball about superbly and certainly have goals in them.

Probably a good result from a Wales perspective

Italy were a joy to watch. Way they moved the ball when they had it was amazing. Press when they didn’t have the ball just left Turkey with nowhere to go. Chiellini making a brilliant tackle in 92nd minute with them 3-0 summed up their work rate. 

I’ve managed to miss the entire build up and will only listen to their shite when it comes during matches.

I certainly won’t be watching any half time assessments where they always bring england into it, whoever’s playing.

The quicker they get knocked out the better.

It's the fact that we have to watch it through an English lens. It's fucking tragic. Why Ferdinand and Shearer? Why are they better pundits than, say, Neil McCann and Ricky Foster? I'm not saying they are or aren't, it's just that they're there on a UK television channel to satiate an English audience. Fucking cunts. Fine to pay them a fortune for English match of the day shite, but that shouldn't automatically transcend European international fitba. They can fuck off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's the fact that we have to watch it through an English lens. It's fucking tragic. Why Ferdinand and Shearer? Why are they better pundits than, say, Neil McCann and Ricky Foster? I'm not saying they are or aren't, it's just that they're there on a UK television channel to satiate an English audience. Fucking cunts. Fine to pay them a fortune for English match of the day shite, but that shouldn't automatically transcend European international fitba. They can fuck off.

This^^^

...shouted at the top of Ben Nevis with a f*cking megaphone and them 'Close Encountes of the Third Kind' amplifiers.

• Haha 1

Totally agree with comments regarding having panel of Shearer, Ferdinand and to a lesser extent Fabregas, although at least the latter didn't want to turn everything into being about England.

I switched the programme on at 7pm saw the panelists and immediately went away out a walk with the dog to avoid the built up. Where were an Italian or a Turk to give us an insight into their squads, formations etc.

In general very poor show from EBC.

A three games feast up today starting with Wales v Switzerland in which could be a cracker and the outcome of which already looks like it could go a long way to deciding the runner up spot in the group.

10 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Pat Nevin is supposed to be part of the 5live commentary. Would like to think BBC scotland will have a foot in the door for the Croatia & czech games.

But again, it has to be a player who English fans will recognise. Same with fabregas. We'll get Strachan at some point too I expect. Again, all firmly based in being a token Scot familiar to England (Strachan obviously coached the national side, but the point stands). 

It's fucking ridiculous that there isn't coverage of the entire tournament on the BBC Scotland channel.

1 hour ago, sancho_panza said:

I never had much against Wales until those qualifiers a few years ago where they beat us twice and Bale dived to win a penalty.

Think they saw it as payback for Jordan's alleged handball at Anfield way back in 1977 when we qualified for Argentina '78

Few posts deleted just now on this thread.

Not sure if the initial comment was meant in humour or if I've missed something in the past.

Either way guys, keep it off the board please.

None of the moderators have any great desire to spend time getting involved