Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hibs

6 pointer this one. Win and we go level with them on points, which frankly after the season we’ve had, would be baffling. Only a financial and pride hit by making third place. Has no impact on the euro qualifiers but still, rather us than them. 

was great to see Hedges make a surprise return recently, hopefully he builds on his performance and gets another one this week. Obviously our form against them this season goes out the window with the new manager so be interesting if he tries to keep it tighter.

out

bed

work

work

1-1, hedges

35 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Where the fuck is everyone?!? Know the pubs have opened and all that but still ?

Official club preview below:

https://www.afc.co.uk/preview/match-preview-aberdeen-v-hibernian-3/#match-preview

Apathy?

Meaningless game in reality, aside from an outside chance of an extra £250k for 3rd.

I suppose that’s potentially a player. 

In a strange way Hibs v St Johnstone cup final could be bigger to us.

Hibs winning the cup (& the £3m subsequent European money) could see them distance themselves a bit from us potentially. 

Massive apathy. I suspect I will watch it as it’s last game on the season ticket but fucking up cup along with signings of Brown and Gallagher have just increased my disenchantment with football at the moment.

Oot

Working

TV

Flat

1-0 Hendry.

17 hours ago, manc_don said:

Where the fuck is everyone?!? Know the pubs have opened and all that but still ?

It's always difficult to drum up enthusiasm for a pre-season game this early in the year. 

Will admit the return of Hedges did pique my curiosity a little though, as they say God loves a trier (presumably along with moustaches and overambitious seafood empires).

Will more than likely tune in for the last home game of the season, so we can give Logan a virtual applause for his service (assuming McGinn will get another year). Hopefully we'll tank them. Be interesting to see if Hedges starts, he looked a bit off the pace against Livi despite his goal. Hopefully another week will get him fit enough for the first hour.

26 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

He fucking better back up his bluster with signings.

We need about 5 for the first X1.

From what Joe Lewis said at the end of the game the players have been told there will be wholesale changes in the summer. He also suggested that the out of contract players will all be going. 

54 minutes ago, Jute said:

From what Joe Lewis said at the end of the game the players have been told there will be wholesale changes in the summer. He also suggested that the out of contract players will all be going. 

Can we also rip up the players with contracts?