Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

If we sold Ferguson for £2.5mill would anyone take a chance on Griffiths for a year contract if persuaded?

We could be just what he needs to resurrect his career.

Or he could still be a dick and fuck us over hmm.

Just like Brown, it would be a high risk signing. If I were the manager, I'd steer well clear of guys that you have to devote a lot of time to and I think Griffiths would be one of those. That said, I'd like to think it wouldn't matter if we sold Ferguson or not, and if we wanted Griffiths we'd offer him a reasonable contract. Then again, I wouldn't sell Ferguson either, I think we need him for at least another six months. I think the chances of us successfully implementing a complete overhaul of our team in one window are virtually nil and I think that Ferguson has the potential to be very good in the coming season. Similarly, I'd be concerned that with a good pre-season we'd be missing out on a very good player in McRorie. McGeouch, Ojo, Virtanen, Kennedy, Devlin are the guys we want to be shipping to drop the numbers in the squad. It would be a fucking abomination to give Devlin a contract while letting McRorie go.

Hear what your saying about Griffiths.

In terms of potential and ability, I'm still a fan.

I'm extremely hopeful we will get a very good striker whoever it is.

I like the way Glass thinks already.

He's not taking any passengers by the looks of things (at the moment anyway).

29 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Hear what your saying about Griffiths.

In terms of potential and ability, I'm still a fan.

I'm extremely hopeful we will get a very good striker whoever it is.

I like the way Glass thinks already.

He's not taking any passengers by the looks of things (at the moment anyway).

I've not seen anything particularly good about Glass so far, nor anything completely horrendous either. When you say he's not taking any passengers, what do you mean? I don't think there's much evidence either way so far.

What I'm saying is , he's getting rid of Taylor and Hoban.

He's already signed arguably the best/most experiences midfielder in Scotland over the last decade , a very good Scottish international defender and an SPL striker on fine form.

This is his intent (before this season ended).

So whatever comes in the next 2 weeks say, is undoubtedly more signings as he said himself I believe.

Considine said 11-13 players might be on there way out.

You could say a slightly different attacking style has been adopted.

We ripped the huns apart with some very good moves 2nd half with a shit team.

Edited by HaarDon

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

It's just they're both bang average.

Yeah. Ferguson has the advantage of having his dad on the national broadcaster to blow smoke from his ass.

He’s been terrible this season. Mccrorie is ‘versatile’, which is football speak for pretty rubbish in every position.

Campbell is better than either of them so I’ll put my faith in him for next season.

2021 (not confirmed as leaving yet. Guessing all have been offered new deals?)

McGinn (33) - past his best

Devlin (27) - Always injured

Ross (19)- Is he good enough?

Anderson (22)- Probably not of the required standard

Ngwenya (18) - Youth

Hayes (33) - On the decline

Hedges (25) - Give him a new contract 

McGeouch (28) - made of glass

Ojo (29) - not of the required standard, hopefully finds a gig in england 

Considine (34) - coming to the end of his career

Virtanen (22) - Is he good enough?

Ruth (19) - Youth

Campbell (20) - Needs to be a first pick next season

Kennedy (26) - Rubbish

McLennan (21) - Beginning to look like he won't be good enough 

MacKenzie (21) - Needs to be first pick LB next season

Gallagher (30) - Pleased with this signing 

Brown (35) - Is he in decline, does it matter?

Woods (30) - needs to push Lewis for No. 1

Ferguson (21) -  will be away as soon as enough money is offered

Hernandez (23) - on loan doubt he'll ever be back

McCrorie (23) - Nae sure? If we can double our money on him this summer, take it.

Lewis (33)- Not as good as he was 

Ramsay (17)- Youth, but should play a decent part in next season.

Unknown

Ryan Duncan (17) - Youth

Squad is hardly inspiring when you look at it...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

He obviously sees something in Robertson.

He’s trying to sign him.

It’s just no-one else can. 

At least the physio will be busy, with Robertson being signed & Devlin being re-signed.

Find the criticism of Robertson interesting and unfair. Can anyone honestly say they've seen him play enough since he left us to give him a fair assessment/judgement? 

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Find the criticism of Robertson interesting and unfair. Can anyone honestly say they've seen him play enough since he left us to give him a fair assessment/judgement? 

I agree. He had decent potential when he was here but was lightweight as a youngster. He obviously would have addressed that with age and has made a half decent career playing in the championship. As others have mentioned, the fitness over the last year or two is a concern. And he's a hun.

14 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I’m basing it on the fact he’s missed 60% of the last two seasons with injuries, regardless of whether he’s the new Beckenbauer or not. 

2 hours ago, baggy89 said:

2021 (not confirmed as leaving yet. Guessing all have been offered new deals?)

McGinn (33) - past his best

Devlin (27) - Always injured

Ross (19)- Is he good enough?

Anderson (22)- Probably not of the required standard

Ngwenya (18) - Youth

Hayes (33) - On the decline

Hedges (25) - Give him a new contract 

McGeouch (28) - made of glass

Ojo (29) - not of the required standard, hopefully finds a gig in england 

Considine (34) - coming to the end of his career

Virtanen (22) - Is he good enough?

Ruth (19) - Youth

Campbell (20) - Needs to be a first pick next season

Kennedy (26) - Rubbish

McLennan (21) - Beginning to look like he won't be good enough 

MacKenzie (21) - Needs to be first pick LB next season

Gallagher (30) - Pleased with this signing 

Brown (35) - Is he in decline, does it matter?

Woods (30) - needs to push Lewis for No. 1

Ferguson (21) -  will be away as soon as enough money is offered

Hernandez (23) - on loan doubt he'll ever be back

McCrorie (23) - Nae sure? If we can double our money on him this summer, take it.

Lewis (33)- Not as good as he was 

Ramsay (17)- Youth, but should play a decent part in next season.

Unknown

Ryan Duncan (17) - Youth

Squad is hardly inspiring when you look at it...

It was absolutely criminal of Cormack not to allow any signings in the January window. I completely understand that McInnes was likely on his way out, but that's not remotely the point. We've changed nothing in terms of recruitment (that I'm aware of), so the notion that we'll suddenly start picking up amazing talent with Glass being the only change is silly. At most, he'll have one or two players that he'll favour but so far we're fishing in the same pond. Gallagher, Jet, Robertson are not signings that McInnes wouldn't have pulled off. As I've been droning on about for years, recruitment is a club responsibility, with a manager signing off. The club should be assessing targets and coming to a consensus. That process should have happened in January so that we weren't stuck with needing 5 or 6 first team players. That's an exceptionally difficult task in a single window. If Cormack had doubts about McInnes, which he should have, then all he needed to do was to instruct the club's scouting team to look for targets in the areas where we would be short in the coming season and tell McInnes to take a back seat while that process occurred. If he didn't think that the recruitment team was good enough then that needed to be addressed in January. Glass is a manager, not a scout, the roles need to be separated. It very much seems like Cormack and Glass are winging it.

59 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Claimed on P&B that JET is a swap for Anderson

Apparently Livi have been after Anderson for a couple of years.

How does that even work, he won't even be under contract so how can we use him as leverage? I'd rather we kept him tbh.

19 minutes ago, manc_don said:

How does that even work, he won't even be under contract so how can we use him as leverage? I'd rather we kept him tbh.

If we've offered him an increased deal, which it looks like we have given the list of leavers just announced then we're due a training fee for Anderson. Something like £250k I think would be the asking price, however it's unlikely anyone will go close to that so as bait in a swap seems fine. Although I am far from convinced by jet.

50 minutes ago, manc_don said:

28 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

If we've offered him an increased deal, which it looks like we have given the list of leavers just announced then we're due a training fee for Anderson. Something like £250k I think would be the asking price, however it's unlikely anyone will go close to that so as bait in a swap seems fine. Although I am far from convinced by jet.

Manc, it is exactly what Rico says.

The theory is that we could be due somewhere between £200/250k in development fees and JET has some weird clause regarding him leaving Livi for another UK team.

8 minutes ago, Jute said:

Being linked with a right back from our American overlords who is currently surplus to requirements as behind the right back we loaned them as he was not good enough for us. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jack-gurr-aberdeen-radar-stephen-24128997.amp?__twitter_impression=true

The first of the Atlanta rejects wends their way to Pittodrie.

“Exciting quality signings” was what was promised... 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Manc, it is exactly what Rico says.

The theory is that we could be due somewhere between £200/250k in development fees and JET has some weird clause regarding him leaving Livi for another UK team.

Seems to be some truth to this.

Give up £250k development money to get a 30 year old striker who score 5 league goals. No thanks.

17 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Agree.
Trouble is, I don’t think Anderson is good enough for us, but no-one will pay the £200k-£250k compensation.

Article suggests Hearts want to offer Anderson a deal so got to assume they are wiling to pay the compensation. 

Should add that this is the Record so is probably a heap of shit.