Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

2 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Martindale quoted as saying he expects Jay Emmanuel Thomas to sign for us next week.

I think Cormack & Glass need to re-define their definition of “quality signings”. 

Brown, Gallagher and JET - such youthful promise

Hedges was excellent yesterday.

He was taking on players and succeeding. Not afraid but also has the skill to back it up.

That move past 5 players was superb.

We need him so bad.he's by far our best player.

Still dont get why so many people rate Ferguson.

That miss was shocking and we wouldnt miss him if we get someone else in to replace him.

Doesnt matter now and I'm sure the huns dropped down the gears after 2-0 but 2nd half we were all over them. Some very nice moves by us which is promising.

Ferguson has been absolutely woeful recently and a large part of the reason why we are so shit.

He will be in the huff about McHun getting sacked. He's another hun that needs chased from AFC as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, wee toon red said:

As things stand we’ve zero strikers, so I don’t any need to panic about signing JET. until we see the rest of the forwards we won’t know if he’s meant to be the best of them or a backup option.

For me it’s because we have been here before with Main. When he signed plenty where saying he is just a back up but we then had to play him due to injuries and loss of form. No point in having a back up who is not going to push those in first team and not someone one who you could happy to have  playing week in week out if circumstances pushed you that way. 

If as Livingston are saying a fee is involved then definitely one we should not be touching as far as I am concerned.

He looked a’right against us.

A real pain in the arse.

But I haven’t actually seen him against anyone else, or for that matter ever heard of him before the recent cup game.

I’m never that keen on players as big as him but he looked nimble enough.

4 hours ago, tup1 said:

Ferguson has been absolutely woeful recently and a large part of the reason why we are so shit.

He will be in the huff about McHun getting sacked. He's another hun that needs chased from AFC as soon as possible.

Ferguson improved in the games since McInnes left, his workrate certainly increased and he was getting in the box far more regularly. 

In my opinion he was struggling with the extra workload so late in the season and probably the change in training regime. His final ball/shot just seemed to be fairly weak like he was running out of steam (Hayes too). His effort against the Tims was a good example of this after Brown's pass. I think he'll be a much improved player next season with a good preseason in him. I really hope we keep hold of him and he proves himself worthy of a move. I could easily see a team taking an expensive punt on him in the summer, but I don't think he deserves it.

• Like 2

Ross McCrorie supposedly a target for Sunderland.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ross-mccrorie-sunderland-wanted-list-24121823

Also being alleged we have rejected £2m bid from Watford for Ferguson. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7121564/aberdeen-2-million-watford-ferguson-rangers/amp/

Apologies for the source for both.

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

Ross McCrorie supposedly a target for Sunderland.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ross-mccrorie-sunderland-wanted-list-24121823

Also being alleged we have rejected £2m bid from Watford for Ferguson. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7121564/aberdeen-2-million-watford-ferguson-rangers/amp/

Apologies for the source for both.

Anything at £2.5m or more for Ferguson should be taken.

McCrorie fee not enough. 

Just now, RedStarTorphins said:

Anything at £2.5m or more for Ferguson should be taken.

McCrorie fee not enough. 

If they are offering £2m now with 3 months of window to go fair chance they will come back in with higher offer before window shuts. 

Meant to add also confirmed Hoban is not being offered a deal in the article. He proved me wrong by staying fit for most of season and although form has dipped recently I would have offered him another deal. Not convinced those we have coming in are better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

If they are offering £2m now with 3 months of window to go fair chance they will come back in with higher offer before window shuts. 

Meant to add also confirmed Hoban is not being offered a deal in the article. He proved me wrong by staying fit for most of season and although form has dipped recently I would have offered him another deal. Not convinced those we have coming in are better. 

Clark Robertson is not an upgrade on Hoban or Considine. 

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I'm not so sure.

We need change badly.

Hopefully Glass sees something in Robertson.

He obviously sees something in Robertson.

He’s trying to sign him.

It’s just no-one else can. 

At least the physio will be busy, with Robertson being signed & Devlin being re-signed.

Selling Ferguson for £2.5m+ is sensible IMO.

My concern is we have a rookie manager rebuilding a team & squad, and is doing so with not a huge amount of knowledge of the British market, so are we relying on Russ Richardson, who’s record as Head of Recruitment is patchy at best?

Going to be an interesting next few weeks.

Fuck knows what team we’ll have on the pitch come the start of the new season. 

I had a look on a Rotherham forum the other day, the consensus seemed to be that Robertson was their best defender when fit. Unfortunately “when fit” happens as often as it does for Mikey Devlin for us seemingly and he has a bit of a reputation for being a hypochondriac/fanny.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

I had a look on a Rotherham forum the other day, the consensus seemed to be that Robertson was their best defender when fit. Unfortunately “when fit” happens as often as it does for Mikey Devlin for us seemingly and he has a bit of a reputation for being a hypochondriac/fanny.

Which was only 40% of the time, for the last two seasons